• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TRUMP PRESIDENTIAL RETIREMENT BENEFITS SHOULD BE RESCINDED

I agree. I believe the Republican Senators should have convicted him after January 6th.
It's refreshing to know that some conservatives feel this way. Now all we have to do is convince our lawmakers. We may never see Trump do a perp walk but being totally shut out of politics is a must. After what he did, he does not deserve benefits, IMO.

He broke laws while in office and was impeached twice.......
Reagan, Bush, Bush and Trump had inferior qualities and plenty of criminal activity ......perhaps presidential retirement benefits should be reviewed with contingencies added ....... never should be assumed.

I never considered Clinton's sex life the business of others no matter how reckless HOWEVER someone mentioned opening the doors to blackmail possibly creating a national security issue. The Glass-Steagall issue was of more concern as was his behind closed doors killing Social Security activity. Neither were discussed during his campaign = dishonest. Keeping voters/taxpayers out of the loop really stinks.

Last edited:
Clinton was impeached. Should this apply across the board?
And if we don't like Biden, we must cut him off as well. This isn't about impeachment but stomping feet.

I’m of the mindset that no government official should retire on the tax payers dime.

Rescind every single pension and benefits package for all of them. Allow security for former living presidents/high officials to stay in whatever capacity - because national security…but everything else GONE.

Being in government should be a public service for X years, not a lifelong career.

While we are at it, let’s cut their salaries also. It is ridiculous the amount of money they make.

Back
Top Bottom