• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump proven unfit for power again by Washington Examiner

When he can DeSantis prefers to use edicts. DeSantis is a BIG government politician who claims he is a small government guy. He is very similar to Trump but has a better vocabulary.
Pretty much this imo. DeS could be a little more smooth than DT, but possibly even more dangerous. How he hasn't been impeached for abusing first amendment rights is a sign of another set of cultists being enthralled.
Why does the supposed party of freedom have a love affair with authoritarian leaders?? Seems weird.

That's the sad part. Most decently intelligent people knew he was a total crook back in the 1980s and 1990s.

Oh the examiner knew it too. Frankly they had a helluva pain threshold: as many have pointed out, erratic behavior was a hallmark of his candidacy and presidency.. But like most cynical supporters of Trump, they've had to bow to the weight of evidence finally.

Now that just leaves the die-hard fanbois...

Pretty much this imo. DeS could be a little more smooth than DT, but possibly even more dangerous. How he hasn't been impeached for abusing first amendment rights is a sign of another set of cultists being enthralled.
Why does the supposed party of freedom have a love affair with authoritarian leaders?? Seems weird.
You are a centrist without a political affiliation?
If that is the case, then how can you already be comparing DeSantis to Trump?
Based on what? You don't like how he stood up to teachers wanting to teach K-3 kids about gender transformation? Or how he stood up to Disney supporting LGBTQ groups?
Or how he wants to go after human trafficking on our southern border?
Or how he chose not to give into masking and vaccine requirements?

What part of DeSantis don't you like?

Based on what? You don't like how he stood up to teachers wanting to teach K-3 kids about gender transformation? Or how he stood up to Disney supporting LGBTQ groups?
Tell us you're a bigot without telling us you're a bigot.

One doesn't need to 'stand up' to LGBTQ advocacy for chrissakes. Same for commonsense health measures. Jesus what a laugh.

As for the border, everyone wants to reduce human trafficking, not just Republicans. It's one of the strawiest of strawmen.

Tell us you're a bigot without telling us you're a bigot.

One doesn't need to 'stand up' to LGBTQ advocacy for chrissakes. Same for commonsense health measures. Jesus what a laugh.

As for the border, everyone wants to reduce human trafficking, not just Republicans. It's one of the strawiest of strawmen.
Ok, Ok. DeSantis won't count on you for a vote when he runs for president.

Nothing like replacing a skeezy authoritarian malignant narcissist with another skeezy authoritarian narcissist. :rolleyes:

In some ways, Desantis is much more dangerous. Trump already destroyed the castle walls; Desantis can takeover the castle.

You are a centrist without a political affiliation?
If that is the case, then how can you already be comparing DeSantis to Trump?

What part of DeSantis don't you like?
Imo, DeS abused his political power to infringe Disney's 1st amendment rights. Can't see how you can argue otherwise?? I'm not considering the morals of the case, just the process vs what I expect from a political leader. I would say the same if some Dem leader used their political position to infringe some companies commercial rights etc. The subject doesn't matter. It's the abuse of power that would disqualify a political leader for me.

When it comes to political leadership, allowing the 'ends to justify the means' is a very slippery slope.

In some ways, Desantis is much more dangerous. Trump already destroyed the castle walls; Desantis can takeover the castle.
Agreed. DeSantis won't blabber mouth any of his evil intentions nor run his mouth off at corndog rallies to excite his rabid followers. People will find out when they get up in the morning his latest national stinky dump. imo

Imo, DeS abused his political power to infringe Disney's 1st amendment rights. Can't see how you can argue otherwise?? I'm not considering the morals of the case, just the process vs what I expect from a political leader. I would say the same if some Dem leader used their political position to infringe some companies commercial rights etc. The subject doesn't matter. It's the abuse of power that would disqualify a political leader for me.

When it comes to political leadership, allowing the 'ends to justify the means' is a very slippery slope.

You wrote: "I would say the same if some Dem leader used their political position to infringe some companies commercial rights etc."

That's exactly how I feel about Biden turning on the oil producers and refiners as soon as he took office. He is using his political power to infringe on oil producers commercial rights. He is attacking the fossil fuel industry in order to accomplish a Progressive political goal. To Biden, the end (climate change) justifies the means (hobbling fossil fuel companies while encouraging them to produce more oil/gas).
Of course, climate change activists will naturally agree that in the interests of climate change, punishing oil producers is a logical means to an end.

January 20, 2021: One of Biden’s first actions was to revoke approval for the Keystone XL pipeline and impose a moratorium on oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters.
February 26, 2021: Biden updates the "social cost of greenhouse gas emissions," dramatically altering the way the U.S. government calculates the real-world costs of climate change.
June 1, 2021: Biden proposed eliminating a slew of tax benefits for oil, gas and coal producers in favor of electric vehicles and other low-carbon energy alternatives as part of his $6 trillion budget for the next fiscal year.
October 29, 2021: Biden and Democrats propose a "methane fee" in the proposed budget bill. The fee would start at $900 per ton in 2023 and increase to $1,500 in 2025.
November 17, 2021: Biden sent a letter to Federal Trade Commission Chair Lina Khan encouraging an investigation into oil and gas companies and retail gasoline prices. The move infuriated oil executives, who Biden portrayed as scapegoats for rising inflationary pressures on Americans.
March 21, 2022: Biden’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposes landmark climate rules. If finalized, the rules would fundamentally overhaul how publicly listed companies divulge detailed information about their climate risks and mitigation strategies

Agreed. DeSantis won't blabber mouth any of his evil intentions nor run his mouth off at corndog rallies to excite his rabid followers. People will find out when they get up in the morning his latest national stinky dump. imo
DeSantis popularity continues to be high in his home state.
He has not declared any intention to run for president.
But all of the GOP-haters are already lining up to condemn him.

If you are suggesting 'my messiah' is the failing Orange Man, I hope he loses every battle he fights.
I want him off the stage.
It is not ignorant of me to want Trump gone and DeSantis to lead the GOP.
If it was a General Election who would you choose:

The Dem- a total dirt bag with little integrity

The GOP-Liz Cheney

Just for fun😉

I would do what's right for the country, not the party

If it was a General Election who would you choose:

The Dem- a total dirt bag with little integrity

The GOP-Liz Cheney

Just for fun😉

I would do what's right for the country, not the party
Liz will not be the presidential nominee.
But she and DeSantis will make a winning team over any that is out there now.

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

However, they do ask their readers to find a better Republican.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.
I knew that Trump was a piece of shit way back when I was in high school in the early 90s and the guy was a Democrat back then. I do no understand why it is taking some people so long to figure him out.

Desantis is also more of a team player, and in this case, it's the anti-democracy team.

Trump was all about himself. Loyalty was a one-way street. He built a cult-like presence in the party, so people in the party establishment had to respect him. Some who were looking for a path to quick stardom imitated and flattered Trump. But people have probably known all along that Trump will do only what works for him. Trump cost the party the White House and control of the senate by being a dumbass. Desantis will coordinate his agenda within the framework of the party's larger ambitions.

But all of the GOP-haters are already lining up to condemn him.
DeSantis has put himself out there enough in a way that suggests that he's seriously considering running for prez. Again, what you're picking up on is the nature of the beast in politics. Each side watches the other with microscopes and whoever jumps out there and says what they say, will be dissected by the media for what it's worth, including the W Examiner.

Do you have any back-up potential candidate that you're interested in case DeSantis operates in Fla?

Desantis is also more of a team player, and in this case, it's the anti-democracy team.
Yeah, that's the scary part about him. Up until about a year or so ago, he appeared to be one of DJT's twins. From what I noticed, all in on DJT. The closer DJT became investigated, the more quieter DeSantis became about his strong support of DJT. That's why I can't trust DeSantis at all. We've already seen him with his pants pulled down.

Desantis will coordinate his agenda within the framework of the party's larger ambitions.
Yup, and I call that Big Corp ambitions - the receiving goodies end of it.

It's clear some of you people need to train yourselves to question what you use to form your opinions or use to support them before using it.
That applies to Web news sources like the WE whose Editor, as has already been mentioned, never liked Trump and who didn't wait to see if there were any challenges (there are) to the claims made by the person (Hutchinson in this case) who the Editor uses to support his own prejudices.
You must know by now that those challenges come from the people Hutchinson named in her allegations as her own sources.
Does it matter to you?

DeSantis has put himself out there enough in a way that suggests that he's seriously considering running for prez. Again, what you're picking up on is the nature of the beast in politics. Each side watches the other with microscopes and whoever jumps out there and says what they say, will be dissected by the media for what it's worth, including the W Examiner.

Do you have any back-up potential candidate that you're interested in case DeSantis operates in Fla?
In addition to DeSantis, I like (regardless of the Progressive blowback):
Pence, Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Asa Hutchinson (Ark gov), and Liz Cheney.

DeSantis will be re-elected in FL and then leave to manage his 2024 campaign.

DeSantis has a tough skin and won't react like Trump when criticized.

In addition to DeSantis, I like (regardless of the Progressive blowback):
Pence, Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Asa Hutchinson (Ark gov), and Liz Cheney.

DeSantis will be re-elected in FL and then leave to manage his 2024 campaign.

DeSantis has a tough skin and won't react like Trump when criticized.
DeSantis is another narcissistic vindictive attention whore.

Back
Top Bottom