• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump praises QAnon supporters: "I understand they like me very much"

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
After skirting the issue for weeks, President Donald Trump offered an embrace Wednesday of the fringe internet phenomenon QAnon, praising its followers for supporting him and shrugging off its outlandish conspiracies.

His comments reflected the highest-profile endorsement to date of the group, which has infiltrated Republican circles even as party leaders attempt to distance themselves.
"I don't know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate," Trump said in the White House briefing room.
It was a striking nod to a group that has been likened to a virtual cult and has been labeled a potential domestic terrorist threat by the FBI.

Asked if he believed the crux of the theory, described by a reporter as the belief that the President "is secretly saving the world from this satanic cult of pedophiles and cannibals," Trump said: "Well, I haven't heard that, but is that supposed to be a bad thing or a good thing?"
"If I can help save the world from problems, I'm willing to do it," he went on. "I'm willing to put myself out there. And we are, actually, we're saving the world from a radical left philosophy that will destroy this country."

At the congressional level, Republicans have at least three nominees who have been sympathetic or supportive of the group: Jo Rae Perkins, the GOP nominee for a Senate seat in Oregon; Marjorie Taylor Greene, who won a primary runoff for Georgia's 14th District last week; and Lauren Boebert, who beat a Trump-backed, five-term incumbent in the primary in Colorado's 3rd District in June. Greene and Boebert are running in districts where Republicans are favored. ​

Trump embraces QAnon - CNNPolitics

We are literally living in the twilight zone. All I can say is, the GOP will be completely screwed down the line if the moderates don't stomp those idiots into oblivion. But with the president of course supporting these lunatics because he's desperate for votes...man oh man are we in for some interesting (and scary) times ahead.

Qanon is to Trump as the AARP is to Biden. They deliver votes and they're loyal to a fault.

Qanon is to Trump as the AARP is to Biden. They deliver votes and they're loyal to a fault.

I guess when you're such a failure, and have no accomplishments or vision to run on, embracing some low IQ conspiracy theorist wacko's for votes is all he has. But Trump's entire career in politics has been drenched in bogus conspiracy theories, so this is par for the course for him.

Two party see saw. It is just insane to be on each other's throat and being taken for granted.

well, he's a birther. he might as well throw his lot in the the current CT nutbags, as well.

Back
Top Bottom