• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Ramps Up Obamacare Sabotage With Huge Cuts To Enrollment Programs

You just pushed that oxcart.

On the contrary, I agree that Obamacare has some inherent flaws. The problem now is, the GOP lacks the political will and/or the functional ingenuity to fix those flaws. Republicans also have been unable to craft a better healthcare act without incorporating many of the foundational principles found within the ACA. On top of that, only 17% of Americans approved of their previous dismal failures ... the GOP House AHCA and the GOP Senate BCRA.

With even stupider, more bitter supporters like the asshats here on DP who act like everything Trump does is amazeballs. The guy is a boob, a solid gold asshole who has no priorities other than appeasing his pig-ignorant base that represents the absolute worst America has to offer.

You're right, he is much like the last guy who didn't factor in that the program was going to be non affordable to the middle class.

Weren't we supposed to be saving $2500.00 a year according to that solid gold asshole boob......and keep our doctors?

No, because they are as bad as the Democrats, or al least enough of them are.

So you are admitting they are frauds...that's a start/

That's a pretty uniformed post, showing that you know very little about me. You are also trying to push the fallacy that if they haven't repealed it, then Obamacare must be great.

Anthony if I'm so uninformed how come you cant respond to my post and instead respond to something I didn't post. I pushed no fallacy about why they haven't repealed it. They simply cant come up with something better hence they lied. And we told you they were lying. And as an obedient conservative, instead of holding them accountable, you "misparaphrase" my post, post "post both sides do it" and then some inane babble. Case in point

So let's not pretend that's the case. Just because there are to many gutless Republicans, doesn't excuse the fact that all the Democrats are gutless. So don't come here talking about lies and justification when we've been saddled with healthcare that is built on Democrat lies.

If we pretend Obamacare is great then republicans are liars for trying to repeal it and democrats were courageous to pass it. see how you cant post a coherent thought. That's because you are determined to believe liars and ignore the facts. So until you can deal with actual facts in an honest and intelligent fashion, you should refrain from posting.

You're right, he is much like the last guy who didn't factor in that the program was going to be non affordable to the middle class.

Weren't we supposed to be saving $2500.00 a year according to that solid gold asshole boob......and keep our doctors?

No you weren't supposed to be saving 2500 a year and you could keep your doctor. President Obama campaigned on a single payer plan. He campaigned against the republican idea of mandates. When his plan died in congress instead of acting like a republican or a 6 year old by demanding his way or no way, he compromised on the republican plan of mandates. He was even called a flip flopper for doing that. Your conservative masters really didn't want you to know any actual facts because they wanted people like you to continue to push the "I didn't save 2500 a year" narrative. And they didn't want you to try to think for yourself by thinking "hey, republicans came up with the idea of mandates and supported them for 20 years, why did they magically stop when President Obama compromised on them?"

And the "keep your doctor" narrative is laughably false. you simply have to choose a plan he or she accepts. Rn, its been 8 years. At some point you have to let go of the lies and accept the truth.

No you weren't supposed to be saving 2500 a year and you could keep your doctor. President Obama campaigned on a single payer plan. He campaigned against the republican idea of mandates. When his plan died in congress instead of acting like a republican or a 6 year old by demanding his way or no way, he compromised on the republican plan of mandates. He was even called a flip flopper for doing that. Your conservative masters really didn't want you to know any actual facts because they wanted people like you to continue to push the "I didn't save 2500 a year" narrative. And they didn't want you to try to think for yourself by thinking "hey, republicans came up with the idea of mandates and supported them for 20 years, why did they magically stop when President Obama compromised on them?"

And the "keep your doctor" narrative is laughably false. you simply have to choose a plan he or she accepts. Rn, its been 8 years. At some point you have to let go of the lies and accept the truth.

its been 8 years vern.. at some point you have to let go of the lies and accept the truth.

you can keep your doctor and you can keep your insurance plan.. were lies.

its been 8 years vern.. at some point you have to let go of the lies and accept the truth.

Oh jaeger, still desperate to finally "stick it to vern" I see. Its just not a "good look" on someone who claims to be a doctor. anyhoo, "keep your doctor" only required you to find out what plan your doctor accepted. Please explain how that shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. thanks in advance.

And jaeger, to keep from giving you an easy excuse to avoid explaining your opinion, I've dealt with the "keep your plan" narrative many times. Just focus on explaining how finding out what plan your doctor accepted before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. again, thanks in advance.

Oh jaeger, still desperate to finally "stick it to vern" I see. Its just not a "good look" on someone who claims to be a doctor. anyhoo, "keep your doctor" only required you to find out what plan your doctor accepted. Please explain how that shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. thanks in advance.

And jaeger, to keep from giving you an easy excuse to avoid explaining your opinion, I've dealt with the "keep your plan" narrative many times. Just focus on explaining how finding out what plan your doctor accepted before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. again, thanks in advance.

Facts are facts vern.

I lost patients because their original plan was canceled because of obamacare.. and none of the plans they could afford under Obamacare had me as a preferred provider.

And that's even when I TRIED to be a preferred provider for those plans...

But here you go vern.. explain why FactCheck.org has got it wrong.

That’s why we listed Obama’s “you can keep your plan” refrain as one of the health care “whoppers” in 2010, one of the “Whoppers of 2012” and — just last month — one of several “Obamacare Myths.

Reality Confronts Obama's False Promise - FactCheck.org

Here's what happened. Insurance companies -- to save money -- are quietly selling what are called "narrow networks." They sharply restrict the number of doctors and hospitals people can see. In some cases, people may be limited to 30 percent or less of the doctors and hospitals nearby.

Jerry Flanagan, lead attorney for the Consumer Watchdog group in California, says hundreds of thousands of people lost their doctors when insurers sold narrow networks without notice.

"Consumers here were told that networks are going to be the same as they were before Obamacare ... and those are flat out lies," Flanagan said

Last edited:
Facts are facts vern.

I lost patients because their original plan was canceled because of obamacare.. and none of the plans they could afford under Obamacare had me as a preferred provider.

And that's even when I TRIED to be a preferred provider for those plans...

jaeger, moving the goalposts to "plans they could afford" does not address how finding out what plan your doctor accepts before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. I realize you wont be able to understand my post so ask a trusted friend or relative to explain it to you. And don't think I believe your "anecdotes" because I've seen you post words simply because you wish they were true. Just focus on explaining how finding out what plan your doctor accepts before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie.

Not a start for me, maybe you. Or is it? Still believe Democrats are looking out for our best interests?

not necessarily.

Both parties are fraudulent.

jaeger, moving the goalposts to "plans they could afford" does not address how finding out what plan your doctor accepts before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. I realize you wont be able to understand my post so ask a trusted friend or relative to explain it to you. And don't think I believe your "anecdotes" because I've seen you post words simply because you wish they were true. Just focus on explaining how finding out what plan your doctor accepts before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie.

No Vern.. your the one moving the goal posts.

The original line was.." you can keep your plan.. and you can keep your doctor."

Now.. you are like.. well.. "so your plan got cancelled and your doctor would not accept your new plan"..."but but but if you were employed by a company that did have good insurance or if you could afford a more expensive plan then you might be able to find a plan that your doctor would accept".

you moved the goal posts.

the original line... "you can keep your plan" Was a lie.. many plans were cancelled because they did not meet obamacare guidelines.

The original line "you can keep your doctor" was also a lie ,, because when plans were cancelled and people went to a plan they could afford (which was what they had in the first place).. their doctor was not on that plan.

Those are facts. no amount of your twisting and shouting and running around with the goal posts in your arms is going to change those facts vern.

He needs to work faster. I can't afford "affordable care" health insurance.

Wait until Cassidy-Graham gets your healthcare. You'll be lucky to afford a generic aspirin. (prescription drug coverage not mandated)

Wait until Cassidy-Graham gets your healthcare. You'll be lucky to afford a generic aspirin. (prescription drug coverage not mandated)

The mandates are a large reason for the increases in the costs of insurance. I'd rather have no mandates at all.

To be clear, Lindsey Graham is not a person I'd elect to control my health care. I don't elect people for that.

Last edited:
The mandates are a large reason for the increases in the costs of insurance. I'd rather have no mandates at all.

Mandates will be dictated by your state, so you can kiss the Federal/ACA 10 essential-health-benefits mandate goodbye. Preexisting conditions need not apply. You'll also have an arbitrary lifetime-cap on benefits.

Since 34 states will be receiving less money under the Cassidy-Graham block-grants, the corresponding piece of your healthcare pie will shrink accordingly. No mandated prescription coverage.

Better pray you and yours never need radiation treatments, or cardio surgery, or weekly dialysis, or nuclear imaging, or rehabilitative care, or....

I don't know what it is jaeger, you seem like an intelligent and thoughtful poster when you're not flailing at me. But when I'm involved its a "Dr Jaeger Mr Hyde" kinda thing. One of the things Mr Hyde does is try to massage what you said. Case in point

The original line was.." you can keep your plan.. and you can keep your doctor."

Here's the original line

Its not your most blatantly dishonest "massage" but its a massage nonetheless. I'm addressing your lying conservative "you can keep your doctor" narrative. Dr Jaeger realized that one simply had to find a plan your doctor accepted. But Mr Hyde would have none of it hence your "massage". Another thing Mr Hyde does is post incoherent babble. For some reason you're babbling about employer plans.

Now.. you are like.. well.. "so your plan got cancelled and your doctor would not accept your new plan"..."but but but if you were employed by a company that did have good insurance or if you could afford a more expensive plan then you might be able to find a plan that your doctor would accept".

that's just you posting words trying to obfuscate the point I made. You do that a lot. And Dr Jaeger, you can always tell when Mr Hyde is posting, he does the double space random blurt thing. so again, I ask how is finding out what plan your doctor accepts before picking a plan shows "keep your doctor" was a lie. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mandates will be dictated by your state, so you can kiss the Federal/ACA 10 essential-health-benefits mandate goodbye. Preexisting conditions need not apply.

I'm not too happy about state mandates either, but that's better than federal mandates. Preexisting conditions should not apply for health insurance. That's not what insurance is for.

Since 34 states will be receiving less money under the Cassidy-Graham block-grants, the corresponding piece of your healthcare pie will shrink accordingly. No mandated prescription coverage.

Better pray you and yours never need radiation treatments, or cardio surgery, or weekly dialysis, or nuclear imaging, or rehabilitative care, or....

I'm not interested in Cassidy-Graham. I'm interested in them hitting delete on federal health care policy altogether. Reform medicare and Medicaid if you want to help poor people. Leave everyone else alone.

Preexisting conditions should not apply for health insurance. That's not what insurance is for.

So people with preexisting conditions should either (1) be refused healthcare (2) perish (3) go into medical bankruptcy?

I'm not too happy about state mandates either, but that's better than federal mandates. Preexisting conditions should not apply for health insurance. That's not what insurance is for.

I'm not interested in Cassidy-Graham. I'm interested in them hitting delete on federal health care policy altogether. Reform medicare and Medicaid if you want to help poor people. Leave everyone else alone.

Well at least you’re honest about not caring for people with pre-existing conditions.* But hitting “delete” takes away healthcare from 20 million people.* why do you think your ideology is more important than 20 million people gaining healthcare, lower health care costs for employers, improved quality of care and a lower deficit?* It just seems you’re ignoring the benefits of Obamacare to cling to your ideology.*

So people with preexisting conditions should either (1) be refused healthcare (2) perish (3) go into medical bankruptcy?

If you want to make a safety net, make a safety. Stop trying to catch everyone in it.

Well at least you’re honest about not caring for people with pre-existing conditions.* But hitting “delete” takes away healthcare from 20 million people.* why do you think your ideology is more important than 20 million people gaining healthcare, lower health care costs for employers, improved quality of care and a lower deficit?* It just seems you’re ignoring the benefits of Obamacare to cling to your ideology.*

You assume I don't care. That's because you are bigoted. The "benefit" of Obamacare for me was to lose my affordable health insurance. There are more than 20 million people in a similar situation. Shall I assume you don't care about them? It seems you're ignoring the destruction wrought by your feelings. None of what you've just said is remotely related to the truth. Millions have lost affordable health insurance. Health care costs for employers have skyrocketed, so much so that my employer no longer pays for their employees insurance. Quality of care is not better and access to that care is worse. At some point, you may want to consider that you have been lied to.

You assume I don't care. That's because you are bigoted.
My apologies, that's just how I interpreted your statement. If you do care then you obviously don't understand what "pre-existing condition" means. I have to assume you meant "existing condition is not what insurance is for". Just so you know, some people couldn't buy healthcare because they had acne and things like that.

The "benefit" of Obamacare for me was to lose my affordable health insurance.

I don't believe you.

There are more than 20 million people in a similar situation.

and this only makes it easier to not believe you. You are simply not understanding what you are posting.

Shall I assume you don't care about them? It seems you're ignoring the destruction wrought by your feelings. None of what you've just said is remotely related to the truth. Millions have lost affordable health insurance. Health care costs for employers have skyrocketed, so much so that my employer no longer pays for their employees insurance. Quality of care is not better and access to that care is worse. At some point, you may want to consider that you have been lied to.

and this is where you prove you dont know what you are posting. FR, maybe you're really an honest person but just majorly confused but nothing you're posting is true. Maybe you should educate yourself about healthcare in general and Obamacare specifically before you continue posting. Here's me disproving "health care costs for employers have skyrocketed". Again, this is me disproving that.

This year’s low family premium increase is similar to last year’s (4%) and reflects a significant slowdown over the past 15 years. Since 2011, average family premiums have increased 20 percent, more slowly than the previous five years (31% increase from 2006 and 2011) and more slowly than the five years before that (63% from 2001 to 2006).

Average Annual Workplace Family Health Premiums Rise Modest 3% to $18,142 in 2016;*More Workers Enroll in High-Deductible Plans With Savings Option Over Past Two Years | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

there's a nice graph in the link showing healthcare costs, inflation and worker earnings. And fyi, quality and access has improved. So FR, if you're an honest person I'm just going to assume your employer lied to you about why he cancelled your employer sponsored healthcare.

Back
Top Bottom