• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump questions Clinton’s religion

Trump seems to be projecting a shopping list of his defects onto her. Is he trying to lose?

Trump questions Clinton’s religion | TheHill

Donald Trump questioned Hillary Clinton’s commitment to her Christian faith on Tuesday, saying that little is known about her spiritual life even though she’s been in the public eye for decades.

Speaking to a group of top social conservative evangelical Christian leaders at a gathering in New York City, Trump said, “we don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion.”

“Now, she's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's no — there's nothing out there,” Trump said. “There's like nothing out there. It's going to be an extension of Obama but it's going to be worse, because with Obama you had your guard up. With Hillary you don't, and it's going to be worse.”

The meeting was closed to the press but E.W. Webb, a faith leader on hand for the event, posted video of the remarks.

How low can Trump get........

He of all people to question the Christian faith of someone............Who does he think he is?

And this from someone who has said he never has needed to ask God for forgiveness.......

Isn't that what the Devil said to God?

I question her religion as well. Bill's too. I do recall that on the occasions where the Clinton's went to church during his two terms, it appeared to be for show. He carried a massively oversized bible, bigger then any bible I have ever seen anyone carry into church.

It's pretty ironic coming from Drump. Does he strike ANYONE as religious?

Too early to say. I mostly ignored him until he ran for president. I have no idea what his church habits are.

Too bad so many on the left use Roe Vs Wade as a Presidential qualifier.
That's a bitter and dark issue, but I still see it as far different than a Presidential religious test.

I think I heard somewhere yesterday Trump has gotten 13 million votes in the primaries. I think it said he would need 54 to win the presidency. Ya don't think there is a chance, do you?

Who knows? You have to keep in mind that he ran against 16 other candidates and the GOP vote was split. Despite that, he still managed to get more votes then any previous republican nominee. A decent chunk of those who voted against him in the primary(I am sitting this one out) will vote for him in November. He is not going to be limited to 13 million votes.

His act is getting to be old hat and by November most will simply shake their heads in disgust when he speaks, he is his own worst enemy.

That was the narrative all during the primary season. I very much dislike Trump, however I would not underestimate him. If he can avoid stepping on his tongue too much, he could win. Hillary is damaged goods.

That's a bitter and dark issue, but I still see it as far different than a Presidential religious test.

I don't. Both sides have some litmus tests. The majority of Americans are religious at some level.

That was the narrative all during the primary season. I very much dislike Trump, however I would not underestimate him. If he can avoid stepping on his tongue too much, he could win. Hillary is damaged goods.

The problem is that is a Huge IF, not going to happen. I support neither.

Trump seems to be projecting a shopping list of his defects onto her. Is he trying to lose?

I've come to think he may be. Was his campaign just an elaborate publicity stunt in the first place? Did he run for notoriety and to make money? It's beginning to look that way.

Trump looks like 'the right' to you? Hell, Clinton looks more right-wing than Trump, to me.

shrug...

Trump IS a Republican, after all. But hey...you can go ahead and quibble if it makes you feel better and allows you to avoid addressing my point.

Spoken like a blind partisan. Perhaps you might benefit from looking up the word hypocrisy.

Methinks you need to look up the definition of "hypocrisy."

I am well aware of the definition of the word...and I used it correctly. If you disagree, make your case.

Donald Trump questioned Hillary Clinton’s commitment to her Christian faith on Tuesday, saying that little is known about her spiritual life even though she’s been in the public eye for decades.

Speaking to a group of top social conservative evangelical Christian leaders at a gathering in New York City, Trump said, “we don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion.”

“Now, she's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's no — there's nothing out there,” Trump said. “There's like nothing out there. It's going to be an extension of Obama but it's going to be worse, because with Obama you had your guard up. With Hillary you don't, and it's going to be worse.”

The meeting was closed to the press but E.W. Webb, a faith leader on hand for the event, posted video of the remarks.

He of all people to question the Christian faith of someone............Who does he think he is?

And this from someone who has said he never has needed to ask God for forgiveness.......

Which is worse, a materialist who says they are a materialist or a materialist who says they have Religion?

shrug...

Trump IS a Republican, after all. But hey...you can go ahead and quibble if it makes you feel better and allows you to avoid addressing my point.

I am well aware of the definition of the word...and I used it correctly. If you disagree, make your case.

We don't actually care who is Christier than the other. That's a religious conservative thing, not ours. However, you can't expect us not to take note of the fact that Trump has not exhibited any religious behavior publicly. And while that may be a positive, that really doesn't put him in any special position to criticize Clinton's lack of public Christiness. In fact, if they're both religious, they've both been equally private about it. That you think this observation makes us hypocritical stretches the meaning of the word to places it was never meant to be taken.

It's ironic considering he has been in the public for years, and I don't even think he is a practicing Christian. What is he... Catholic, Baptist? IDK... This is a really stupid attack.

Seems like a topic The Donald should avoid, but hey the more he talks the more he exposes himself.

He has talked about his penis size, but has stopped short of actually exposing himself thus far.... :lamo

It's ironic considering he has been in the public for years, and I don't even think he is a practicing Christian. What is he... Catholic, Baptist? IDK... This is a really stupid attack.

Google says he's presbyterian. The most publicly religious thing he seems to have expressed was during one interview a bunch of years ago in which he claimed to collect bibles.

We don't actually care who is Christier than the other. That's a religious conservative thing, not ours. However, you can't expect us not to take note of the fact that Trump has not exhibited any religious behavior publicly. And while that may be a positive, that really doesn't put him in any special position to criticize Clinton's lack of public Christiness. In fact, if they're both religious, they've both been equally private about it. That you think this observation makes us hypocritical stretches the meaning of the word to places it was never meant to be taken.

I see. So it is you who doesn't understand the meaning of hypocrisy.

Look, I don't care if either side uses religion as a weapon against the other, though it is clear they both do. My point is the left is outraged that Trump would do so, while forgetting...or, more exactly, ignoring...the fact that they also do so.

THAT is how the left is being hypocritical.

I think I heard somewhere yesterday Trump has gotten 13 million votes in the primaries. I think it said he would need 54 to win the presidency. Ya don't think there is a chance, do you?

Obama won in 2012 getting 65 million votes.........

It's pretty ironic coming from Drump. Does he strike ANYONE as religious?

It is no less ****ed up to question Trump's religion(as you just did), than to question Clinton's.

I see. So it is you who doesn't understand the meaning of hypocrisy.

Look, I don't care if either side uses religion as a weapon against the other, though it is clear they both do. My point is the left is outraged that Trump would do so, while forgetting...or, more exactly, ignoring...the fact that they also do so.

THAT is how the left is being hypocritical.

When did Clinton attack Trump for not being religious enough?

shrug...

Just making an observation. But while we're on this page, did you never hear of liberal Republicans, or conservative Democrats? Not so long ago the Republican Party had a strong Eastern contingent of liberals. Similar (but not the same) to the Southern conservatives in the Democratic Party.

I am well aware of the definition of the word...and I used it correctly. If you disagree, make your case.[/QUOTE]

DING.....DING........DING..........

You just won...........and was 100% right by identifying one of Karl Rove's dirty tricks way to win an election.......

Call your opponent out for being guilty of the same flaws you have.......

One's opponent is left with trying to prove a "No I'm not" which of course cannot be done

Example: GWB has a questionable record of his military service.........

John Kerry was a 'nam decorated hero and had a distinguish record of service to his country

Remember what Rove did to Kerry...................He swift boated him..........with little mention of Bush's military service.........

This is the same tactic Trump is using against HRC

Now Trump may find this very difficult to do because the networks have begun to do Real Time Fact Checking exposing and lies and distortions at the same time ...........

But today was the first day of Trump 2.0.......................and the difference between yesterday and today is .............use of a teleprompter :lamo

I question her religion as well. Bill's too. I do recall that on the occasions where the Clinton's went to church during his two terms, it appeared to be for show. He carried a massively oversized bible, bigger then any bible I have ever seen anyone carry into church.

The Bible President Obama carries is the Bible of the United States.............and has been so as since the drafting of the Constitution of the United States.............Are you now blushing in embarrassment?

Trump claims he is a Presbyterian

Back
Top Bottom