• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump praising Saddam Hussein....

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

This guy really does not think before he speaks or acts...

In one week he has come with anti-Semitic comments and now he is praising Saddam Hussein for killing non existent terrorists in Iraq.

Yes because liberals worked so hard and fought tooth and nail to get rid of sadaam.

So... what do you think of Trump saying what he did?

hindsight is 20/20. Now I don't like trump(I'm voting Johnson btw) but I have already been of the mind that Hussein, as bad as he was, kept the country stable and, again, 20/20 hindsight, he would have been a much better alternative than having ISIS now.

hindsight is 20/20. Now I don't like trump(I'm voting Johnson btw) but I have already been of the mind that Hussein, as bad as he was, kept the country stable and, again, 20/20 hindsight, he would have been a much better alternative than having ISIS now.

Though I believe that there were other alternatives to Hussein to what we have now... and believe it was correct to assist in having him removed, I appreciate your response.

So... what do you think of Trump saying what he did?

I think that it was an inappropriate platform to mention a very well known and uncomfortable dichotomy of political science and that he should have phrased it differently, if he wanted to bring it to mind.

This guy really does not think before he speaks or acts...

In one week he has come with anti-Semitic comments and now he is praising Saddam Hussein for killing non existent terrorists in Iraq.

Yes. He is not very pleasant. On the other hand, the dichotomy is well known in political science and it is quite intractable. It is certainly something to think about but is politically incorrect to discuss in its entirety.

If keeping the country stable means gassing thousands of your own citizens, then sure, he kept it stable.

If keeping the country stable means gassing thousands of your own citizens, then sure, he kept it stable.
Thanks for oversimplifying what i'm saying to 3rd grade terms.

Back
Top Bottom