• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump reaches number of delegates needed to clinch nomination

If Trump is sworn into office, then he's eight months out and already he's itching for a fight with Mexico...

OH NO!!

Anything but that!

They might put an end to their citizens sneaking in to our country illegally, and might stop accepting the billions of dollars and hundreds of thour=sands of good jobs we send to their country every year.

What ever will we do?

Libya, Egypt, Syria? I would say more destabilization happened in the last 7-8 years than in the previous 8

Those are names of countries, not evidence that Obama destabilized anything.

OH NO!!

Anything but that!

They might put an end to their citizens sneaking in to our country illegally, and might stop accepting the billions of dollars and hundreds of thour=sands of good jobs we send to their country every year.

What ever will we do?

You conveniently left out the UK. Is alienating our closest and strongest ally acceptable to you as well?

Those are names of countries, not evidence that Obama destabilized anything.

Head in the sand or what?
The US military and US government assisted or were involved with the Egypt Crisis and getting rod of Mubarak, The Libya Crisys and deposing Gaddafi, And the current situation in Syria where we attacked helped depose Assad by supporting and training the Free Syrian army and then in the aftermath of destabilization we have been bombing opposing factions of ISIS and Al Queda and the of course allied to fight back.

Now the GOP just has to pray that if he's ever sworn into the Presidency he'll actually have meant even a small fraction of the conservative positions he claims to have taken. One thing I can guarantee: he's going to set the international stage on fire. If you thought George W. Bush's international policy was bad, you ain't seen nothin.' At that point when the Bush "miss me yet?" meme is passed around again I'll finally answer "Yes, yes I think I do."

This is a nightmare for the American Idol voter who believes being liked is more important than being respected. I know one ally that is going to be jumping for joy and that would be our biggest, Israel. I know of no ally that is apprehensive about a Trump Presidency but a lot of countries with dictators and used to the Obama appeasement attitude are going to be scared as they should be. It really is time to put America first again

I knew it was coming, but I still drank heavily last night. I can't believe we have a Democrat who has the GOP nomination sewn up, and a former Republican who is Democratic by injection with the Democratic nomination sewn up.

Never in the history of the United State have 2 more unappealing candidates been presented for this job. Neither one of these shysters is getting my vote.

I knew it was coming, but I still drank heavily last night. I can't believe we have a Democrat who has the GOP nomination sewn up, and a former Republican who is Democratic by injection with the Democratic nomination sewn up.

Never in the history of the United State have 2 more unappealing candidates been presented for this job. Neither one of these shysters is getting my vote.

It is rather sad that this is the choice we have however it has become obvious to me that the Establishment GOP is the problem and Trump has indeed won POPULAR support. Hillary on the other hand has the "Super Delegates" and is rapidly losing the support of Independents because of her background and her legal problems. she is totally unqualified for the office based upon her lack of accomplishments and although I am not a Trump supporter I will vote for him in the election because not to do so or to vote for a third party would put Hillary in the WH and that would be IMO a worse disaster.

Head in the sand or what?
The US military and US government assisted or were involved with the Egypt Crisis and getting rod of Mubarak, The Libya Crisys and deposing Gaddafi, And the current situation in Syria where we attacked helped depose Assad by supporting and training the Free Syrian army and then in the aftermath of destabilization we have been bombing opposing factions of ISIS and Al Queda and the of course allied to fight back.

Egypt destabilized itself -- we did not cause that. The US involvement in Libya was simply a part of a NATO-led intervention. Like Egypt, Syria destabilized itself. The current situation is part of a larger destabilization caused directly by the invasion of Iraq and its resulting power vacuum. The lack of a cogent policy for dealing with ISIS stems from the fact that there are no good ideas or political momentum from any direction for how to plausibly deal with just another vacuum after getting rid of ISIS. The lack of a cogent policy in Syria is that there are no players that would make for reliable partners in a resulting government. The only cogent policy that would have any measurable impact is "turn the Middle East into a glass parking lot," and there are people who are of the belief that such an action might be unethical.

This is a nightmare for the American Idol voter who believes being liked is more important than being respected. I know one ally that is going to be jumping for joy and that would be our biggest, Israel. I know of no ally that is apprehensive about a Trump Presidency but a lot of countries with dictators and used to the Obama appeasement attitude are going to be scared as they should be. It really is time to put America first again

This is a honeymoon for Conservatives who keep forgetting that being liked is an important factor in quid pro quo.

When Hillary doesn't attempt to mimic "humor" she doesn't seem quite so bad.

Who exactly do you want to like us that doesn't?

Why are you even asking the question? Your position is that it's not important for anybody to like us...period. When you've taken something to that extreme, "who" is beside the point.

Who exactly do you want to like us that doesn't?

good question. there isn't a country out there Obama has either apologized too(friend or foe) or a dictatorship he hasn't given a sweetheart deal too(see Iran and Cuba). If they don't love our a$$es now they NEVER will. Yet still 2/3rds of the country think we are headed in the wrong direction. so I'm having a hard time seeing how getting all this "love" is actually producing any tangible success.

Liberals keep trying to go after Trump for being a bad businessman.

The last company Hillary ran was Whitewater. she had two partners. one is in jail and the other committed suicide. If Trump had THOSE skeletons in his closet the left would use it too eviscerate him. But when hillary has that baggage? ignore ignore ignore

rationalizing. it's what they're best at.

The last company Hillary ran was Whitewater. she had two partners. one is in jail and the other committed suicide. If Trump had THOSE skeletons in his closet the left would use it too eviscerate him. But when hillary has that baggage? ignore ignore ignore

rationalizing. it's what they're best at.

Speaking of ignore ignore ignore, Trump supporters were conspicuously silent when I posted this thread. If I recall, only Reinoe had the guts to come right out and say "I don't care."

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...essured-into-writing-good-reviews-w-26-a.html

The last company Hillary ran ..
Hillary is not staking her claim for the WH on the basis of her "running a company".

Further, the main cause of the land development investment failure....was the massive increase in interest rates causing lack of buyer interest.

Hillary is not staking her claim for the WH on the basis of her "running a company".

Further, the main cause of the land development investment failure....was the massive increase in interest rates causing lack of buyer interest.

Whitewater made loans to low income borrowers, targeting mostly elderly people. Of the borrower missed one payment, Whitwater not only kept all the money, but would repossess the property, putting the borrower on the street. Then, they would turn around and repeat the process over and over.

Whitewater made loans.
That is interesting, how did a failed corporate entity "make loans"? Are you conflating it with Madison S&L, run by Jim McDougal?

Why are you even asking the question? Your position is that it's not important for anybody to like us...period. When you've taken something to that extreme, "who" is beside the point.

You are the American Idol voter and believes being liked is more important than being respected so when Trump is President which Ally won't like us?

You are the American Idol voter

This thread isn't about me. Thanks for the personal touch, though.

and believes being liked is more important than being respected

Don't quit your day job to do mind reading at the carnival.

so when Trump is President which Ally won't like us?

As I said, Trump is already in a grudge match with David Camron. Not that this will mean anything to you because, as you said, being liked is for American Idol voters.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/05/16/trump-says-he-wont-get-along-with-cameron/

This thread isn't about me. Thanks for the personal touch, though.

Don't quit your day job to do mind reading at the carnival.

As I said, Trump is already in a grudge match with David Camron. Not that this will mean anything to you because, as you said, being liked is for American Idol voters.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/05/16/trump-says-he-wont-get-along-with-cameron/

Being in a grudge mass? That is your evidence. Wow, so tell me why it is important that other leaders of other countries like us? We have the greatest economy on the face of the earth in spite of liberalism and incompetence so I have no idea what you are even talking about

By the way it is none of any other country in the world's business if we put a ban on who enters our country.

Now if he can win the election we might see that change Obama promised and never delivered. If Hillary wins I will probably sign up for welfare. Got to go with the flow as they say. Big government can pay my bills.

Being in a grudge mass? That is your evidence. Wow, so tell me why it is important that other leaders of other countries like us?

Welcome to our planet, traveler from another star! Here you will find that the dominant life form is called the "human." On Earth, humans can often be expected to reciprocate your behavior with similar behavior of their own. If you are nice to them, they are more likely to be nice to you. Sometimes, another human may even come to "like" you. At that point, you will find that the human will generally be more pleasant to be around and more amenable to your needs. Sometimes, they may even do nice things for you without even being asked. However, take note, interstellar visitor! Some humans find it easier to get what they want by intimidating other humans, either through aggression or threat of punishment for not getting what they want. While this works to a certain limited extent, you will find those humans will not stand beside you when you need them the most, and may even plot against your good will. This is called "resentment," and it is the opposite of "liking." Our Earth Tourist Advisory Board advises you to exercise a healthy mixture of roughly three parts "being nice" to one part "making it clear that those who have clear intent to harm you will meet with unpleasantness." Happy travels and don't forget to stop by the gift shop!

We have the greatest economy on the face of the earth in spite of liberalism and incompetence so I have no idea what you are even talking about

By the way it is none of any other country in the world's business if we put a ban on who enters our country.

Egypt destabilized itself -- we did not cause that. The US involvement in Libya was simply a part of a NATO-led intervention. Like Egypt, Syria destabilized itself. The current situation is part of a larger destabilization caused directly by the invasion of Iraq and its resulting power vacuum. The lack of a cogent policy for dealing with ISIS stems from the fact that there are no good ideas or political momentum from any direction for how to plausibly deal with just another vacuum after getting rid of ISIS. The lack of a cogent policy in Syria is that there are no players that would make for reliable partners in a resulting government. The only cogent policy that would have any measurable impact is "turn the Middle East into a glass parking lot," and there are people who are of the belief that such an action might be unethical.

To list a few -
U.S. Intervention Continues to Undermine Egyptian Revolution
U.S. Intervention Continues to Undermine Egyptian Revolution
The U.S. Role In Egypt's Battle For Democracy
The U.S. Role In Egypt's Battle For Democracy : NPR
US-Backed Coup Hijacks Egypt’s Revolution
US-Backed Coup Hijacks Egypt’s Revolution | Foreign Policy Journal

Welcome to our planet, traveler from another star! Here you will find that the dominant life form is called the "human." On Earth, humans can often be expected to reciprocate your behavior with similar behavior of their own. If you are nice to them, they are more likely to be nice to you. Sometimes, another human may even come to "like" you. At that point, you will find that the human will generally be more pleasant to be around and more amenable to your needs. Sometimes, they may even do nice things for you without even being asked. However, take note, interstellar visitor! Some humans find it easier to get what they want by intimidating other humans, either through aggression or threat of punishment for not getting what they want. While this works to a certain limited extent, you will find those humans will not stand beside you when you need them the most, and may even plot against your good will. This is called "resentment," and it is the opposite of "liking." Our Earth Tourist Advisory Board advises you to exercise a healthy mixture of roughly three parts "being nice" to one part "making it clear that those who have clear intent to harm you will meet with unpleasantness." Happy travels and don't forget to stop by the gift shop!

You spout the typical leftwing naïve approach to dealing with evil and dictators who only know one thing. Do you know what a global Caliphate is? Look it up, then please tell me what countries in the world won't like us if Trump is President?

What you want to ignore is the good the US has done around the world with that so called "intervention" as you buy the liberal rhetoric. Millions and millions of people have been freed to pursue their own course of action and political remedy. The liberal policies of appeasement and being liked plays right into the hands of dictators who play on the ignorance of the left and even most of their own people. Ruling by force is what they do

Radical Islam wants you to convert or die, which is it?

Back
Top Bottom