• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Protesting Should Be Illegal

Context...

So what is the context, Fled? That protests shouldn't be allowed where they already aren't allowed? Are you really going to argue Trump is that big of an idiot?

Where did he state illegal?

That's right. He didn't. You did.

He said protests should not be allowed. If your cultist mind refuses to accept what that means then I cannot help you.

Btw Fled, you never responded to my post earlier today. Did you finally remove your foot from your mouth in the thread?

Why don't you simply make something up...

Wait. You already have.

Except nothing was made up. The thread title is not a direct quote but a paraphrase.

Where did he say ILLEGAL?

ILLEGAL has a real meaning.

You are spinning and squirming like a true Trump cultist. Your Dear Leader would be proud.

It seems like you’re taking this out of context since he was pretty clearly talking about protesters in the confirmation hearing. You can argue he was wrong, since the protesters were indeed dragged out and arrested rather than anyone letting it go as he claimed. But I think the only way you can argue he was talking about protesters in general is to throw out the entirety of his remarks and just repeat that one phrase.

Pointing out where you made **** up out of whole cloth is "spinning and squirming"?

Classic.

Lie some more.

Except nothing was made up. By saying something should not be allowed in this country he obviously means it should be illegal. You have yet to argue what else it could possibly mean.

The context started out with the Kavanaugh protesters, and he clearly branched out to protesting in general. I will quote it for the umpteenth time: "I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters"

He did not say it was embarrassing that the hearing allowed protesters. He said it's embarrassing the COUNTRY allows protesters.

Where did HE state ILLEGAL.

He didn't. Ergo the title is a lie.

Alright, Fled. What did Trump mean when he said the country should not allow protesters?

To be fair, in context, it sounds like he's just talking about protesters in the confirmation hearing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/05/full-transcript-trump-daily-caller-interview/

Context is important, unless your on the left (Liberal). He was talking about the protesters at the hearing.

""I'm amazed that people allow the interruption to continue. You know, there are some people that just keep screaming at the same people. In the old days we used to throw them out. Today I guess they just keep screaming. I thought Sen. (Orrin) Hatch was good because he was very indignant at the interruptions by a woman that was up there that just kept going on and on. I don't know why they don't, why they don't take care of a situation like that because it's terrible. I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters, you don't even know which side the protesters were on. But to allow someone to stand up and scream from the top of their lungs and nobody does anything about it is frankly — I think it's an embarrassment. I think, well it's really early stages, but I think the Democrats are grasping at straws, that looks like to me. It's incredible how bipartisan everything, when you look at how the opposite, I mean, when you look at how the level of division between the two sides, it's sort of incredible.""
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/05/politics/donald-trump-protest/index.html

And yet if you look at the rest of his comments they make absolutely no sense if that’s what he was saying. The “we used to throw them out” comment makes no sense is you read it your way. Nor do any of the subsequent comments referring to the hearing.

What makes tons more sense is to read country as the thing being embarrassed rather than the thing allowing protesters.

And yet if you look at the rest of his comments they make absolutely no sense if that’s what he was saying. The “we used to throw them out” comment makes no sense is you read it your way. Nor do any of the subsequent comments referring to the hearing.

What makes tons more sense is to read country as the thing being embarrassed rather than the thing allowing protesters.

Context is important, unless your on the left (Liberal). He was talking about the protesters at the hearing.

Until he branched out to talk about all protesters.

Trump is a rambling fool who makes side comments all the time. Tell me, how does it make sense for him to say THE COUNTRY should not allow protesters when he should've said CONGRESS or THE HEARING should not allow protesters?

Alright, Fled. What did Trump mean when he said the country should not allow protesters?

See post 39.

So it your view it is ok for protesters to interrupt a hearing? One could say that protesting in the meeting room should not be allowed. Outside the building or at park, go for it. The protesters still have the right to protest.

Got to ask, if you run a business would it be ok if people came into your business to protest your company in such a way it makes getting anything done?

The real embarrassment is the lefty cry-babies screaming and their childish behavior over a situation that will never occur; a kindergarten class would not be allowed to behave in such a manor! Where were these "concerned American's" when Bubuma, Clinton, etc. nominated liberal judges to the SCOTUS?????????????????????????????

Trump is a rambling fool who makes side comments all the time. Tell me, how does it make sense for him to say THE COUNTRY should not allow protesters when he should've said CONGRESS or THE HEARING should not allow protesters?

Because he didn't most likely. Considering the context of the rest of his remarks, it's not likely that "country" relates to "allows" protesters.

"I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters, you don't even know which side the protesters were on,"

It makes more sense to read it as country applying to the "embarrassing for" part. As in the country is embarrassed because protesters are allowed at the hearing. Reading it that way makes much more sense to me contextually.

Last edited:

Funny. I read a couple of news articles and had no problems determining he was talking about the hearing protest.
I am not a Trump supporter. It is known he is not the best at speaking. Wish many would take the time to wordsmith the likes of Pelosi as they do Trump.

See post 39.

Already saw it, already read the quote.

So it your view it is ok for protesters to interrupt a hearing?

Nope. Where did I say that?

One could say that protesting in the meeting room should not be allowed.

I would say that.

Outside the building or at park, go for it. The protesters still have the right to protest.

Yes...

Got to ask, if you run a business would it be ok if people came into your business to protest your company in such a way it makes getting anything done?

Well, thanks for wasting a minute of my life with this pointless post.

WTF kind of argument is this? :lamo

Because he didn't most likely. Considering the context of the rest of his remarks, it's not likely that "country" relates to "allows" protesters.

Ummm, what?

It makes more sense to read it as country applying to the "embarrassing for" part. As in the country is embarrassed because protesters are allowed at the hearing. Reading it that way makes much more sense to me contextually.

I'm sorry, but I read this several times and it makes no sense, whatsoever.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…