• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump proven unfit for power again by Washington Examiner

It did not bother me at all when he talked about it in the 1990s----------I was almost positive that no one, I mean NO ONE, could be dumb enough to vote for him.
I thought that in 2016, but the rest is history.
;)

We don't need The Washington Examiner to tell us Mr. "Let's Nuke Hurricanes" is unfit for office.
I've thought that about Mr. "Inject disinfectants as a treatment for Coronavirus" for quite a while.

My only question

What took so long?

If you recall the context of the time it does make sense. Michael Moore even predicted that Trump would win months before the election when the polls showed it was and almost impossible outcome. At the time people were saying they knew that Trump was a moron but a moron who everybody knew was a moron was better then a moron masquerading as a politician.

things like the promise to make Mexico pay for a wall slowly morphed into a “fact.” Just like the weapons of mass destruction, a means to an end that is claimed to be true based on evidence they created for the occasion (you provide the pictures I’ll provide the war). And everything since then has been a slow downward spiral into conspiracy theories, lies, ignorance and outright delusion. The propaganda they use to back up their bogus claims of voter fraud comes from a man convicted of fraudulent campaign contributions. They now believe that Ivanka Trump never testified for the January 6 committee and it was either a clone or a holograph. The Uvalde Texas shootings never happened. They still believe Hillary Clinton is part of a crime family that traffics babies and murdered Seth Rich. I have never seen a political party as completely delusional as they are right now and every single one of them will eventually realize it except for a tiny percentage of the completely hopeless. We just have to hope that they return to earth before it is too late. Imagine what your mindset would have to be to know - somewhere in your mind - that you are one of the most privileged people in the country … and view yourself as a victim because you have heard that there is something racist being taught at schools that you don’t understand and have never witnessed. What the hellllllll?

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

However, they do ask their readers to find a better Republican.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.

Enter Ron Desantis.

My only question

What took so long?

I think conservatives realize that these hearings have produced hours of attack ad ammo. He's mortally wounded and the billionaire donors that bankroll the party is probably tired of carrying around all of his baggage.

I have some familiarity with the Examiner, as they pop up in
They watched the hearings, looked at the evidence, and then turned on Trump.

Does that make them part of the liberal mainstream media now?
Its brutal how quick Trumpers cut out those who dare to have an independent thought.

The GOP tent has shrunk into a religious tent only for the faithful. Cult
I think conservatives realize that these hearings have produced hours of attack ad ammo. He's mortally wounded and the billionaire donors that bankroll the party is probably tired of carrying around all of his baggage.
Well it will be long summer for Trump folks. It's still an ongoing investigation.

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.
Well, one thing to consider is if an editor in a "paper" would call Hutchinson's testimony credible after what we've seen/heard about her/it then their motivation is as suspect as the Committee's.
Maybe he wasn't aware of the problems with her testimony when he wrote what he did.
As to the WE Editor's own motivation, my guess is he'd prefer DeSantis but, knowing what we know now, touting Hutchinson is a helluva way to get there.
Oh ... one other thing ... the Editor never liked Trump.

Last edited:
Well, one thing to consider is if an editor in a "paper" would call Hutchinson's testimony credible after what we've seen/heard about her/it then their motivation is as suspect as the Committee's.
Maybe he wasn't aware of the problems with her testimony when he wrote what he did.
As to the WE Editor's own motivation, my guess is he'd prefer DeSantis but, knowing what we know now, touting Hutchinson is a helluva way to get there.
Oh ... one other thing ... the Editor never liked Trump.
What “problems” do you have with Ms. Hutchinson’s testimony?

Imagine Trump in wartime firing every military person that dared to disagree with his strategies and firing subordinates with little or no military experience. Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

How the Media Bias / Fact Check website views the Wshington Examiner.....

right041.png

Editorially, the Washington Examiner is 100% right. It is virtually impossible to find a single editorial that offers balance. Most editorials have anti-left loaded headlines.

Excerpts from the June 29, 2022 WE Editorial...

Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again.

Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (LA), before becoming a top aide for former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

She repeated testimony that Trump not only knew that then-Vice President Mike Pence’s life had been credibly threatened that day but also that he was somewhere between uncaring and actually approving of Pence’s danger.

She also told, in detail, that Trump repeatedly insisted that he himself should join his supporters at the Capitol — even after being informed the crowd contained armed elements and that it was breaching the perimeter against an undermanned U.S. Capitol Police force.

A damning, yet accurate, portrait of Donald Trump from a Trump acolyte and confidant.

I have some familiarity with the Examiner, as they pop up in my news feeds from time to time. They are right leaning, but not Breitbart or OAN crazy, their stories are generally factual with a conservative twist. I don't mind this since I like to see various sides of a story when possible.
Your description was very thorough that helped me to get a read about the Examiner. Appreciate.

Enter Ron Desantis.
Given that the Examiner ended their editorial with a message to Republicans to pick better, it'll be interesting who the Examiner will favor in their news as time marches on. Right now, as you pointed out, it appears that DeSantis will be the one.

You must be kidding. Where have you been?
I must have missed “your” problems with the testimony. Can you refer me to the post # or can you list what you found problematic?

It appears that Ms Hutchinson adored DJT until right after 1/6/21. She even attended the Ellipse shindig on that day that featured their main star, DJT.

Hutchinson, a Christopher Newport University graduate, told her college publication in 2018 she was “brought to tears” when she received an email telling her she was selected to be a White House intern under Trump.

During that internship, she worked for the Office of Legislative Affairs, according to the profile by Christopher Newport, a small university founded in 1960 that has fewer than 5,000 students enrolled.

She said she’d attend events hosted by Trump, like signing ceremonies, and “frequently watched Marine One depart the South Lawn from my office window.”

A little help here.

There is a segment of American society that just isn't into democracy. Trump's appeal is his authoritarianism for those people. They are after some sort of Christian theocracy

The trouble with Death Sentence is that he would actually try to accomplish things.

When he can DeSantis prefers to use edicts. DeSantis is a BIG government politician who claims he is a small government guy. He is very similar to Trump but has a better vocabulary.

I agree. They are looking for a smarter, more polished version of Trump

Back
Top Bottom