• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump postponed press conference

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
President Donald Trump postponed a Saturday press conference designed to tout the "great success" of the Group of 20 meeting in Argentina, citing the death of former president George H.W. Bush.

G-20 leaders have agreed to address reform in the World Trade Organization (WTO), maintain current efforts on climate change, and progress taxation of the digital economy, according to a draft seen by Reuters.

The officials also confirmed that "taboo words" in drafting the communique included any reference to protectionism or unfair trade practices. This was seen as important given the ongoing tensions between the United States and China.

The nation's 41st president died on Friday at the age of 94, and Trump designated December 5 as a national day of mourning. Despite Trump having risen to power railing against the Republican establishment embodied by Bush, the president and First Lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral, the White House said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/01/tru...ional-day-of-mourning-for-george-hw-bush.html

It appears the g20 has been a roaring success. We will wait and see the bigger dinner tonight with Xi.

I fully expect the dinner to be a success. We may even see a hug.

Last edited:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/01/tru...ional-day-of-mourning-for-george-hw-bush.html

It appears the g20 has been a roaring success. We will wait and see the bigger dinner tonight with Xi.

I fully expect the dinner to be a success.

It does not appear that this was a success.

Trump is a *****, and he acted like one would expect a ***** to act.

I fully expect him to act like a ***** at the dinner, and cannot wait for his press conference. His last one, in September, was Retard-Gold.

I fully expect him to act like a ***** at the dinner, and cannot wait for his press conference. His last one, in September, was Retard-Gold.

I certainly do not want to see a war with China. You may want to see one... I don't.

Trump was the red-headed step-child at this G20. Perfectly summed up by the pic of journo-murdering Putin high-fiving the Saudi Prince, while tRump scowls in the background.

sggVhrwSAFs.jpg

Trump success is a major trigger, obviously.

The legendary economist who predicted the housing crisis says the US will win the trade war

https://www.businessinsider.com/gar...st-trade-war-outlook-says-us-will-win-2018-10

I certainly do not want to see a war with China. You may want to see one... I don't.

War with China? Hyperbolic. China's ruling authority controls its people with an iron fist. They will simply tighten their belts for as long and as much as Xi tells them to tighten their belts.

While I leave room in my thoughts about China for war which Trump encourages in his passivity in the face of other authoritarian territorial aims, I just do not see war with China in the same sense that treating Saudi like it has the same strategic significance it had in the 1970's is ludicrous. Heck we were the Client and Saudi the supplicant in the 1970's when they at least could make a case for their strategic significance.

It's just a good thing that Obama already addressed all of the problems with the WTO, world trade and the theft of intellectual property by China.

Trump was the red-headed step-child at this G20. Perfectly summed up by the pic of journo-murdering Putin high-fiving the Saudi Prince, while tRump scowls in the background.

sggVhrwSAFs.jpg

Looks like Trump is having a discussion with someone unrelated to the foreground figures.

You do realize if President Trump looks bad, we as a country look bad?

Hasn't stopped Donald Duck from continually looking bad so far.

It's just a good thing that Obama already addressed all of the problems with the WTO, world trade and the theft of intellectual property by China.

It's a good thing you're pathologically obsessed with Obama.

It's a good thing you're pathologically obsessed with Obama.

Just wondering why myopic ideologues are demanding things of Trump they never seemed to demand of Obama.

Will Trump gain anything meaningful out of the Xi dinner tonight? I doubt it. Even a useless MOI would be difficult to sketch out on a napkin between salad and main course. I suspect there will be something though. Even Fox News can't be telling him that anybody thinks the signing of New NAFTA is being viewed as some sort of home run. But that is actually the danger in Trump paying so much attention to Fox News. Hard to imagine Hannity does not gush over everything he does which leaves Trump vulnerable in some ways.

Looks like Trump is having a discussion with someone unrelated to the foreground figures.

Trump was talking to himself.....:doh

Just like Homer......

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Just wondering why myopic ideologues are demanding things of Trump they never seemed to demand of Obama.

Because Obama behaved like a rational adult without us having to demand it.
Obama didn't have a criminal enterprise, we didn't have to demand it.
etc.
Trump is not just a Republican to oppose based on policy differences, he's a criminal, lying, con-artist, national security risk, dumpster fire, that we're all impatiently waiting for Mueller to conclude the criminal investigation on so we can wrap this up.

You do realize if President Trump looks bad, we as a country look bad?

Like Obama made Kenya look bad, right ;)

:elephantf:usflag2:

Hasn't stopped Donald Duck from continually looking bad so far.

our media kills him for the silliest stuff. Again, when he looks bad, we all look bad.

our media kills him for the silliest stuff. Again, when he looks bad, we all look bad.

Then he should stop looking bad. But he can't help himself. He simply does not know any better. We look bad for having stuck him in the WH. Though they are not the same people necessarily, Trump belongs in the WH like Hitler belonged at the head of the Reichstag. In fact Hitler at the head of the Reichstag was such a dichotomy that he had the Reichstag dissolved. Hmmmmmm....a lesson for us there I think.

Dinner = success

Expect the Dow Jones to be up 750+ Monday!

Discussions about de-escalating tensions between the world's two largest economies lasted an hour longer than expected. While details of the results are yet to be released, both sides appeared satisfied at the end of the gathering, with applause heard in the room as the dinner drew a close.

As he was preparing to sit down with Trump, Xi was quoted as saying that he was “very happy” to be meeting with his US counterpart after the conclusion of the Group of 20 summit, and that he saw the occasion as an “opportunity to exchange views”.

“Xi Jinping said at the beginning that he was very happy to meet with the president,” China’s state news agency Xinhua reported shortly after the bilateral meeting began in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...ays-cooperation-best-choice-both-sides-dinner

LOL, Trump not making a complete ass of himself is "a roaring success."

Well, for Trump, I suppose you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom