• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump politicizes deaths of two immigrant children to score points in border wall fight

Trump tweeted it.
Own it and stop trying to avoid it.
And the left put it on front pages and in every prime time MSM news cast - OWN THAT.

Yeah, and it's like anyone on the left tried to use these tragic deaths to make points against Trump, or anything like that, right?

Yeah, these kids arrived in the US after a long journey hours from death and somehow the last 8 hours of their lives are 100% the Border Patrol's responsibility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1c95106d96a_story.html?utm_term=.571dbc13757b

President Trump on Saturday attempted to politicize the deaths of two immigrant children who died while in custody of the Department of Homeland Security in his latest bid to score points against Democrats in his fight for border wall funding.

In a pair of midday tweets, Trump asserted that the children, both from Guatemala, were already ill before being apprehended by federal authorities. He called the deaths of all children at the border the “fault” of Democrats because of their “pathetic immigration policies” — even though his administration created new policies to slow the ability of immigrants to seek legal paths into the country.
==========================================
Anything to try to score points against the Dems but most reading his Tweet can see right through his pitiful BS. Not very presidential.

So, in your opinion, is politicizing deaths wrong? If people's deaths can be attributed to particular policies, what is wrong with bringing it up. If people's deaths can be prevented through political means, why shouldn't their deaths be politicized?

Ok. So the gov will remain closed. I'm not in the least bit concerned about it. Saving lives is more important than saving jobs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All you care about is hurting brown people. It's so fun to decide someone's motive for them, we should do this more often.

I am quite proud. Establishment republicans have generally wet their pants at any mention of a government shutdown. and the democrats have used that. Trump is actually showing a spine.

You're proud because the real motivation of Trumpism is inflicting harm on one's perceived enemies.

Yeah, these kids arrived in the US after a long journey hours from death and somehow the last 8 hours of their lives are 100% the Border Patrol's responsibility.
Yeah, totally disregarding one father applauded the treatment his daughter received and one refused medical treatment for his son, but it's still all CBP, or more correctly Trump's fault. :roll:

All you care about is hurting brown people. It's so fun to decide someone's motive for them, we should do this more often.

When it comes to criminal activity, I care more about the guilt then the motive. And why are you injecting the race card? When you do that, you are showing that you are void of any coherent argument.

You're proud because the real motivation of Trumpism is inflicting harm on one's perceived enemies.

Trump's motive is getting control of our southern border. That was one of his prime campaign promises and one of the biggest reasons I voted for him.

And all you care about is bad mouthing and attacking an orange person.

Actually it's the parents fault for dragging the kids thousands of miles and exposing them to danger
all along the way. If they stayed home they would be alive today.

Many of the people who post here, and many of those who are anti-immigrant descend from ancestors who dragged their kids with them. Maybe we should blame them for the anti-American values they spew on this forum. Perhaps the US would be better off without them.

Last edited:
So, in your opinion, is politicizing deaths wrong? If people's deaths can be attributed to particular policies, what is wrong with bringing it up. If people's deaths can be prevented through political means, why shouldn't their deaths be politicized?
Why is it that conservatives always tell those that advocate for gun law reform "now is not the time to discuss this!" whenever dozens of people are massacred, every year, several times in a year, but it's perfectly acceptable to politically milk one or two isolated incidents of documented immigrants murdering someone?

Can't have it both ways.

I did not assign any motive to you l. I stated my position. Your paranoia about people wanting to hurt brown people is your problem, not mine.

Yeah so what? ownership doesn't equal responsibility, you can own a car that someone else uses to do something wrong, but you are not responsible. these are two seperate things.

Trump said he was willing to close the government over wall funding, the democrats said they wouldn't do it and ghosted. Trump owns it, but the dems are responsible for it.
Trumpie and his gang of boot lickers have had two years and complete control of the government to get their wall, so they own their failure to get it done, not the Democrats.

Democrats have zero reason to just roll over and give the Republicans a major policy concession their base doesn't want, especially after years of McConnell playing hardball under Obama. No, the Republicans knew damn well they had to figure out a carrot they could offer some Democrats to vote for their wall.

They could have offered healthcare reforms, they could offered amnesty for Dreamers, but they didn't. That's because the Republicans and Trumpie had no intention of ever building a wall, and were just playing you the whole time.

Trumpie and his gang of boot lickers have had two years and complete control of the government to get their wall, so they own their failure to get it done, not the Democrats.

Democrats have zero reason to just roll over and give the Republicans a major policy concession their base doesn't want, especially after years of McConnell playing hardball under Obama. No, the Republicans knew damn well they had to figure out a carrot they could offer some Democrats to vote for their wall.

They could have offered healthcare reforms, they could offered amnesty for Dreamers, but they didn't. That's because the Republicans and Trumpie had no intention of ever building a wall, and were just playing you the whole time.

Man you're so mad and screeching so loud.

But all of that doesn't matter as long as Trump and McConnel hold strong. McConnel held strong on two supreme court fights and was strongly rewarded, so him and Trump no the best thing is to not give one inch in until the democrats agree 5 Bs for that wall will be appropriated before we begin negotiating. Keep the government shut down until 2021 if need be.

Man you're so mad and screeching so loud.

But all of that doesn't matter as long as Trump and McConnel hold strong. McConnel held strong on two supreme court fights and was strongly rewarded, so him and Trump no the best thing is to not give one inch in until the democrats agree 5 Bs for that wall will be appropriated before we begin negotiating. Keep the government shut down until 2021 if need be.
:lol:

Trumpie is already coming down from $5 billion, so be prepared for the orange jackass to disappoint again.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-lowers-demand-for-border-wall-funding/
On the seventh day of the partial government shutdown, President Trump on Friday threatened to shut down the U.S.-Mexico border if Democrats refuse his monetary demands to build his long-promised wall. Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney said he expected the shutdown to go on for a while, but revealed the president has come down from his initial demand of $5 billion to build the wall.

"We sat down with (Chuck) Schumer and gave him a number below five. I am not going to tell you what it is," Mulvaney said.

When it comes to criminal activity, I care more about the guilt then the motive. And why are you injecting the race card? When you do that, you are showing that you are void of any coherent argument.

The "race card" is just mirroring the bull**** I was responding to that claims liberals care about making illegals "immune" to our laws or whatever dumb **** you people believe these days.

Why is it that conservatives always tell those that advocate for gun law reform "now is not the time to discuss this!" whenever dozens of people are massacred, every year, several times in a year, but it's perfectly acceptable to politically milk one or two isolated incidents of documented immigrants murdering someone?

Can't have it both ways.

I do not have it both ways, MovingPictures. If people want to stand atop people's bodies in order to gin up support for or against particular policies, let them.

We do live in "The ends justify the means" times.....Let's not pretend that Trump is Special, MKay?

On the contrary, Donald Trump is very special. Nothing is off limits, no depth is too dark and dirty, no gutter too low. And those who defend him are living in that same gutter, IMO.

On the contrary, Donald Trump is very special. Nothing is off limits, no depth is too dark and dirty, no gutter too low. And those who defend him are living in that same gutter, IMO.

Trump is a Patriot, and I am proud to join him in rebellion against the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!

The hour is very late.

Many of the people who post here, and many of those who are anti-immigrant descend from ancestors who dragged their kids with them. Maybe we should blame them for the anti-American values they spew on this forum. Perhaps the US would be better off without them.

Why is it an anti-American value to demand that people who wish to emigrate to this country obey the law and emigrate here legally?

It's up to pelosi and schumer's party of no to reopen it

No, it isn't.

The House already passed a budget measure that funded the wall, but even the Republicans in the Senate wouldn't vote for a similar measure.

The GOP has held the House, the Senate, and the White House for two years. Why haven't they already funded Trump's wall? See if you can come up with the answer to that.

And the left put it on front pages and in every prime time MSM news cast - OWN THAT.

They didn't have to. Trump was the one who insisted on televising that meeting live.

Back
Top Bottom