• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump proven unfit for power again by Washington Examiner

Rant? If my civil statement was a rant, then your post was a stomping fit of rage!!!! 🤣

I say both need to be put to pasture, but in DJT's case one with bars around it. Even with an aging Biden, he still is doing fairly well with all that's going on with a tide of GOPers dead set against him. I've already shared my sentiments that the Dems should offer up a younger fresh face for 2024 just as I've stated that the Repubs need to offer up a younger and more decent candidate for 2024. Now that you're caught up, you're welcome. ;)
Your back-and-forth posts reminds me of those western movies from the 1930s.
The mob wants to rush into the jail and hang the prisoner who is scheduled to go on trial. The mob says, "We don't need no trial. We already know he's guilty."
Then the brave sheriff has to shoot a member of the threatening mob to enforce the law and have a real trial. We don't know how the trial ended. But supposedly the mob went along with a fair trial.
I doubt the Trump-hating mob wants to go through a trial to prove what the angry mob already knows.

Glad I am not a Trump hater.

If he is found legitimately suspect of criminal acts I want him afforded the best and same treatment from the justice system as I would receive for being suspected of the exact same crimes!

But I don't see him guilty of any criminal acts, yet, close, but we are not there yet.

The mob wants to rush into the jail and hang the prisoner who is scheduled to go on trial. The mob says, "We don't need no trial. We already know he's guilty."
Then the brave sheriff has to shoot a member of the threatening mob to enforce the law and have a real trial. We don't know how the trial ended. But supposedly the mob went along with a fair trial.
I doubt the Trump-hating mob wants to go through a trial to prove what the angry mob already knows.
It helps when some doesn't confuse the pursuit of justice as mob hating. There are also many proven or rightfully suspected criminals who gets off because of their high powered and well paid lawyers. Then there are presidents who pardons criminals. Yeah, we don't want to rush to judgement, now do we? ;)

It helps when some doesn't confuse the pursuit of justice as mob hating. There are also many proven or rightfully suspected criminals who gets off because of their high powered and well paid lawyers. Then there are presidents who pardons criminals. Yeah, we don't want to rush to judgement, now do we? ;)
The mass media rushes to judgment all the time.
Presidential pardons have resulted in alleged criminals escaping justice.
And well paid lawyers were responsible for letting OJ Simpson get away with murder. What else is new?
I would hate to think of how many citizens there are who are ready to put Trump in jail without a trial because they know, for sure, Trump is guilty of a lot of crimes.
Just like the mob carrying a rope outside the jail ready to hang a suspected criminal without a trial.

The mass media rushes to judgment all the time.
Presidential pardons have resulted in alleged criminals escaping justice.
And well paid lawyers were responsible for letting OJ Simpson get away with murder. What else is new?
I would hate to think of how many citizens there are who are ready to put Trump in jail without a trial because they know, for sure, Trump is guilty of a lot of crimes.
Just like the mob carrying a rope outside the jail ready to hang a suspected criminal without a trial.
Oh, I want DJT to have his day in court for many things. He's not the only one either.

Oh, I want DJT to have his day in court for many things. He's not the only one either.
You simply want to see him humiliated in front of the world.
As payback for what you believe he got away with.
I want to see him out of the news and out of presidential politics because he is a threat to the Republican Party.
My objective is more straightforward and practical than yours.

You simply want to see him humiliated in front of the world.
As payback for what you believe he got away with.
I want to see him out of the news and out of presidential politics because he is a threat to the Republican Party.
My objective is more straightforward and practical than yours.
What's more practical than serving justice and preserving Democracy? To do that doesn't disband the Republican Party. It may purge the party of its Trump turds. A good thing, yes?

What's more practical than serving justice and preserving Democracy? To do that doesn't disband the Republican Party. It may purge the party of its Trump turds. A good thing, yes?
Yes, it is a good thing. But I don't care if he goes to jail or not.
He is a threat to the GOP if he DOES NOT get indicted and shamed by a trial.
I would prefer if he just gets shamed and disappears from the stage altogether.
He needs to be prevented from running for office again.
And his allies should be shunned by both the GOP and the DEMs forever.

Also, I want Liz Cheney to be vindicated and resume a role in the GOP.

;)(y)
If one is going to wish then WISH BIG!!!

I appreciate your opinion and hope that you do mine. What is very important for the sake of our justice system and Democracy is to see DJT indicted, charged and tried - but not only him, but other higher ups who are either around him or in contact with him when it comes to the 1/6 Capitol assault.

Good response.

I appreciate your opinion and hope that you do mine. What is very important for the sake of our justice system and Democracy is to see DJT indicted, charged and tried - but not only him, but other higher ups who are either around him or in contact with him when it comes to the 1/6 Capitol assault.

Good response.
We are of the same mind.
That's why I applaud the courage of Cheney going forward.

We are of the same mind.
That's why I applaud the courage of Cheney going forward.
Good, because she is contemplating referring DJT to the DOJ.

... imagine that a case has been laid out where President Obama lost an election, and sought to maintain his power by getting his supporters to prove without evidence that he'd won, or literally called on a mass of people, and after directing them to a location they later attacked.

Republicans would be banning Black Panter movies, and begin trials on every person Obama ever met.

Now realize the first of these two things happened under Trump.

However in our reality people question whether Trump really did do something criminal.

😁

The filmmaker that got Trump's interview is not a psychiatrist and is not qualified to make a determination. There is also the fact Trump had the interview after he saw he wasn't getting his way and must have had this ploy preparing as consistent with everything going on to win. He was running the country, and his businesses at this date, and wasn't so delusional that anyone was bringing the diagnosis up.

All his confederates were around him plotting with him, doubt would have been so enthusiastic if they knew he was psychotic and would screw them. Trump was sane enough to function on most matters, but not this one? He should have known better and done, but saw insisting he was right as his out to continue to lie and get him off. After the government psychiatrists get a hold of him, they will so determine his fitness for trial. That is if he doesn't duck out of the country, as he said he could do when he lost the fight with the Big Lie. Finally, if Trump uses this defense at trial what does it say about his followers, and their competence including those running in 2024 for President with Trump's followers?

The following is from a letter to the Wall St.Journal on July 4th.
I did not write it but it expresses my feelings so well.
He does not deserve to lead this nation again.

Why Donald Trump Doesn’t Deserve My Vote -​

Not Even once​

The costs have risen.​

• First, his behavior in dealing with the election results in Georgia cost Republicans control of the Senate.
  • Second, his Jan. 6 behavior created an effective cudgel for Democrats to wield against Republicans, in some cases resulting in their defeat.
  • Third, while clearly more fit than President Biden, Mr. Trump’s age will hamper his level of performance.
  • Fourth, he bears significant responsibility for not being a uniter. If elected, he would exacerbate ideological chasms.
  • Fifth, the other candidates whom Mr. Opelka lists would all be more electable and superior performers.

Not impressed with the Examiner if it took them this long to figure out DJT was unfit. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE with brains knew it in 2015
Actually many intelligent people fell for his BS. I know people who IMO were not stupid, who tumbled for him. I still don't get it, but MAGA Kultists are not all idiots, on all subjects.

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

However, they do ask their readers to find a better Republican.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.

Nuts. Left-wing bs.

Republican Democrat.jpg

... imagine that a case has been laid out where President Obama lost an election, and sought to maintain his power by getting his supporters to prove without evidence that he'd won, or literally called on a mass of people, and after directing them to a location they later attacked.
Oh hell, if that would have been the case, I honestly feel that civil unrest/war would have broken out led by the militia Right.

The filmmaker that got Trump's interview is not a psychiatrist and is not qualified to make a determination. There is also the fact Trump had the interview after he saw he wasn't getting his way and must have had this ploy preparing as consistent with everything going on to win. He was running the country, and his businesses at this date, and wasn't so delusional that anyone was bringing the diagnosis up.

All his confederates were around him plotting with him, doubt would have been so enthusiastic if they knew he was psychotic and would screw them. Trump was sane enough to function on most matters, but not this one? He should have known better and done, but saw insisting he was right as his out to continue to lie and get him off. After the government psychiatrists get a hold of him, they will so determine his fitness for trial. That is if he doesn't duck out of the country, as he said he could do when he lost the fight with the Big Lie. Finally, if Trump uses this defense at trial what does it say about his followers, and their competence including those running in 2024 for President with Trump's followers?
Yup, pretty much DJT exhibiting pre-meditated unhingeness.

Actually many intelligent people fell for his BS. I know people who IMO were not stupid, who tumbled for him. I still don't get it, but MAGA Kultists are not all idiots, on all subjects.
They too also wanted a national takeover - with more corp tax breaks. imo

In addition to DeSantis, I like (regardless of the Progressive blowback):
Pence, Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Asa Hutchinson (Ark gov), and Liz Cheney.

DeSantis will be re-elected in FL and then leave to manage his 2024 campaign.

DeSantis has a tough skin and won't react like Trump when criticized.
What do you like about Pompeo?

What do you like about Pompeo?
He is strong, decisive, experienced, a West Point graduate, and is a straight talker unlike the bumbling president and annoying VP.

If you are, in fact, Lost in Seattle, then I suspect you asked the question because you are opposed to anyone supporting someone (a Republican) with extensive governmental and foreign policy experience.

Back
Top Bottom