• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Refers to Americans Who Were Killed in Action As “Losers” and “Suckers”

Tigerace117

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic

From the article:

“Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Donald Trump is truly a pathetic waste of oxygen.

And before his followers start whining “but the sources didn’t identify themselves so we could attack them!”.....this is coming from the same guy who declared that he liked people who “weren’t captured” and who attacked the family of a war hero repeatedly. Not to mention, of course, his attacks on James Mattis, who has done far more for this country than Trump could dream of.

In short, there’s a pattern here, and his latest despicable comments are just more proof of that.

The ugliness is the point. Vote them out.

The ugliness is the point. Vote them out.

The fact that conservatives tolerate this crap is truly amazing and just goes to show how phony their claims of “patriotism” are.

I have no idea why so many of my fellow Americans are acting un-American, and supporting Trump. But, it's disgusting.

The fact that conservatives tolerate this crap is truly amazing and just goes to show how phony their claims of “patriotism” are.
I grew-up with Blue-dog Dems that were more conservative than today's so-called 'conservatives'. In a Democrat 'machine' city!

I grew-up with Blue-dog Dems that were more conservative than today's so-called 'conservatives'. In a Democrat 'machine' city!

this

today we call wingnut extremists Republicans and main stream folks liberal radical

it's insane how all this happened

Well Trump has often disrespected the men and women of the military, so something like this would be no surprise.

Another explanation is more quotidian, and aligns with a broader understanding of Trump’s material-focused worldview. The president believes that nothing is worth doing without the promise of monetary payback, and that talented people who don’t pursue riches are “losers.” (According to eyewitnesses, after a White House briefing given by the then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joe Dunford, Trump turned to aides and said, “That guy is smart. Why did he join the military?”)

Imagine trying to explain "service" and "sacrifice" to an ant.

Well Trump has often disrespected the men and women of the military, so something like this would be no surprise.

Which military men did Trump fail to respect? But don't quit there, show a pattern where you ignore how he still supports the military of today.,

Which military men did Trump fail to respect? But don't quit there, show a pattern where you ignore how he still supports the military of today.,

Trump’s shrieking about how he likes people who “weren’t captured”.

Trump’s attacks on the family of a war hero.

Trump’s attacks on Mattis.

Trump’s repeated attacks on John McCain.

And that’s just for starters.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic

From the article:

“Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Donald Trump is truly a pathetic waste of oxygen.

And before his followers start whining “but the sources didn’t identify themselves so we could attack them!”.....this is coming from the same guy who declared that he liked people who “weren’t captured” and who attacked the family of a war hero repeatedly. Not to mention, of course, his attacks on James Mattis, who has done far more for this country than Trump could dream of.

In short, there’s a pattern here, and his latest despicable comments are just more proof of that.

If Trump hadn't said pretty much the same thing about John McCain's torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese I would think this was some sort of fake story. If Trump hadn't mocked the disabled and attacked the family of a soldier who died in Afghanistan it would be hard to imagine that this is real.

How does a human being not only say that stuff out loud but get supporters for himself?

I have tried on the Internet since we had Clinton the draft dodger and can't reach Democrats at any point.

but Obama wore a tan suit.

Vote his corrupt ass out of DC.

If Trump hadn't said pretty much the same thing about John McCain's torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese I would think this was some sort of fake story. If Trump hadn't mocked the disabled and attacked the family of a soldier who died in Afghanistan it would be hard to imagine that this is real.

How does a human being not only say that stuff out loud but get supporters for himself?

John who I did support and believe you refused to support told the story of him volunteering to remain a captive.

Officers are supposed to lead an escape, not agree to remain a captive.

Trump’s supporters don’t care about the country. They certainly don’t care about the people who serve in the military. The fact that they continue to support him after his repeated attacks on the folks who’ve served their country faithfully and well shows that very clearly.

If you want people to think you are serious or that you support Trump for some "valid" reason you should probably acquiesce that reality is still reality. You know exactly what people are talking about.

If you want people to think you are serious or that you support Trump for some "valid" reason you should probably acquiesce that reality is still reality. You know exactly what people are talking about.

If you knew what you are talking about, you could have answered the question.

Ants get that concept. It's entitled rich American soft boys like Trump and Kushner who don't.

John who I did support and believe you refused to support told the story of him volunteering to remain a captive.

Officers are supposed to lead an escape, not agree to remain a captive.

Your post is either ignorance or misinformation. John McCain was offered release before those that were captured before him in a political stunt; McCain refused to be released in front of those who were POWs for a longer time. Why do you lie?

Trump’s supporters don’t care about the country. They certainly don’t care about the people who serve in the military. The fact that they continue to support him after his repeated attacks on the folks who’ve served their country faithfully and well shows that very clearly.

Just give us the examples you rely on to make such belligerent statements. We want to study your alleged proof.

Our president is the most dispicable man in America.

0days.jpg

Did you forget about the Putin Assassinations of our Military Soldiers, and not a word to Vlad? Helsinki must have been another proud day for TrumpQuins.

At least he didn’t catch STD’s during Vietnam, eh? Or did he? What could possibly explain the dementia of Deutsche Donald with his insane CTs these days?!

Your post is either ignorance or misinformation. John McCain was offered release before those that were captured before him in a political stunt; McCain refused to be released in front of those who were POWs for a longer time. Why do you lie?

By your own hand you proved I told the truth. Did you vote for John McCain to be president? I voted for him.

Back
Top Bottom