• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: People of faith led ‘abolition of civil rights’

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Wow, just wow. What a ****ing genius.:lamo

He’s got a great brain.

Wow, just wow. What a ****ing genius.:lamo

Trump, on Tuesday: "When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe."

Trump, today: Praises the "abolition of civil rights."

What a ****tard.

" ... from gaining our independence, to abolition, of civil rights, to extending the vote ... "

There was a comma after "abolition."

However, he was wrong to say American independence was led by people of faith.

In any case -- interesting how one possible minor glitch was selected out of a long speech that was generally delivered skillfully. THAT is what I mean when I said you are helping him win re-election. Picking on every little thing makes you look like angry dopes.

img.jpg

;)

" ... from gaining our independence, to abolition, of civil rights, to extending the vote ... "

In any case -- interesting how one possible minor glitch was selected out of a long speech that was generally delivered skillfully. THAT is what I mean when I said you are helping him win re-election. Picking on every little thing makes you look like angry dopes.

Ahhhhh NO.

This wasn't the STOU. It was The National Prayer Breakfast. That makes the irony even more delicious. The only thing dumber than Trump himself are those that defend him.

Watch the clip, it's not a comma, it's a PAUSE.
So either he's saying he supports abolition of civil rights or he's saying that he's barely capable of reading a line off a screen and he isn't even paying any attention to what he's spewing.

They could have typed in "to anal rights for children" and I bet Trump would have read it exactly the same.

Watch the clip, it's not a comma, it's a PAUSE.
So either he's saying he supports abolition of civil rights or he's saying that he's barely capable of reading a line off a screen and he isn't even paying any attention to what he's spewing.

They could have typed in "to anal rights for children" and I bet Trump would have read it exactly the same.

This was not at the STOU. It was the National Prayer Breakfast. Which makes it even funnier.

Something wrong with a true statement?

Wow, really? You do realize he said this at the Prayer Breakfast? You may want to look up the word abolition.

This was not at the STOU. It was the National Prayer Breakfast. Which makes it even funnier.

Considering who that Prayer Breakfast group really is, I wager more than a few of them just sat and nodded to each other.

I'd agree with this point if Trump wasn't a braggart. However, when you say you know everything and are the best at everything etc., you set yourself up for people to find flaws. The problem with the argument of Trump winning re-election because he's perceived as a victim is it applicable to his core base. Where he will be at a disadvantage is with the majority of independent voters who voted for him because they disliked Hillary more; support for him in that group has declined. I've been familiar with Trump for decades because I'm a native NYer, and he's always had an interesting public image; mostly viewed in a negative light because of his ill treatment of others and boorish behavior.

Last edited:
i wonder if anyone has ever told him to stop doing that circle thing with his hand. it makes him look even more like a doofus.

Sorta' like the 'glitch' when he said he saw no reason why russia would interfere in our elections. I love the contortions the right goes through trying to defend the indefensible.

I'd agree with this point if Trump wasn't a braggart. However, when you say you know everything and are the best at everything etc., you set yourself up for people to find flaws. The problem with the argument of Trump winning re-election because he's perceived as a victim is it applicable to his core base. Where he will be at a disadvantage is with the majority of independent voters who voted for him because they disliked Hillary more; support for him in that group has declined. I've been familiar with Trump for decades because I'm a native NYer, and he's always had an interesting public image; mostly viewed in a negative light because of his ill treatment of others and boorish behavior.

There are plenty of things to criticize about Trump. Why not stick to important things (like his hair, for example), rather than picking on tiny mistakes?

Back
Top Bottom