• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Pick for Attorney General to Tell Senate He Would Allow Special Counsel to Finish Investigatio

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...l-counsel-to-finish-investigation-11547479995

William Barr to testify Tuesday that it is ‘vitally important’ Robert Mueller be allowed to complete Russia probe

William Barr, President Trump’s nominee for attorney general, will tell senators during his Tuesday confirmation hearing that it is “vitally important” that special counsel Robert Mueller be allowed to complete his Russia investigation, according to his prepared remarks.

Mr. Barr will tell the Senate Judiciary Committee he respects Mr. Mueller, with whom he worked when he was attorney general in the 1990s, and is confident in the special counsel’s handling of the politically charged probe.
============================================================
That's a relief but we shall see what actually happens here.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...l-counsel-to-finish-investigation-11547479995

William Barr to testify Tuesday that it is ‘vitally important’ Robert Mueller be allowed to complete Russia probe

William Barr, President Trump’s nominee for attorney general, will tell senators during his Tuesday confirmation hearing that it is “vitally important” that special counsel Robert Mueller be allowed to complete his Russia investigation, according to his prepared remarks.

Mr. Barr will tell the Senate Judiciary Committee he respects Mr. Mueller, with whom he worked when he was attorney general in the 1990s, and is confident in the special counsel’s handling of the politically charged probe.

So...let's see what nonsense the Senate Democrats come up with to avoid voting for the guy.

Well that's good. We'll see if he actually plans on allowing it to continue. I'll assume he's being honest here. Good for him. He understands the law and isn't stupid.

So...let's see what nonsense the Senate Democrats come up with to avoid voting for the guy.

Kamala, Booker, Feinstein, and Coons are probably sharpening their talons in anticipation of drilling Barr.

Well that's good. We'll see if he actually plans on allowing it to continue. I'll assume he's being honest here. Good for him. He understands the law and isn't stupid.

Because he has already stated anti-Mueller beliefs in writing, plan on the Senate requiring him to recuse himself on Mueller if he wants to be AG.

Kamala, Booker, Feinstein, and Coons are probably sharpening their talons in anticipation of drilling Barr.

As well they should. I'm sure that Harris, in particular, will understand the myriad loopholes that exist in Barr's proclamation.

What most folks have yet to realize, is that Barr is under no legal obligation to "release" the Mueller Report.

Read this explanation from Lawfare. Substitute Barr wherever Rosenstein is denoted (Rosenstein will be retired by then while Barr will undoubtedly be confirmed).

What to Expect When You’re Expecting a Mueller Report

If he says that in a blanket statement without any kind of qualifiers that should disqualify him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sure, let him finish, it's only been a few years. But, let's put a leash on that, as in, wrap it up. And, the AG can then look at it and decide if he's going to do anything with it.

I would also like to see Barr pledge that he will accept the recommendations of the DOJ's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) in regard to his fitness to oversee Mueller's investigation should it have any.

Hey Jacksin, I have an HONEST actual questions. you stated "Thats a relief"

In all Fairness, HAS a SINGLE TRUMP appointee in relation to the Mueller investigation to include TRUMP himself EVER directly STATE that he would shut Down Mueller?

TRUMP has baited the press on repeated attempts about "Considering his lawful powers" BUT he has NEVER stated form my understanding that he WILL Shut down Mueller.
Sessions was Recused so no dice
Rosenstien even by the Directive of TRUMP has not indicated that he would shut down Mueller
Acting AG Whitaker has Never made a statement as the Acting AG that he would Shut down Mueller (Sure had an OP-ED, but not as the Acting AG)
Now William BAR.

SO in all fairness.... Why does ANYONE actually feel that Mueller is any Jeopardy of being shut down its been like 1+ years already.... There was NEVER even a single action to indicate such. SO Why is there a sense of relief? Mueller has never been in jeopardy from my stand point as I have NEVER seen an opponent even show a slight action to shut him down. ONLY the News MEDIA has in-sighted false hopes that Trump or anyone associated to Trump would try to shut Mueller down?

*edit*

With that if Trump touched Mueller in any way thats Political Suicide. I can almost guarantee 100% if he shut down Mueller, He would NOT get re-elected period.

What are you guys afraid of? Even the demands by House and Senate Democrats to protect Mueller through legislation... Seriously was Mueller in actual jeopardy?

Hey Jacksin, I have an HONEST actual questions. you stated "Thats a relief"

In all Fairness, HAS a SINGLE TRUMP appointee in relation to the Mueller investigation to include TRUMP himself EVER directly STATE that he would shut Down Mueller?

TRUMP has baited the press on repeated attempts about "Considering his lawful powers" BUT he has NEVER stated form my understanding that he WILL Shut down Mueller.
Sessions was Recused so no dice
Rosenstien even by the Directive of TRUMP has not indicated that he would shut down Mueller
Acting AG Whitaker has Never made a statement as the Acting AG that he would Shut down Mueller (Sure had an OP-ED, but not as the Acting AG)
Now William BAR.

SO in all fairness.... Why does ANYONE actually feel that Mueller is any Jeopardy of being shut down its been like 1+ years already.... There was NEVER even a single action to indicate such. SO Why is there a sense of relief? Mueller has never been in jeopardy from my stand point as I have NEVER seen an opponent even show a slight action to shut him down. ONLY the News MEDIA has in-sighted false hopes that Trump or anyone associated to Trump would try to shut Mueller down?

*edit*

With that if Trump touched Mueller in any way thats Political Suicide. I can almost guarantee 100% if he shut down Mueller, He would NOT get re-elected period.

What are you guys afraid of? Even the demands by House and Senate Democrats to protect Mueller through legislation... Seriously was Mueller in actual jeopardy?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-18/trump-says-he-wouldn-t-overrule-whitaker-if-he-limits-mueller

"Trump Says He Won't Overrule Whitaker If He Limits Mueller"

President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t stop acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker if he curtails special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible collusion by Trump campaign officials with Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"It’s going to be up to him,” Trump said when anchor Chris Wallace asked about the scenario in a “Fox News Sunday” interview. “I think he’s astute politically. He’s a very smart person.”
Whitaker has been a critic of the special counsel’s probe. Trump, who has regularly blasted Mueller’s investigation as a “witch hunt,” fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Nov. 7 and named Whitaker acting attorney general.

Pressed a second time on whether he would overrule Whitaker if he placed limits on Mueller’s investigation, Trump responded, “I would not get involved.”

I would say that a bipartisan Senatorial sponsored bill to protect Mueller indicates that there are people on both sides of the aisle whom are concerned about Mueller possibly being in jeopardy as you can't really put anything past this President.

What most folks have yet to realize, is that Barr is under no legal obligation to "release" the Mueller Report.
Entirely true, BUT Mueller can be asked to testify before Congress and if there is incriminatory evidence that may come out.

Maybe Corny Bonkers will do another Spartacus moment. The late-night guys need some new material.

Maybe Corny Bonkers will do another Spartacus moment. The late-night guys need some new material.

Corry-Booker-600x413.jpg

What kind of jerk actually says it's a "Spartacus moment"? Tells you all you need to know about Booker.

That, and what really did it for me was how this raging narcissist, Cory Bonkers, went after Kirstjen Nielsen.

Actually, that's expected. Most conservatives want the investigation to complete - to press charges if warranted or to issue the findings otherwise. The problem is the extreme left which doesn't want it to wrap up ever.

Actually, that's expected. Most conservatives want the investigation to complete - to press charges if warranted or to issue the findings otherwise. The problem is the extreme left which doesn't want it to wrap up ever.

Agree that the extreme left and other Trump haters don't want it to wrap up but I am thinking it is more like until the 2020 elections are over.
The longer they gain drag out this Putin crap the more likely this helps them at the polls. Voters really are stupid.

What kind of jerk actually says it's a "Spartacus moment"? Tells you all you need to know about Booker.

He was looking for a way to get himself on the news to impress his constituents. Obviously it failed miserably, since all he did was make himself look like an ass.

Considering the investigation is all but done, I doubt 'finishing' will be too much a concern.

Agree that the extreme left and other Trump haters don't want it to wrap up but I am thinking it is more like until the 2020 elections are over.
The longer they gain drag out this Putin crap the more likely this helps them at the polls. Voters really are stupid.

You need to confer better with your right wing buddies because all of them have been saying liberals want it over NOW NOW NOW

And the new AG has the authority to say when the investigation is "finished".

Read this explanation from Lawfare. Substitute Barr wherever Rosenstein is denoted (Rosenstein will be retired by then while Barr will undoubtedly be confirmed).

What to Expect When You’re Expecting a Mueller Report

If all Mueller does is issue a report, then he has nothing. If he had anything real, he and Rosenstein will hold a press conference and announce it. Rosenstein et. al. are in desperate need of some cover.

Back
Top Bottom