• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump proven unfit for power again by Washington Examiner

That's right, to be a Trump supporter you need to be a mindless zombie cultist. :LOL:
Look around; it's the lefties marching like zombies and muttering the same trite phrased over and over. I can't remember the last conservative that splash red pain on his crotch to protest states being given authority over abortion, can you?

A little help here.

Not familiar enough with the Washington Examiner and their print relationship with DJT, but if it used to be a favorable one, it's no longer there. They've pegged him well today. imo

However, they do ask their readers to find a better Republican.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.
Trump unfit for power? Do you honestly think that Dementia Joey is fit for power?

It did not bother me at all when he talked about it in the 1990s----------I was almost positive that no one, I mean NO ONE, could be dumb enough to vote for him.
Yeah, that's the real issue - the dumbness of a great number of US citizens has been revealed. It bodes ill for the future of this country, IMO.

Pretty much this imo. DeS could be a little more smooth than DT, but possibly even more dangerous. How he hasn't been impeached for abusing first amendment rights is a sign of another set of cultists being enthralled.
Why does the supposed party of freedom have a love affair with authoritarian leaders?? Seems weird.
...or, the party that is about small government and individual rights want to tell a woman she has no control over her own body...

Everything about the RINO is a ruse. Its fraud from top to bottom.

DeSantis is another narcissistic vindictive attention whore.
You don't like him because he doesn't look as good as Kamala or is not as glib as Uncle Joe?
DeSantis will end up being the best choice for the country because the Dems don't have anyone else.

Why does the supposed party of freedom have a love affair with authoritarian leaders?? Seems weird.
Why does the supposed party of the people have a love affair with Progressive leaders who are taking us down the wrong path according to all of the polls taken recently?

You don't like him because he doesn't look as good as Kamala or is not as glib as Uncle Joe?
DeSantis will end up being the best choice for the country because the Dems don't have anyone else.
I don't go by looks. I go by what I see as far as his governing of his state and his subsequent actions. His governing and actions bear out what I said about him.

He's just a smarter slicker version of the grifter Trump is.

Why does the supposed party of the people have a love affair with Progressive leaders who are taking us down the wrong path according to all of the polls taken recently?
I'm not a Biden fan, but I am also realistic enough to know that the inflation and fuel costs driving a lot of negative public opinion are not issues he created through policy, nor ones he can immediately mitigate. I'm also not seeing any realistic answers from the GOP. Just a lot of hysteria aimed at votes rather than solutions. In fact, I don't remember any sensible proposals around economic policy from the GOP since 2017/18. Only the Dems have been brave enough to state a reasonable complete economic policy. May not agree with all of it, but at least they have one we can all see.

To me personally, guns, abortion etc that the GOP spend their efforts on are sideshows to economic management. A party without an economic policy is useless imo. Without a decent economy everything else soon become secondary considerations once people start going hungry. All those 'rights' and 'freedoms' the GOP claim to idealise are provided by a strong economy rather than a 200yr old document.

So, I'm not going to kick Biden over the economy unless I see the opposition present truly realistic better options.

They supported him for years. They’re just abandoning the sinking ship now.

I suspect in a few years the number of people who will admit to ever having voted for Trump are going to be about the same as those who are now still proudly admit they voted for George W Bush.

I suspect in a few years the number of people who will admit to ever having voted for Trump are going to be about the same as those who are now still proudly admit they voted for George W Bush.

I just want to see him go to prison where he deserves to be.

No? You perhaps have a link of them being very critical of Trump in 2018?
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear; I'm not interested in wasting my time discussing the topic with you.

I don't remember any sensible proposals around economic policy from the GOP since 2017/18. Only the Dems have been brave enough to state a reasonable complete economic policy.
The Trump tax cuts gave us steady GNP growth.
Reduction of regulations made the country energy independent.
Trump's policy reduce the number of illegal immigrants.
Inflation was low; unemployment was low; no Russian invasions for four years.

I would love to read what you consider to be "reasonable complete economic policy" from thems Dems.
You've been around since Biden's inauguration, right?

I don't go by looks. I go by what I see as far as his governing of his state and his subsequent actions. His governing and actions bear out what I said about him.

He's just a smarter slicker version of the grifter Trump is.
And his approval ratings in FL are excellent. Does that count for anything?

They supported him for years. They’re just abandoning the sinking ship now.
An illuminating glimpse into how the cult mind works. The Examiner criticises Trump now. That means they always hated Trump. They were always never-Trumpers. We were always at war with Eastasia.

In addition to DeSantis, I like (regardless of the Progressive blowback):
Pence, Pompeo, Nikki Haley, Asa Hutchinson (Ark gov), and Liz Cheney.
The governor appears halfway decent in my view. If he'd consider a run, I'd take a more serious look at him.

This is what he said about Cassidy Hutchinson, not related as far as I know.

“Very compelling. I mean, anyone who appreciates the difficulty of someone being 25 and thrust into that incredible closeness to history and what even in her young age understood to be fundamentally wrong, and she testified to it,” Gov. Hutchinson told “CBS Mornings.”

“So my heart goes out to those that really stood firm during that time, and I think she clearly demonstrated her concern and love for our country,” he added.

Trump unfit for power? Do you honestly think that Dementia Joey is fit for power?
Moreso than carnie barking paper mob boss DJT who is mentally just one step away from a Sarah Palin.

Moreso than carnie barking paper mob boss DJT who is mentally just one step away from a Sarah Palin.
Nice rant. However no matter your personal visceral hatred of Trump, he was not in cognitive decline. Joey Biden is.

Nice rant. However no matter your personal visceral hatred of Trump, he was not in cognitive decline. Joey Biden is.
Rant? If my civil statement was a rant, then your post was a stomping fit of rage!!!! 🤣

I say both need to be put to pasture, but in DJT's case one with bars around it. Even with an aging Biden, he still is doing fairly well with all that's going on with a tide of GOPers dead set against him. I've already shared my sentiments that the Dems should offer up a younger fresh face for 2024 just as I've stated that the Repubs need to offer up a younger and more decent candidate for 2024. Now that you're caught up, you're welcome. ;)

Back
Top Bottom