• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump privately said to donors it will be 'tough' for Republicans to keep Senate

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump privately said to donors it will be 'tough' for Republicans to keep Senate

1602794853_Trump-rages-at-allies-as-potential-October-surprises-fizzle.jpg

10/25/20
President Donald Trump made a prediction about the GOP's control of the Senate at a fundraiser this week, privately telling donors that it will be "very tough" for Republicans to keep control of the chamber in the upcoming election, namely because Trump refuses to support some senators, The Washington Post reported on Saturday. "I think the Senate is tough actually. The Senate is very tough," Trump said, according to an attendee who shared the President's comments on condition of anonymity with the Post. "There are a couple senators I can't really get involved in. I just can't do it. You lose your soul if you do. I can't help some of them. I don't want to help some of them." Trump's comments were made at a closed-door gathering held in Nashville, Tennessee, before the last presidential debate, according to the Post, where he said that he thinks the GOP will "take back the House." Trump's comments come at a time when Republicans in tight down-ballot races, who had hoped to ride the President's coattails to victory, have little desire to align with him.

Trump's standing in the polls has alarmed some Republicans, who are struggling to hold on to their 53-47 Senate majority as Democrats see their opportunities to pick up seats continue to grow. The President at times has even seemed to not be interested in saving members of his own party. In Maine, Trump has gone after endangered GOP Sen. Susan Collins, who hasn't said if she'd back the President's reelection but has said she'd oppose Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to the Supreme Court because the confirmation vote is being pushed up against the election.

The GOP doesn't have a prayer of taking the House, and its hold on the Senate grows more tenuous by the day.

With democracy eliminated, it will be "tough" for any Republicans to "win."

It is terrible, indeed, to have a POTUS who supports policy over party. ;)

As the RNC admitted, they have no policy for 2020. Policy is whatever Donald Trump says it is on any given day.

It will be their undoing in 8 days.

They "they-don't-kiss-my-butt-enough" policy?

With democracy eliminated, it will be "tough" for any Republicans to "win."

Yes, Trump is working hard to eliminate democracy, but we all hope he will fail and Republicans will pay.

Trump is working hard to eliminate democracy, but we all hope he will fail and Republicans will pay.

Flipping the Senate and expanding our House of Representatives majority will be making them pay for worshiping the worst person in America. It is sad that there can't be more Republicans up for re-election in Democratic states.

Back
Top Bottom