• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Ramps Up Obamacare Sabotage With Huge Cuts To Enrollment Programs

For a minute there it looked like there could be bi-partisan support to fix the ACA, but alas it was fleeting. The ACA is here to stay and it is frustrating that partisan politics is more important than working on a fix for the American people.

My apologies, that's just how I interpreted your statement. If you do care then you obviously don't understand what "pre-existing condition" means. I have to assume you meant "existing condition is not what insurance is for". Just so you know, some people couldn't buy healthcare because they had acne and things like that.

You obviously don't understand what "insurance" means if you think people with pre-existing conditions should be able to purchase it. Obamacare has made it illegal to sell health insurance plans. What's legal to sell right now is some twisted, expensive pre-payment plan that's not worth what it costs for most people (including me).

I don't believe you.

You can quote me this time. I don't care. I had an inexpensive plan that was marginally worth the cost. You have your friends have caused the service to worse and you've more than doubled the cost.

and this only makes it easier to not believe you. You are simply not understanding what you are posting.

Ok.

and this is where you prove you dont know what you are posting. FR, maybe you're really an honest person but just majorly confused but nothing you're posting is true. Maybe you should educate yourself about healthcare in general and Obamacare specifically before you continue posting. Here's me disproving "health care costs for employers have skyrocketed". Again, this is me disproving that.

This year’s low family premium increase is similar to last year’s (4%) and reflects a significant slowdown over the past 15 years. Since 2011, average family premiums have increased 20 percent, more slowly than the previous five years (31% increase from 2006 and 2011) and more slowly than the five years before that (63% from 2001 to 2006).

Average Annual Workplace Family Health Premiums Rise Modest 3% to $18,142 in 2016;*More Workers Enroll in High-Deductible Plans With Savings Option Over Past Two Years | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

there's a nice graph in the link showing healthcare costs, inflation and worker earnings. And fyi, quality and access has improved. So FR, if you're an honest person I'm just going to assume your employer lied to you about why he cancelled your employer sponsored healthcare.

That's nice. So some people benefitted and others were screwed. There's even a line that shows how they've kept their premiums from showing the increase--by paying more for less. Let's celebrate that, shall we?

My employer didn't lie to me. It's a small company and I know the owner personally. I haven't ever used their health insurance plan because it's cheaper to get one myself. By that I mean my individual policy was cheaper than my portion of a similar policy through their plan. You can believe that or not. Quote me again, I don't care. You and your friends cost me and my family an additional $7,000 per year in insurance premiums, and I still have to pay pretty much everything out of pocket. It would be much, much more than $7000/year extra if I had a gold-plated plan. So now I don't have an insurance plan and I use the money that I "saved" by not buying your ridiculous "insurance" plan to pay actual health care costs (which are also increasing rapidly).

I have a coworker whose premiums were over $3,000/month, for a healthy family. Let's celebrate that.

So, to summarize, I don't care what you believe. If you didn't have such a douchey "you're not smart enough to understand your insurance bill" attitude, I might care. But you do, and I don't.

Just so you know, some people couldn't buy healthcare because they had acne and things like that.

Also, there is nowhere in the world that having "acne and things like that" can keep you from buying healthcare. It is certainly not the case in the U.S. I'd be interested to see you defend the statement though.

You obviously don't understand what "insurance" means if you think people with pre-existing conditions should be able to purchase it.

Also, there is nowhere in the world that having "acne and things like that" can keep you from buying healthcare. It is certainly not the case in the U.S. I'd be interested to see you defend the statement though.

FR, this will be an excellent learning experience for you as a member of a debate forum. You have to understand that as a conservative, you instantly believe conservative narratives. So you literally start every conversation at a disadvantage. That's bad enough all by itself but out of some deluded obedience to these narratives you don't bother to check them yourself. Lets look at it from my side. Because I don't get my information from an entity with a dishonest un-American agenda, the conservative media, I was well aware of how insurance companies refuse to sell people with pre-existing conditions and the appearance of a pre-existing condition.

The most common pre-existing medical conditions - CNN

You see FR, I try to be accurate, you try to be loyal to conservative narratives. You've taken one of the biggest benefits of OBamacare and turned into some kind of negative. Now tell us what you think "pre-existing condition" means and why people shouldn't be able to purchase it if they have one or the appearance of one.

FR, its been a couple of days so I’m figuring you’ve recovered. See how you made a statement with absolute certainty concerning pre-existing conditions and it blew up in your face. That was actually the second time in our discussion. The first time it happened you simply imagined your employer was special and wouldn’t lie to you after I proved employer costs were not only not skyrocketing but enjoying the lowest cost increases the last 15 years if not longer. That should have had you pumping the brakes on your narratives instead of telling yourself “that bridge out sign is lying so go faster”. But that’s what you did.

Now FR, you posted other things that had no basis in fact but instead of discussing them lets try to find out why you were wrong about things that are common knowledge. Now if you’re afraid of reality, no need to come back.

It seems FR plumb ran out of convincing arguments/evidences.

Back
Top Bottom