• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump questions Clinton’s religion

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump questions Clinton’s religion | TheHill

Donald Trump questioned Hillary Clinton’s commitment to her Christian faith on Tuesday, saying that little is known about her spiritual life even though she’s been in the public eye for decades.

Speaking to a group of top social conservative evangelical Christian leaders at a gathering in New York City, Trump said, “we don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion.”

“Now, she's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's no — there's nothing out there,” Trump said. “There's like nothing out there. It's going to be an extension of Obama but it's going to be worse, because with Obama you had your guard up. With Hillary you don't, and it's going to be worse.”

The meeting was closed to the press but E.W. Webb, a faith leader on hand for the event, posted video of the remarks.

How low can Trump get........

He of all people to question the Christian faith of someone............Who does he think he is?

And this from someone who has said he never has needed to ask God for forgiveness.......

Isn't that what the Devil said to God?

The Donald is a class act.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care about Hillary's religious beliefs.

Not that much of a concern for me.

Seems like a topic The Donald should avoid, but hey the more he talks the more he exposes himself.

he probably went up a couple more points with his base.
Seems like a topic The Donald should avoid, but hey the more he talks the more he exposes himself.

he probably went up a couple more points with his base.
Not sure how, his base are already owned by him and there is a limited number of those that can be included in the group. This election is an embarrassment for the Entire Nation.

Trump questions Clinton’s religion | TheHill

Donald Trump questioned Hillary Clinton’s commitment to her Christian faith on Tuesday, saying that little is known about her spiritual life even though she’s been in the public eye for decades.

Speaking to a group of top social conservative evangelical Christian leaders at a gathering in New York City, Trump said, “we don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion.”

“Now, she's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's no — there's nothing out there,” Trump said. “There's like nothing out there. It's going to be an extension of Obama but it's going to be worse, because with Obama you had your guard up. With Hillary you don't, and it's going to be worse.”

The meeting was closed to the press but E.W. Webb, a faith leader on hand for the event, posted video of the remarks.

How low can Trump get........

He of all people to question the Christian faith of someone............Who does he think he is?

And this from someone who has said he never has needed to ask God for forgiveness.......

Isn't that what the Devil said to God?

I bitched about it when the Pope went after Trump for his religion. This is no less ****ed up. Leave people's faith, what you think of it, what you think real people of that faith should be, leave all that out of the discussion. Totally low class move.

I bitched about it when the Pope went after Trump for his religion. This is no less ****ed up. Leave people's faith, what you think of it, what you think real people of that faith should be, leave all that out of the discussion. Totally low class move.

It's pretty ironic coming from Drump. Does he strike ANYONE as religious?

Are either of those two actually religious? Not that I give two damns how pious anyone is, but this election campaign hasn't exactly been this huge Christ-off. For once.

It's pretty ironic coming from Drump. Does he strike ANYONE as religious?

Yeah, I'm thinking everyone (but Trump's supporters) all had the same exact thought.

People, including the media, are talking about it...and about him again.

That's what he wants.

He'd call her an alien from another star system if it would get him what he craves.

So sad that religion is used as a Presidential qualifier ...

Trump just throws "stuff" against the wall to see what will stick, sometime it bounces back on him but his fan club members simply ignore it like so many other things that reflect badly on the donald.

Trump just throws "stuff" against the wall to see what will stick, sometime it bounces back on him but his fan club members simply ignore it like so many other things that reflect badly on the donald.
True.

But it sucks that religion seems to be an issue (at least for some).

People, including the media, are talking about it...and about him again.

That's what he wants.

He'd call her an alien from another star system if it would get him what he craves.

Exactly.

He doesn't care about her religion, or his. All he cares about is attention.

I find it amusing that the left will talk about how some right-wing politician isn't living up to their religious conviction, but when someone from the right hits them with the same tactics suddenly it's a bad thing to do.

If nothing else, Trump is exposing the left's hypocrisy for all to see.

True.

But it sucks that religion seems to be an issue (at least for some).
It matters to some, means nothing to me except when one candidate wants to claim superior beliefs, especially when it is well know that he has little to none when it comes to beliefs.

I find it amusing that the left will talk about how some right-wing politician isn't living up to their religious conviction, but when someone from the right hits them with the same tactics suddenly it's a bad thing to do.

Spoken like a blind partisan. Perhaps you might benefit from looking up the word hypocrisy.

Donald Trump is the MICHEAL jackson of politics!!! He's in the "Thriller" phase!

His act is getting to be old hat and by November most will simply shake their heads in disgust when he speaks, he is his own worst enemy.

Trump looks like 'the right' to you? Hell, Clinton looks more right-wing than Trump, to me.

I think I heard somewhere yesterday Trump has gotten 13 million votes in the primaries. I think it said he would need 54 to win the presidency. Ya don't think there is a chance, do you?

It matters to some, means nothing to me except when one candidate wants to claim superior beliefs, especially when it is well know that he has little to none when it comes to beliefs.
Yeah - I'm a cradle Catholic with a priest in my immediate family, but when it comes to governance I believe we should leave religion at the door ...

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care about Hillary's religious beliefs.

Not that much of a concern for me.

Or the Donald's.

The only time I get concerned with a candidate's religion is when they declare religion comes first or that only their religion is qualified to be president.

Methinks you need to look up the definition of "hypocrisy."

Back
Top Bottom