• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump plays Gun owners for Chumps

Haymarket...you would not believe how many guns shows I have been to where dealers said...gotta buy it now before it is banned......or.....you might not get a chance to buy it later

all the while, the prices they were asking were about 40% over normal prices.

The biggest ridiculousness was in bricks of .22 ammo. Normally about $20 before Sandy Hook, then went up to $100 overnight, and then stayed that way for damn near four (4) years. It was not until 2016 until I saw prices drop back down to normal (adjusted for inflation).

I swear, these bans have brought a new type of dealer to the gun shows. A predatory dealer who does their best to fan the fears and profit accordingly. They are not the usual gun shop guys like me, who enjoy shooting and having fun with them. They are only in it to turn a quick profit, and do not even like guns all that much.

I call them "Internet Gun Runners" and "Fear-Mongering Gun Runners".

A few decades back they were hawking beanie babies and cabbage patch dolls.

Thank you for sharing that information about your experiences. I have no doubt you are telling the truth as we have heard other such examples previously. It demonstrates how political ideology driven by paranoia and fear can be wonderful marketing tools.

maybe so but one area where I absolutely believe Cankles is her promise to appoint justices who will overturn heller which means that her court would claim there is no individual right to own any firearm.

Voting based on one issue is narrow minded.

She will be no more of a problem than Obama.

I'm not voting for either one but you have to agree that Sen. Clinton never said you shouldn't vote for ugly people when she looks hideous. Donald Trump did. Imagine that. A man wearing a merkin on his head saying you shouldn't vote for an ugly woman.

"Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNSmilin View Post
Haymarket...you would not believe how many guns shows I have been to where dealers said...gotta buy it now before it is banned......or.....you might not get a chance to buy it later
all the while, the prices they were asking were about 40% over normal prices."

Thank you for sharing that information about your experiences. I have no doubt you are telling the truth as we have heard other such examples previously. It demonstrates how political ideology driven by paranoia and fear can be wonderful marketing tools.

Sorry, but I couldn't help remembering the argument for passing Obamacare without reading it. "If we don't pass it now we'll never have another chance." Wasn't it the lovely Rep. Nancy Pelosi who said, "You can read it after we pass it."

Same thing and we got the inflated prices, too.

The party of the president picks most of the judges. we KNOW that the Democrats will pick gun banners. We don't know who Trump will pick for USSC justices but chances are-we will get the same district court judges that we'd get if Rubio or cruz were president and almost all the same court of appeals judges.

so if you are a gun owner what is the better choice?
I don't know if you can count on this.

Perhaps yeah, if the Senate remains R - but I'd say all bets are off if it goes D.

Trump has flipped on most everything in his life from assault weapons to healthcare. Yeah, maybe his positions evolved; or maybe they haven't, and he's laying out the lines that work at the moment for political expediency? We simply don't know.

I'm not saying those that support expanded gun rights should vote HRC, but I am saying they might not get what they want with Trump either.

The fact that he has been CCW (in NYC of all places) for decades, is a positive sign for gun owners though. That I'll admit.

maybe so but one area where I absolutely believe Cankles is her promise to appoint justices who will overturn heller which means that her court would claim there is no individual right to own any firearm.
Yes, the bolded is the critical legal point for the expansion or contraction of gun rights in America, in terms of going forward in time.

Justice Scalia saw this clearly.

We heard the same thing about Obama.

Turned out that was just the usual scare mongering coming out of those who live on the corner of Paranoia Place and Slippery Slope Street.

Wow, that is SO creative. Did you think that up on your own? :lol:

Just think, people trusted Donald Trump in the Trump University promo video and lost thousands and got bupkus. Just think, people lost over a billion dollars in Donald Trumps managed bankruptcies because they believed him. I'm assuming all three of this wives believed him, too. Those illegal immigrants from Poland believed they were going to get paid by Donald Trump, too.

And now we have Trumpkins believing Donald Trump. Amazing.

Why not try a link NOT from a right wing rag. Jeesh, you people will believe anything, talk about gullable.

How about you post a link, any link, that shows Clinton's support for the 2nd Amendment. You can't do it.

There you go using bull**** need sources again.

Spin again for a real news source.

Post a link, any link, that shows Clinton's support for the 2nd Amendment. I dare ya.

If it meant keeping crooked Hillary out of the White House? Maybe.

I'm sure Hillary would find a way. Executive Orders seem to be the new "thing" to get around that pesky congress.

It's still illegal.

We heard the same thing about Obama.

Turned out that was just the usual scare mongering coming out of those who live on the corner of Paranoia Place and Slippery Slope Street.

Obama is on record for wanting to ban all semiautomatic firearms,supported handgun bans, supported frivolous lawsuits being filed against firearm manufacturers and dealers, pushed for bans on so called assault weapons any time there is a high profile mass shooting and has praised Australia's draconian gun laws. Because he has been unsuccessful in achieving those those things that it is somehow scare-mongering? By your logic as long as a pro-life politician supports keeping abortion legal only to save the life of the mother then he is not anti-abortion or that it is scare mongering to say that politician is trying to take a away a woman's so called right to choose.

Barack Obama on the Issues

• Stricter gun rules, with or without Congress. (Jan 2014)
  • Gun violence victims deserve a vote. (Feb 2013)
  • I believe in 2nd Amendment, but not war weapons on streets. (Oct 2012)
  • Fast-and-Furious: no prosecutions for Mexican gun/drug snafu. (Jun 2012)
  • Midwestern "bitter clingers" frustrated over broken promises. (Aug 2009)
  • Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
  • Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
  • FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
  • April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
  • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
  • 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
  • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
  • Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Wow, that is SO creative. Did you think that up on your own? :lol:

Like how you just blew the comment off instead of adrressing it. How many of your guns did Obama confiscate, or do you believe everything Fuax News tells ya? So, how many guns did he take?

Obama is on record for wanting to ban all semiautomatic firearms,supported handgun bans, supported frivolous lawsuits being filed against firearm manufacturers and dealers, pushed for bans on so called assault weapons any time there is a high profile mass shooting and has praised Australia's draconian gun laws. Because he has been unsuccessful in achieving those those things that it is somehow scare-mongering? By your logic as long as a pro-life politician supports keeping abortion legal only to save the life of the mother then he is not anti-abortion or that it is scare mongering to say that politician is trying to take a away a woman's so called right to choose.

Barack Obama on the Issues

• Stricter gun rules, with or without Congress. (Jan 2014)
  • Gun violence victims deserve a vote. (Feb 2013)
  • I believe in 2nd Amendment, but not war weapons on streets. (Oct 2012)
  • Fast-and-Furious: no prosecutions for Mexican gun/drug snafu. (Jun 2012)
  • Midwestern "bitter clingers" frustrated over broken promises. (Aug 2009)
  • Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
  • Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
  • FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
  • April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
  • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
  • 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
  • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
  • Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Nothing in there says that Obama wants to prevent people from exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Re-interpreting The Constitution isn't legal.

While that is true.But as long as the anti-2nd amendment rats in the supreme court agree with her it will defacto legal. The spineless republicans won't stop her from appointing those rats and will in fact confirm them and they will not impeach those judges for not going by the constitution.

While that is true.But as long as the anti-2nd amendment rats in the supreme court agree with her it will defacto legal. The spineless republicans won't stop her from appointing those rats and will in fact confirm them and they will not impeach those judges for not going by the constitution.

Illegal is illegal. Just because the government gets away with it doesn't make it legal.

Post a link, any link, that shows Clinton's support for the 2nd Amendment. I dare ya.

You are incapable of reading and comprehending, and you are a liar.

I never said that.

Ypu still need yo find real news sources - those morons at Breitbart are a bunch of psychotic liars.

Nothing in there says that Obama wants to prevent people from exercising their Second Amendment rights.

This is why anti-2nd amendment trash are so dishonest.Even in the face of the fact that Obama wants to ban hand guns, all semi-automatic firearms, and supports draconian gun control laws like those in Australia you people still fraudulently claim that he is not trying to prevent anyone from exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

You and I both know that Obama would love the opportunity to eliminate all guns.

Lucky for us that the political and social climate did not allow it to happen.

this should be read by every gun owner who believes that Donald Trump is going to be their champion in the White House and appoint new judges who take the NRA line.

Donald Trump's changing gun positions - CNNPolitics.com

Like many other positions - Trump on the Second Amendment has been all over the map and what he believes depends on when he said it and if he needs people to vote for him.

This is really telling about Trump and how he will say anything to try and get elected - even if it means doing a 180 on his position on certain aspects of gun control.

Apparently you have some evidence of this? Sounds like unmitigated partisanship to me.

Back
Top Bottom