• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump proven unfit for power again by Washington Examiner

When he can DeSantis prefers to use edicts. DeSantis is a BIG government politician who claims he is a small government guy. He is very similar to Trump but has a better vocabulary.
Looks like Ron is approaching Trump’s girth, as well…….

I must have missed “your” problems with the testimony. Can you refer me to the post # or can you list what you found problematic?
I'm referring to not only her lack of corroboration but also the reported denial of what she testified happened in the POTUS SUV and also the doubt about the claim regarding the card that encouraged leaving the Capitol.

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

However, they do ask their readers to find a better Republican.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.
They are truly blind, the Washington Examiner Editorial Board, if they think that testimony was any death knell for the orange shit gibbon with the proud Deplorables's, the MAGATS, Trump Stupid's, and Big Lie Election deniers.

If anything it steeled all of those folks to circle the Trump Wagons and to support him with ever greater vigor.

I'm referring to not only her lack of corroboration but also the reported denial of what she testified happened in the POTUS SUV and also the doubt about the claim regarding the card that encouraged leaving the Capitol.
1) I think that will be forthcoming, we’ll see
2) What “reported denial?”
3) I don’t understand.

Imagine Trump in wartime firing every military person that dared to disagree with his strategies and firing subordinates with little or no military experience. Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burned.
Think Hitler after Stalingrad.

Think Hitler after Stalingrad.
Hitler promoted Sixth Army commander to Field Marshall, hoping Paulus wouldn’t be the first FM to surrender.

Looks like Ron is approaching Trump’s girth, as well…….
People are going to start criticizing DeSantis even more. Why.?
Because the Libs/Progressive are going to need a new bogeyman to fear.
If the Dems don't have a political enemy to disgrace, they will invent one.

What an ignorant post!

Your messiah spent his whole term at war on multiple fronts.

1) I think that will be forthcoming, we’ll see
2) What “reported denial?”
3) I don’t understand.
Re 1 & 2)
From another thread ...
You would think the Committee must have had some corroboration from other witnesses for what she testified since I think one of those she mentioned (Engel, I think) had previously been questioned privately.
They could have been called back to confirm it before she testified. Good idea, right?

Anyway,
"However, a source close to the Secret Service confirmed to CBS News that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was physically attacked or assaulted by Trump and that the former president never lunged for the steering wheel of the vehicle"
<snip>
"According to the source close to the agency, both Ornato and Engel have appeared before the committee on the record and behind closed doors, at the committee's request. Those sessions were recorded, but not used in Tuesday's hearing."
That would be logical, right?

Re 3)
"Former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann is claiming that a handwritten note regarding a potential statement for then-President Donald Trump to release during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was written by him during a meeting at the White House that afternoon, and not by White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News".

The bottom line is that if the Committee was serious about what is supposed to be an effort to find the truth, they would already have scheduled such testimony(ies) before making certain all testimony conforms to the approved narrative. That, and the committee members wouldn't be who they are.

Not one bit different than with Republicans.

Re 1 & 2)
From another thread ...

That would be logical, right?

Re 3)
"Former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann is claiming that a handwritten note regarding a potential statement for then-President Donald Trump to release during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was written by him during a meeting at the White House that afternoon, and not by White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News".

The bottom line is that if the Committee was serious about what is supposed to be an effort to find the truth, they would already have scheduled such testimony(ies) before making certain all testimony conforms to the approved narrative. That, and the committee members wouldn't be who they are.
You just choose to believe more “hearsay,” at this point. I’m not thrilled with how this last hearing played out, but I’m gonna wait and see the deniers speak on the record.

They watched the hearings, looked at the evidence, and then turned on Trump.

Does that make them part of the liberal mainstream media now?
Same tactics as a cult

You just choose to believe more “hearsay,” at this point. I’m not thrilled with how this last hearing played out, but I’m gonna wait and see the deniers speak on the record.
Right. We agree.
But I remain suspicious why we have to wait to know if there's any corroboration.
Let's say Engel, Ornato, and Herschmann are asked, and allowed, to testify and they deny Hutchinson's assertions.
Would you still be inclined to believe her over them?

That's the nature of the beast in politics.

You don't think that the GOP doesn't do the same?

Again, the nature of the beast from both parties.
I can't believe the apparent partisan naiveté of some folks?

That's the nature of the beast in politics.

You don't think that the GOP doesn't do the same?

Again, the nature of the beast from both parties.
Clear up my thinking. Who on the Dems side is the GOP's bogeyman?
Biden? Kamala? John Kerry? Pelosi? AOC? Pocahontas? Bernie?
All of them? Some of them?

I'm simply predicting that DeSantis is going to quickly become the new target as Trump's star keeps sinking.

Clear up my thinking. Who on the Dems side is the GOP's bogeyman?
Biden? Kamala? John Kerry? Pelosi? AOC? Pocahontas? Bernie?
All of them? Some of them?
My God, to pinpoint one side's bogeyman from the other side is way too tasking. Sorry, I could not pick out the top bogeyman targeted by the GOP. But, if I had to with a gun held at my head, I guess I'd start out with VP Harris.
I'm simply predicting that DeSantis is going to quickly become the new target as Trump's star keeps sinking.
Yeah, since DeSantis is polling well and DJT is dodging all the court room drama heading his way, sure DeSantis - for now.

My God, to pinpoint one side's bogeyman from the other side is way too tasking. Sorry, I could not pick out the top bogeyman targeted by the GOP. But, if I had to with a gun held at my head, I guess I'd start out with VP Harris.

Yeah, since DeSantis is polling well and DJT is dodging all the court room drama heading his way, sure DeSantis - for now.
Kamala will not become a threat to the GOP until they worry she might become president - before her time. That would be scary.

If DeSantis wished to poke his noggin out of his Florida Gopher hole to test the Presidential waters as they say he has no call to have issues with folks bopping him on the head.

What an ignorant post!

Your messiah spent his whole term at war on multiple fronts.
If you are suggesting 'my messiah' is the failing Orange Man, I hope he loses every battle he fights.
I want him off the stage.
It is not ignorant of me to want Trump gone and DeSantis to lead the GOP.

Back
Top Bottom