• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump re-election machine

Mach

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Trump's re-election juggernaut: An inside look - CNNPolitics

I found this article interesting.

Highlights:

1. Trump chose to commit to re-election hours after inauguration. No other president has done that...they often wait a year or more. This re-election machine never stopped after 2016, it's been going since then. There is a risk they will lose the "newness" spark, the urgency. On the other hand, it's grown by leaps and bounds, and is becoming a finely tuned, professional machine.

2. The operation is now professional, staffed, nice digs, all a big improvement from the ad hoc 2016 election. Everything Brad would have liked to have before, or have had time to do, he's now been able to do.

3. Trump has held some 56 rallies, those have not stopped either. Democrats and media mocks them as "building up Trump's ego". In reality Parscale in one example, now takes the podium before Trump, gets people fired up, and has everyone text "WALL", in one example, to the number he provides. They now have everyone's number at the rally who texts that...all gung-ho supporters. They also scan tickets of entrants, to find out what the political makeup of the crowd is..20% democrat? They can shift their message accordingly. They are data probes that Pascale uses as part of his data-driven efforts, not so absurd?

4. In many cases they have record fund raising, and record spending. Outspending Democrats 2:1 in social media for example. The RNC has had plenty of time now, with the success of 2016's election, to now integrate fully withe the Trump re-election campaign. All those Trump jitters are along gone, it's one body, behind Trump.

5. Trump stays involved in the campaign, and Brad says Trump micromanaged it in 2016, and he fully expects and plans to have Trump micromanage it in 2020. Reminds me of when Hillary immediately blamed her staff for her loss...would Trump do the same? He may because he's an asshole, but I wonder if Hillary micro-managed any of it, and if that is a strength of Trump's approach.

6. Parscale seems like the real deal, but from a more unconventional background. Somehow humble seeming, trying to do the best in the business effort, intelligently, data-driven, with apparently full support of Trump, his family, and everyone around him...a rare thing in the GOT style circle around Trump. Parscale is hungry, he's making his legacy as a king maker, he hasn't faltered yet, that's a powerful human combination.

Obviously Democrats are not standing still...they were the leaders in the digital campaign some years back, they are behind right now for variety of reasons. They don't have a candidate or a direction yet, so things can't really start in earnest. The primary point I suppose is that despite the absurdity of Trump as a person, his family, is stupidity, and his behavior, his re-election campaign is no joke. Today it's the best there is in the world. The re-election campaign is unlikely to drop the ball. They are unlikely to miss on messaging, they are unlikely to let big advantages go to waste.

There is unlikely to be any big unforced errors from the re-election campaign, it's up to Donald to find a way to lose 2020, or the Democrats to find a way to win it with a candidate that appeals to everyone more than the troll in the White House. The troll that almost magically cam say what certain demographics are begging to hear, because of the data behind his actions. When we hear Trump say stupid things and think "who on earth is gonna believe that", in many cases I bet, they have the data to show exactly who, and how many people do believe it, and want to hear it.

With "no collusion" being supported by Mueller, 2020 looks more in play than it did just a week ago. What say you?

I suspect that Trump will at least moderately campaign on the *reported* results of the Mueller investigation and that means capitalizing on that while it is fresh in the news, so we can expect the re-election machine to go full tilt because of this. Trump's base is already all behind this, the question is appealing to Independents as a means to try to prevent them from voting for whoever from the plethora of Democratic candidates ends up with the nod.

I suspect that Trump will at least moderately campaign on the *reported* results of the Mueller investigation and that means capitalizing on that while it is fresh in the news, so we can expect the re-election machine to go full tilt because of this. Trump's base is already all behind this, the question is appealing to Independents as a means to try to prevent them from voting for whoever from the plethora of Democratic candidates ends up with the nod.

Nope; he's gonna go full out on that hoax created by dems. It'll be a major component of his rallies from this day onward ... starting this Thursday in Grand Rapids ... :)

Trump's re-election juggernaut: An inside look - CNNPolitics

I found this article interesting.

Highlights:

1. Trump chose to commit to re-election hours after inauguration. No other president has done that...they often wait a year or more. This re-election machine never stopped after 2016, it's been going since then. There is a risk they will lose the "newness" spark, the urgency. On the other hand, it's grown by leaps and bounds, and is becoming a finely tuned, professional machine.

2. The operation is now professional, staffed, nice digs, all a big improvement from the ad hoc 2016 election. Everything Brad would have liked to have before, or have had time to do, he's now been able to do.

3. Trump has held some 56 rallies, those have not stopped either. Democrats and media mocks them as "building up Trump's ego". In reality Parscale in one example, now takes the podium before Trump, gets people fired up, and has everyone text "WALL", in one example, to the number he provides. They now have everyone's number at the rally who texts that...all gung-ho supporters. They also scan tickets of entrants, to find out what the political makeup of the crowd is..20% democrat? They can shift their message accordingly. They are data probes that Pascale uses as part of his data-driven efforts, not so absurd?

4. In many cases they have record fund raising, and record spending. Outspending Democrats 2:1 in social media for example. The RNC has had plenty of time now, with the success of 2016's election, to now integrate fully withe the Trump re-election campaign. All those Trump jitters are along gone, it's one body, behind Trump.

5. Trump stays involved in the campaign, and Brad says Trump micromanaged it in 2016, and he fully expects and plans to have Trump micromanage it in 2020. Reminds me of when Hillary immediately blamed her staff for her loss...would Trump do the same? He may because he's an asshole, but I wonder if Hillary micro-managed any of it, and if that is a strength of Trump's approach.

6. Parscale seems like the real deal, but from a more unconventional background. Somehow humble seeming, trying to do the best in the business effort, intelligently, data-driven, with apparently full support of Trump, his family, and everyone around him...a rare thing in the GOT style circle around Trump. Parscale is hungry, he's making his legacy as a king maker, he hasn't faltered yet, that's a powerful human combination.

Obviously Democrats are not standing still...they were the leaders in the digital campaign some years back, they are behind right now for variety of reasons. They don't have a candidate or a direction yet, so things can't really start in earnest. The primary point I suppose is that despite the absurdity of Trump as a person, his family, is stupidity, and his behavior, his re-election campaign is no joke. Today it's the best there is in the world. The re-election campaign is unlikely to drop the ball. They are unlikely to miss on messaging, they are unlikely to let big advantages go to waste.

There is unlikely to be any big unforced errors from the re-election campaign, it's up to Donald to find a way to lose 2020, or the Democrats to find a way to win it with a candidate that appeals to everyone more than the troll in the White House. The troll that almost magically cam say what certain demographics are begging to hear, because of the data behind his actions. When we hear Trump say stupid things and think "who on earth is gonna believe that", in many cases I bet, they have the data to show exactly who, and how many people do believe it, and want to hear it.

With "no collusion" being supported by Mueller, 2020 looks more in play than it did just a week ago. What say you?
My first idea is that no one has ever accused Trump of being poor at self-promotion. I would also observe that the nature of our politics and elections leads to continuous campaigning. Folks were talking about 2018 while the voting machines from 2016 were still being packed up, and the same is true of post-2018 election. Look at the gaggle of Dem presidential candidates and a couple more likely to get in.

Interesting opinion piece and post. Thanks.

Nope; he's gonna go full out on that hoax created by dems. It'll be a major component of his rallies from this day onward ... starting this Thursday in Grand Rapids ... :)

Again that will work with the base (and they were already going to vote for him anyway.)

I am talking about appealing to those outside of his base.

And he will continue to push for investigations of Obama and Hillary.

Attempting to divert attention from his many racist/bigoted/xenophobic (read; anti-American values) words and actions, 8,000+ and counting outright lies, false attacks on the free press, siding with/sucking up to autocratic, murderous leaders, self enriching tax law, unindicted coconspirator status, etc., .... by continuing to keep a spotlight on the investigation that revealed many illegal activities of people closest to him during the ‘16 election campaign. Genius.:roll:

I would say "not actually a traitor to the United States" is a pretty low bar for a Presidential candidate. As is not continuously trying to push such a narrative against the sitting President after all possible evidence for such treason has flown out the window. Let us see who can jump over those respective bars without tripping and falling on their faces.

Again that will work with the base (and they were already going to vote for him anyway.)
Sure, but Mueller cleared team-Trump of the crime of "collusion", that seems to be a fact that will appeal to more than just his base (because it's a fact). And some percentage will now believe Trump's "witch hunt" nonsense is true.
Trump has definitely focused on his base, and expanding it. He certainly hasn't lost his base, so the question is how much this lets him work his way into moderates/independents who were maybe on the fence. I think given that it's Mueller, and it's (so far) in Trump's favor, that it is a factor.

Attempting to divert attention from his many racist/bigoted/xenophobic (read; anti-American values) words and actions, 8,000+ and counting outright lies, false attacks on the free press, siding with/sucking up to autocratic, murderous leaders, self enriching tax law, unindicted coconspirator status, etc., .... by continuing to keep a spotlight on the investigation that revealed many illegal activities of people closest to him during the ‘16 election campaign. Genius.:roll:

It apparently works on some people. It's stupid and obvious and easily seen through..and yet it works on some.
An old colleague of mine spent the first 20 years of his career in sales. He said (as related by his mentor) you sell to brilliant, nuanced people the same way you sell to idiots. You sell to everyone as if they are an idiot. Trump's selling to idiots, regardless of whether they are or not...and it has not failed. It his mixed success, but it's certainly not a clearly inferior strategy.

He has lost a lot of support in Ohio.

Moreover, it may be tough reelection for Trump. When he ran he was a clean slate. Now there is a lot of negative stuff. His supporters will support him no matter what but I think the Independents won't.

I also think that a Bernie Sanders would steal many of Trump's supporters in the rust belt who felt Democrats had not done enough for them.

It's a long time until election day. So much may happen. What if we're hit with a recession? The markets worried right now. A recession would sink Trump.

Who knows. The way I see it, maybe this country deserves a buffoon like Trump for president.

My first idea is that no one has ever accused Trump of being poor at self-promotion. I would also observe that the nature of our politics and elections leads to continuous campaigning. Folks were talking about 2018 while the voting machines from 2016 were still being packed up, and the same is true of post-2018 election. Look at the gaggle of Dem presidential candidates and a couple more likely to get in.
Interesting opinion piece and post. Thanks.

I really had not thought about the "continuous campaign" angle with regards to him already signing up for re-election (a fact I knew but didn't think much about), and that literally he's been running his campaign organization since whatever...2014/2015, non-stop. All those rallies...he was still campaigning the entire time. Yeah, yeah, I know that's what a rally is, but the media often tried to portray them as "rally-like speeches", and as "just a way to boost Trump's ego, raise his spirits, energize him". Neither of which seem to be in any way related to the reality that they were simply continuing to campaign. And they were honing their digital data collection, database, etc.

The "campaign has literally never stopped" just struck me as impressive...like a locomotive with inertia.

Maybe all POTUS's do that in a similar way (but never that early), I just haven't paid attention. I suppose now I'll keep an eye out of curiosity sake.

Last edited:
I always put the odds of them finding proof of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russian government pretty low. It seems Trump has been successful framing things such that the only thing that would make him look bad would be proof of that conspiracy, so the Trump camp certainly seems to have won this round.

I am more interested in Trump's business ties to Russia and the leverage those might create. There's definitely a lot of love between Trump and Russia. That stuff will be in the full report, but Barr seems like he'll bury that.

In that case Trump doesn't need to do anything ... the liberal media with their long-faced reporters/commentators and their hilarious attempts at spinning the obstruction-of-justice part will do it for him.

Some of their viewers/readers will believe the media's BS no matter what, but others - more educated ones - will see it for what it is and has always been: a hoax created by the dems and perpetuated by the liberal media.

:)

Sure, but Mueller cleared team-Trump of the crime of "collusion", that seems to be a fact that will appeal to more than just his base (because it's a fact). And some percentage will now believe Trump's "witch hunt" nonsense is true.
Trump has definitely focused on his base, and expanding it. He certainly hasn't lost his base, so the question is how much this lets him work his way into moderates/independents who were maybe on the fence. I think given that it's Mueller, and it's (so far) in Trump's favor, that it is a factor.
That is a really sad fact.

Back
Top Bottom