• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump politicizes deaths of two immigrant children to score points in border wall fight

Yeah, and your solution is to cheer on the most corrupt administration we've ever had. So forgive our skepticism.

Wait. The Obama administration is over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1c95106d96a_story.html?utm_term=.571dbc13757b

President Trump on Saturday attempted to politicize the deaths of two immigrant children who died while in custody of the Department of Homeland Security in his latest bid to score points against Democrats in his fight for border wall funding.

In a pair of midday tweets, Trump asserted that the children, both from Guatemala, were already ill before being apprehended by federal authorities. He called the deaths of all children at the border the “fault” of Democrats because of their “pathetic immigration policies” — even though his administration created new policies to slow the ability of immigrants to seek legal paths into the country.
==========================================
Anything to try to score points against the Dems but most reading his Tweet can see right through his pitiful BS. Not very presidential.

So, he's finding joy in the death of brown skinned children.

Well, you have to admit, it's going to endear him to a segment of his base, these "very fine people" to be sure.
charlottesville-nazi-rally-2017-08-12t080132z-1893804928-rc1223b41d70-rtrmadp-3-virginia-protests.jpg

What hypocrisy. The Democratic Party and MSM went to fanatical degrees to try to politicize the death of a child who died of thirst - with the parents lying telling ICE the child was healthy and fine.

Indeed. The Dems and the left much prefer when their political opponents don't fight back, which is why they hate Trump so much.
He fights back, and they don't like it. They'd much rather beat a tied down bunny, so to speak.

Sure repost it again and again, until your liberal heart is full of glee. Unfortunately for you repeating it again and again does not change the fact that the Democrats have a responsibility to operate in good faith and they are not. Trump has an obligation to respond in turn and he is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not giving in to Trump's blackmail is failing to operate in good faith? LOL, you've drank waaaayyyyy too much kool-aid.

After repeated requests, you have yet to show me one reputable study that suggests that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Is that because you are full of ****, and you know it?

Putting each of them on record removes any amigiouty of their position later when they are asking for our votes again. Thats why a vote matters.

As for Democrats wanting some other kind of border security. They have been rather vague about that and have not put forth a single bill to define it. Trump has outlined his 4 pillars to reduce the illegal alien problem and the Democrats have rejected all of them and offered nothing on return. The only thing they have offered is lip service. There is no substance to their purposely vauge language.

Democratic Party on Immigration

It just kills me that Trumptards think he's a patriot. Mr. Fake Bone Spurs wasn't patriot enough to serve, was he?

Trump cares about Trump. Period. What a great snow job he's done on his worshippers. Pathetic.

Well, if you believe the biased, DNC propaganda machine AKA the media.

Concerned about U.S. Coast Guard forces losing a paycheck in the partial government shutdown, President Trump personally urged his team to find a solution that would allow the administration to make this week’s $75 million payroll, according to officials.

Trump stepped in on Wednesday, calling on top lawyers and staffers to determine if the Coast Guard could make payroll despite being included in the shutdown that has impacted about 25 percent of the government, including the Department of Homeland Security, which houses the Coast Guard.

Military personnel under the Department of Defense are not included in the shutdown, because their appropriations were approved earlier in Congress.

Officials said that Trump was keen to find a “way we can fix this” as news media stories about the Coast Guardsmen's plight started to pile up.

At his urging, the Office of Management and Budget, DHS and the Coast Guard determined that the rules governing pay to Coast Guard forces requires it be made through the end of the year. To make it, the lawyers said that unused funding could be tapped for pay. The service had a bit more than the needed $75 million left over from its past continuing resolution appropriation, enough to make this month’s last payroll check.

“The president is trying to make the shutdown as painless as possible for workers, and this case proved it,” said an official.
Trump personally intervened to pay Coast Guard in shutdown

Of course instances such as this are under reported by the media, showing their political bias and TDS, and further discrediting themselves.

What hypocrisy. The Democratic Party and MSM went to fanatical degrees to try to politicize the death of a child who died of thirst - with the parents lying telling ICE the child was healthy and fine.

These "very fine people" as Trump calls them are the ones who used to happily lynch brown skinned children, that likely see them dying of thirst as a good thing, the people Trump is appealing to, and they're part of Trump's base, your allies.

Are you proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with these people in your defense of Trump? Do you, like Trump, also consider them "very fine people"?

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed. The Dems and the left much prefer when their political opponents don't fight back, which is why they hate Trump so much.
He fights back, and they don't like it. They'd much rather beat a tied down bunny, so to speak.
Your Dear Leader-

945147F3-C72C-47F3-A588-08F26987A2AD.jpg

These "very fine people" as Trump calls them are the ones who used to happily lynch brown skinned children, now they're part of Trump's base, your allies.

Are you proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with these people in your defense of Trump?

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

Kinda of tired of this one quote taken out of context, and then only the fragment of a sentence, dishonestly designed to enrage and turn up the temperature of political discourse.

Q: You said there was hatred and violence on both sides?
Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object both on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some veryfine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.
Full transcript: Donald Trump’s press conference defending the Charlottesville rally

First off, "I think there is blame object both on both sides." That's the full sentence.

As well as

"They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides."

Hmm. That looks like a condemnation of neo-Nazis to me "You had some very bad people in that group.", and yet, there is a possibility that there are still 'good people' on both sides. Statistically, that's probably true.

No surprise, all the media cover is this out of context fragment of one sentence, the one they rightly figured would generate fauxrage in all those who accept their biased reporting so blindly and unthinkingly.

The 'news' media (DNC political propaganda arm) that laughingly and incredibly calls itself impartial and unbiased. No, this reporting is little more than a cruel joke inflicted on the nation and its people. Hard to imagine this from a 'friend' of the people.

:lol:

Mad Max

What do you call people who have no respect for our laws. They clearly have no intention of obeying our laws or they would not have broken the law. I have a family member from Mexico but she has respect for our laws and came here legally. She is a lawful person. If the shoe fits as they say.

Sure repost it again

Don't mind if I do!

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck...I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it."

-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1c95106d96a_story.html?utm_term=.571dbc13757b

President Trump on Saturday attempted to politicize the deaths of two immigrant children who died while in custody of the Department of Homeland Security in his latest bid to score points against Democrats in his fight for border wall funding.

In a pair of midday tweets, Trump asserted that the children, both from Guatemala, were already ill before being apprehended by federal authorities. He called the deaths of all children at the border the “fault” of Democrats because of their “pathetic immigration policies” — even though his administration created new policies to slow the ability of immigrants to seek legal paths into the country.
Anything to try to score points against the Dems but most reading his Tweet can see right through his pitiful BS. Not very presidential.

LOL. The MSM beat Trump to the punch, trying to score points against the right by sensationalizing the deaths of children. Pitiful BS.

What do you call people who have no respect for our laws.

Haha. What scumbaggery. Desperate people committing a misdemeanor to improve the lives of their family are now "lawless people".

Your demonization is pathetic and stupid. It's all about making inferior trailer trash feel good about themselves.

Not giving in to Trump's blackmail is failing to operate in good faith? LOL, you've drank waaaayyyyy too much kool-aid.

After repeated requests, you have yet to show me one reputable study that suggests that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Is that because you are full of ****, and you know it?
Repeated requests to me? I dont recall you ever asking me that but since you're asking me now, I will tell you what I would of told you sooner.

I would not know where to find such a study nor do I know what you would consider reputable. My opinion of a wall is that it is an inexpensive aid that will enhance our security. I really dont need some study to determine that. Common sense dictates that is easier for border patrol to police a walled area than an open border.

The point is, you're being hypocritical.

Not at all. You're the one claiming that Trump is a patriot. I'm saying he isn't. His draft dodging is just one supporting piece of evidence. Naming others who didn't serve is not relevant.

Well, if you believe the biased, DNC propaganda machine AKA the media.

No, I believe Trump's own well-recorded words and deeds. The "DNC propaganda machine" doesn't create videos and audio recordings of Trump's bloviating.

Actually it's the parents fault for dragging the kids thousands of miles and exposing them to danger
all along the way. If they stayed home they would be alive today.

Wow this is the most ignorant statement and lacking of any compassion that I have ever read. First of all, how do you know the circumstances in which the immigrants flee from? How dare you judge them. You don’t know if they would be alive or not, so stop assuming such BS. My husband immigrated here from El Salvador back in the 80s due to violence. His house was being shot up daily and he watched his uncle die right in front of him. His parents decided enough was enough and they came here for a better life. To escape death. Luckily they became Americans very quickly because his grandmother was already living here. Try to have compassion. You were lucky and were born in a better country but they weren’t so lucky. If you were in their shoes you would probably try to find a path to a better life. Stop blaming and judging others for things you know nothing about and try to have some compassion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The position on that site paraphrased is let them all in give them citizenship. That's not border security.

Please quote exactly where the bill said that.

During the Obama administration, more illegals were deported than by any other administration, mostly those with criminal records.

Now, since their cult leader blames the Dems, his stupid supporters will agree that the deaths are political, much unlike when we pointed out that it was political and Trump's fault.

No, I believe Trump's own well-recorded words and deeds. The "DNC propaganda machine" doesn't create videos and audio recordings of Trump's bloviating.

True, Trump bloviates, much like any other politician. However, the propaganda is the extreme number of incidents of misquoting, taking out of context, and partial statements and sentence fragments being reported and always reported in a fashion in an effort to make Trump look bad, which the media practices on a daily basis.

Haha. What scumbaggery. Desperate people committing a misdemeanor to improve the lives of their family are now "lawless people".

Your demonization is pathetic and stupid. It's all about making inferior trailer trash feel good about themselves.

Sorry but I will never support rewarding people for doing wrong. It is just not the way I was brought up.

Sorry but I will never support rewarding people for doing wrong. It is just not the way I was brought up.

One misdemeanor for the best possible purpose, family, and they're "lawless".

Naked demonization.

One misdemeanor for the best possible purpose, family, and they're "lawless".

Naked demonization.

No every day they are in this country they are breaking our laws. Every time they are paid cash without paying their fair share of taxes they are breaking the law. Most of these people have committed fraud getting jobs and lying to authorities. Save your good people nonsense for the clueless. Most of them turn to crime when they cannot find work and make enough money to eat. I saw it every day in Houston. I have caught them stealing my battery from my truck as well as my spare tire.

No every day they are in this country they are breaking our laws.

If you committed a single misdemeanor, say something involving self defense, is it then fair to refer to you and yours as "lawless".

Getting paid cash is not "lawless". American plumbers, electricians, landscapers, mechanics, etc are not "lawless".

You're Mad-Maxing these people. Shameful.

I have caught them stealing my battery from my truck as well as my spare tire.

There it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom