• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump puts Bannon on security council, dropping joint chiefs

LOL You do know that eventually Trump will put down his pen and will need Congressional approval for something don't you? When that happens Congress members take into account what the Presidents approval is when deciding if they want to go down with his ship when they are up for re-election. Trumps rating will be key as to whether he can get what he wants thru Congress. And a President needing Congress IS in the Constitution. You seem to be forgetting that and think Trump is King....he is not a king.. He will soon be an Emperor without clothes though.

OHHH - the Obama-bot AMNESIA is on full display! :x

It's barely been a week since the "savior" left office, and already everything about him has evaporated from memory -- like his tendency to use Executive Orders for everything! The hypocritical chutzpah is amazing!

The Stupid - it burns.:screwy

It's barely been a week since the "savior" left office, and already everything about him has evaporated from memory -- like his tendency to use Executive Orders for everything! The hypocritical chutzpah is amazing!

Not all executive orders are created equal.

That sounds simplistic, but the point is that it's not the number written, it's what they try to do that matters.

Personally, I disagreed with many of the things Obama did, or the way he went about them. The same is true of Trump.

Well...For one, it appears that President Trump has decided he doesn't need the advice of the heads of all our military forces and intelligence organization in all his national security council meetings.
For another, he has decided that Steve Bannon, his Chief Strategist, the former head of the news organization Breitbart News, DOES have relevant advice in all said meetings.

This action might make one wonder what the hell he needs to discuss involving national security that he doesn't want our military or intelligence organizations to know about.

Or why it appears he thinks the military and intelligence organizations are not relevant to all national security discussions.

Or why it appears he thinks Steve Bannon is qualified to advise on national security, and IS relevant to all national security discussions.

I don't see it that way. The joints will still attend the major meetings (I don't remember the correct term), but will attend the higher meeting (Principal) when the issue being discussed is within their field of expertise. At least that's the way I understand it.

Bannon is a successful businessman. Trump is a successful businessman. Both have run major corporations in many fields. Iacocca once said that given a choice he'd rather hire a businessman with no expertise in the field over an expert in the field with no leadership experience. Both I and President Trump agree with that premise. Experts in the field can always be hired for their expertise.

One thing for certain. President Trump will not be doing business because we've always done it that way. OHTH, it's been decades since we've had a leader in the White House. Time will tell.

I don't see it that way. The joints will still attend the major meetings (I don't remember the correct term), but will attend the higher meeting (Principal) when the issue being discussed is within their field of expertise. At least that's the way I understand it.

Bannon is a successful businessman. Trump is a successful businessman. Both have run major corporations in many fields. Iacocca once said that given a choice he'd rather hire a businessman with no expertise in the field over an expert in the field with no leadership experience. Both I and President Trump agree with that premise. Experts in the field can always be hired for their expertise.

One thing for certain. President Trump will not be doing business because we've always done it that way. OHTH, it's been decades since we've had a leader in the White House. Time will tell.
I am still unconvinced that Trump is a leader.

I have suspicions that he is at least as much a puppet as Obama was and Clinton would have been.

I am still unconvinced that Trump is a leader.

I have suspicions that he is at least as much a puppet as Obama was and Clinton would have been.

I think the Russian puppet thing is vastly overblown and just not true. Assuming Putin did think he could install his own US President, it would not have been President Trump. That Hillary can be bought is a given and I'm not saying she would have been the choice. President Trump is a leader. You don't own hundreds of large companies and increase your wealth by a factor of 10 by not being a leader.

I think the Russian puppet thing is vastly overblown and just not true. Assuming Putin did think he could install his own US President, it would not have been President Trump. That Hillary can be bought is a given and I'm not saying she would have been the choice. President Trump is a leader. You don't own hundreds of large companies and increase your wealth by a factor of 10 by not being a leader.

I don't think he's a Russian puppet. I think he's a puppet of the corporations, just like Obama was, Bush 2 was, and just like basically the entire congress is.

Hell, even more so, because he has investments in various corporations that are directly affected by his decisions.

For example the DAPL pipeline.

I don't think he's a Russian puppet. I think he's a puppet of the corporations, just like Obama was, Bush 2 was, and just like basically the entire congress is.

Hell, even more so, because he has investments in various corporations that are directly affected by his decisions.

For example the DAPL pipeline.

I don't. I can't see President Trump being anybodies person except himself.

President Trump has investments in everything. If anything, his Presidency will reduce, not enhance, his business prospects.

Every news agency and every LW conspiracy theorist will be looking over his shoulder mking sure he has the right ink in the pen.

I guess leftists forgot Axelrod sat in on these meetings as well.

David Axelrod: I woke up this morning as an alternative fact - CNN.com

As a senior adviser to President Obama in 2009, I had the opportunity to witness the fateful deliberations of his National Security Council Principals committee over the strategy the U.S would pursue in the war with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I was not a member of the committee. I did not speak or participate. I sat on the sidelines as a silent observer with Gibbs because we would be called upon to publicly discuss the president's decision on that critical matter and the process by which he arrived at it.
We knew our presence chagrined some of the principals but, acting on the president's instructions, we were there to gain a thorough understanding of what would be one of the most important judgments he would make as commander-in-chief.
Our access also came with limits. We were barred from some of the most sensitive meetings on the Afghanistan-Pakistan policy review so as not to inhibit discussions.
Beyond that, Gibbs and I did not attend regular meetings of the NSC Principals committee or their deputies nor were we invited to weekly meetings on terrorist threats.

Alt-facts strike again, lol.

Well your messiah has taken over the spotlight. And unlike Obama, he doesn't have anyone review any of his EO's. Just throws them out there and wonders why they don't work so he follows up with temper tantrums.

Then get some salve and an education.

Not all executive orders are created equal.

That sounds simplistic, but the point is that it's not the number written, it's what they try to do that matters.

Personally, I disagreed with many of the things Obama did, or the way he went about them. The same is true of Trump.

I don't see anything from you or the other Obama-bots which has shown your disagreement with him.

Obama used Executive Orders to run roughshod over the opposition, casually dismissing the opposition as not worth working out compromise with.
Obama has discarded and trampled over a lot of institutions and customs of the presidency, to its detriment - he couldn't even lame duck properly, and bow out from office quietly and gracefully. Instead, he was throwing his own tantrums until the very end.

Well your messiah has taken over the spotlight. And unlike Obama, he doesn't have anyone review any of his EO's. Just throws them out there and wonders why they don't work so he follows up with temper tantrums.

His "tantrums" are communication with the people, to remind and explain to them his views on things. I'm totally fine with Trump tweeting, rather than relying on the lame-brain media to spin-doctor everything according to their narrow ideology.

Then get some salve and an education.

I have an education - from a good engineering school, actually - but I'm not sure what your educational background is.

I don't see anything from you or the other Obama-bots which has shown your disagreement with him.
You assume much. I told you I disagreed with Obama on many things, whether you believe me or not is your decision.

Obama used Executive Orders to run roughshod over the opposition, casually dismissing the opposition as not worth working out compromise with.
And Trump is doing the same.
Obama has discarded and trampled over a lot of institutions and customs of the presidency, to its detriment - he couldn't even lame duck properly, and bow out from office quietly and gracefully. Instead, he was throwing his own tantrums until the very end.
That's an interesting take on things.

His "tantrums" are communication with the people, to remind and explain to them his views on things. I'm totally fine with Trump tweeting, rather than relying on the lame-brain media to spin-doctor everything according to their narrow ideology.

I have an education - from a good engineering school, actually - but I'm not sure what your educational background is.

I have none. I dropped out in kindergarten. Which begs the explanation of why you are getting schooled in this thread. hrrrmmmmm...

Well, you're welcome to bitch about it, that's for sure. I certainly complained about the vile crowd of people like Valerie Jarret, and Eric Holder, Obama surrounded himself with.

At the end of the day, who cares what we think?
The President gets to pick who he wants to pick.

And every four years the American voters get to pick who lives in the White House.

:lol:

It didn't take by 20 posts before the thread went Godwin. Congratulations!

You're dismissal v Godwin would be swell if it were not for the fact that Godwin said it's ok to compare trump to nazi's...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...t-youre-talking-about/?utm_term=.03c5e5abf6d3

And even admired this article doing so...

Is Donald Trump a fascist? - CNN.com

At some point there will be a law, called Trump's Law, where Nazi's will use Godwin's Law to defend Nazi behaviour. I'm sure we are close to that point. Appointing a propagandist to the NSC, while doesn't seem like a big deal, it is. And it has nothing to do with qualifications, its' a big deal because it says Trump is going to do some messed up things and needs his spinadvisor to be right there when he's deciding how far to go. That's a hitler move straight from Meinkampf. And the more he can convince you guys it's necessary at the time, the more you'll let him get away with. Muslim bans today, concentration camps next year. And you'll be citing Godwin's Law when when anyone compares US concentration Camps to Nazi's. I imagine Excon and Hawk will argue that our's are more sanitary and humane and a necessary evil and thus can't be like the Nazi's.

And every four years the American voters get to pick who lives in the White House.

:lol:

Well, yeah. Brilliant observation.

When do you think the 1/5th of the population who voted for Hillary will learn that?

Back
Top Bottom