• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump pulling troops from Syria

Being radical Sunni Muslim (ISIS) in Syria is not a good thing right now. ISIS, for example, will have to contend with the Russians, the Turks, Iran and Assad's regime.

This is not to say the civil war is over in Syria. Those different rival Muslim factions will fight it out for a lot longer. There will be continual streams of refugees from Syria after ISIS is quelled in Syria. I don't see the need for the US to continue to be in the middle of that mess.

Sounds like you agree that the Turks will cross the border and wipe out the Kurds. Glad to see some admission from the Right for how soulless the Right is in fact.

Lets just sell the Kurds down the river. Thats their reward for having bled side by side with us through this fight. Lets abandon them before we have attrited ISIS enough by claiming victory when in fact we have not been victorious. Further lets show the world how we treat allies that fight side by side with us and finally lets retreat behind the fantasy that we will not pay a heavy price for it eventually if not immediately.

Sounds like you agree that the Turks will cross the border and wipe out the Kurds. Glad to see some admission from the Right for how soulless the Right is in fact.

Lets just sell the Kurds down the river. Thats their reward for having bled side by side with us through this fight. Lets abandon them before we have attrited ISIS enough by claiming victory when in fact we have not been victorious. Further lets show the world how we treat allies that fight side by side with us and finally lets retreat behind the fantasy that we will not pay a heavy price for it eventually if not immediately.

I'm not a globalist like you. I don't have the need for the US to be involved in every military conflict.

I'm not a globalist like you. I don't have the need for the US to be involved in every military conflict.

Neither do I. But you are the King of the false narrative. You just passed by all of your DP competitors in that regard. You should be proud as there are others that provide stiff competition for the title.

Neither do I. But you are the King of the false narrative. You just passed by all of your DP competitors in that regard. You should be proud as there are others that provide stiff competition for the title.

You admit you are a globalist. See, you hate Trump, right there, for being a nationalist.

Just curious...who does this help more, Russia or Saudi Arabia? I know the Russians want this, but not sure if the Saudis have an opinion?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46623617

Trump says we have defeated ISIS in Syria so no reason to be there. Seems some experts disagree, but Trump must have seen something on Fox News about it so time to close up shop I guess.

What's your opinion on this move? I personally wish we'd get out of more countries, but not sure what this does to the rest of the world's power balance either. Perhaps nothing.

The only country getting out of Syria helps is the country smart enough to get out. That has been proven to true over and over again going back to when the Egyptians were building the pyramids. God even tried his hand at fixing the Middle East by flooding the earth but made the mistake of letting one family live and the fighting continues until this day. No one has been able to stop the fighting over their since the beginning of recorded history. Only an idiot would believe we can fix things over their in a couple of years. Maybe in 100 thousand years with luck and cooperation from the people living there. But unlikely.

The embodiment of Islamic Terror NOW is ISIS and/or the Taliban. We were/are in Syria to defeat ISIS which is not defeated. You guys make it just too easy.

Why should I give a damn how religious zealots treat each other on the other side of the planet? Why good young American men be sent to die for it? War is a racket.

If you're so concerned with the Kurds, why don't you have some sort of contractors like Blackwater guard them? Why not propose all Kurds emigrate to the US?

If you're so concerned with the Kurds, why don't you have some sort of contractors like Blackwater guard them? Why not propose all Kurds emigrate to the US?

Because neither is directed toward a solution to anything nor is either a policy initiative. But not having a direction or a policy is par for Donald's course.

He now only has a facade of an administration that is so completely befuddled by his own tweet storms that they are left shrugging their shoulders with an "I don't know". Trump has gone full blown Loony Tunes now.

Because neither is directed toward a solution to anything nor is either a policy initiative. But not having a direction or a policy is par for Donald's course.

He now only has a facade of an administration that is so completely befuddled by his own tweet storms that they are left shrugging their shoulders with an "I don't know". Trump has gone full blown Loony Tunes now.

The Kurds emigrating to the US is on par with your desire to protect the Kurds. Having private armies protect the Kurds in on par with your desires to protect the Kurds.

The Kurds emigrating to the US is on par with your desire to protect the Kurds. Having private armies protect the Kurds in on par with your desires to protect the Kurds.

Sorry...leaving the 2,200 hundred troops there was the only right move at this point in time.

Not only did Mattis not agree with drawing them down. The Commander on the ground is now making statements contradicting the President's position. I suppose Trump can fire him too and then complain more about being "all alone".

Sorry...leaving the 2,200 hundred troops there was the only right move at this point in time.

Not only did Mattis not agree with drawing them down. The Commander on the ground is now making statements contradicting the President's position. I suppose Trump can fire him too and then complain more about being "all alone".

Mattis would never have agreed to a pull out from Syria for the Kurds' sake. We would be in Syria forever. That's what you and Mattis wants.

EDIT: I guess Mattis (and you) want to change the goal of US troops in Syria from helping to destroy ISIS to protecting the Kurds. What will be the next US military's goal to continue to keep US troops in Syria? Protect Syrian refugees? Help me out, here, 'cause you want US troops in Syria indefinitely.

Last edited:
Mattis would never have agreed to a pull out from Syria for the Kurds' sake. We would be in Syria forever. That's what you and Mattis wants.

EDIT: I guess Mattis (and you) want to change the goal of US troops from helping to destroy ISIS in Syria to protecting the Kurds. What will be the next US military's goal be to continue to keep US troops indefinitely in Syria? Protect the refugees?

Thats an assumption from Mars or St Petersburg Russia not born out by anything that the Dept of Defense or anybody else with a brain has offered. Frankly it does not matter which to me any longer. Donald Duck has gone entirely around the bend now which is more concerning to me than what Martians or St Petersburg thinks Mattis would have done.

Thats an assumption from Mars or St Petersburg Russia not born out by anything that the Dept of Defense or anybody else with a brain has offered. Frankly it does not matter which to me any longer. Donald Duck has gone entirely around the bend now which is more concerning to me than what Martians or St Petersburg thinks Mattis would have done.
Yeah. You just take every opportunity to rag on Trump. Mebe your fav GOP will run against Trump in 2020? Mebe Romney?

Asking a professional soldier whether or not we should continue making war is very much like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

BOTH want the work, see? They are going to answer so that their own purposes are served.

Asking a professional soldier whether or not we should continue making war is very much like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

BOTH want the work, see? They are going to answer so that their own purposes are served.

Mattis was the civilian head of the Dept of Def chosen for that post by Trump. As I recall, Trump acknowledging that Military affairs were one area for certain that he simply did not grasp had stated publicly at the point of announcing him that he would leave these decisions to Mattis.

But of course Donald has no memory though he claims his memory is terrific and he lies like a rug, day in, day out, minute to minute...actually second to second.

Back
Top Bottom