• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Peace Plan

NO1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump'''s peace plan: 2 states with settlement recognition
Trump's 80-page peace plan calls for Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as capital; major Jewish settlement blocs in West Bank to remain under Israeli control; Palestinian recognition of Israel as a Jewish state; demilitarization of Hamas in Gaza
EPY16vpW4AIYXpT.jpg

According the reports, the first phase of the plan will be in the next days when Bibi will announce the annextion of the Jordan valley and Ma'ale Adumim.

As peace plan rolls out, Netanyahu says he will annex Jordan Valley, settlements | The Times of Israel
At the same time Israel will apply its laws to the Jordan Valley, to all the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria and to other areas that your plan designates as part of Israel and which the United States has agreed to recognize as part of Israel.
If Bibi will annex the Jordan valley, Jordan will probably cancel the peace contract with Israel. Anyway the AG will examine it due to the political situation, so he have the last word.

As peace plan rolls out, Netanyahu says he will annex Jordan Valley, settlements | The Times of Israel

If Bibi will annex the Jordan valley, Jordan will probably cancel the peace contract with Israel. Anyway the AG will examine it due to the political situation, so he have the last word.
maybe considering the whole thing as practically dead from the getgo is the reason why Jordan hasn't said anything so far?

At least I haven't heard anything yet.

OTH I could understand Amman not caring much about a territory that's been gone to them since '67 (not being theirs anyway until taking it in '48) and just not wanting to say so publicly.

maybe considering the whole thing as practically dead from the getgo is the reason why Jordan hasn't said anything so far?

At least I haven't heard anything yet.

OTH I could understand Amman not caring much about a territory that's been gone to them since '67 (not being theirs anyway until taking it in '48) and just not wanting to say so publicly.
There are millions of palestinians in Jordan so I guess we will hear from Jordan soon.

There are millions of palestinians in Jordan so I guess we will hear from Jordan soon.
Not with any claim to the West Bank, seeing how it gave that up in '88.

And 1970 is still not forgotten there either.

But we'll have to see what Bibi actually does.

Palestinian leader rejects Trump peace plan with '''a thousand no'''s'''
"After the nonsense that we heard today we say a thousand no's to the deal of the century," Abbas said at a press conference in the West Bank city of Ramallah
"I say to Trump and Netanyahu: Jerusalem is not for sale, all our rights are not for sale and are not for bargain. And your deal, the conspiracy, will not pass,"
Abbas reject the plan, no surprise here. He also rejected Olmert offer which gave the palestinians 94% of judea and samaria.

Not with any claim to the West Bank, seeing how it gave that up in '88.

And 1970 is still not forgotten there either.

But we'll have to see what Bibi actually does.
True but the Jordanian king have to pay lip service to relax the palestinians in his country.
I believe Bibi will try to annex the Valley to use it for his election campaign and also to calm down Bennett and his friends. Bibi relay on the palestinian rejectionism to get the maximun from the deal while avoiding establishing a palestinian country.

I wonder how the “man on the street” Palestinian feels about it.
There were a few hundreds palestinians which gathered in Ramallah and burn tires...

True but the Jordanian king have to pay lip service to relax the palestinians in his country.
I believe Bibi will try to annex the Valley to use it for his election campaign and also to calm down Bennett and his friends. Bibi relay on the palestinian rejectionism to get the maximun from the deal while avoiding establishing a palestinian country.
My perception (the bolded) exactly.

Like, to paraphrase Don Vito (Corleone), "I'll make them an offer that they MUST refuse".

I believe the plan reflects Trump's and Netanyahu's assessment that the Palestinians have no leverage and no other choices.

the so called deal of the century was highly offensive thy didn't involve the Palestinians, it means no land borders with any other country , lose 40% of it's internationally recognised 1967 borders, their territory they control will be enclaves, not allowed to have their own army etc in effect Israel will still control it ... lose it's capital East Jerusalem ... it's basically given Israel the green light to annex the occupied areas of the West Bank ... no wonder Netanyahu was so pleased standing beside his fellow corrupt scoundrel the floating fat man ... apparently Israelis army intends to annex the territories it claims in the west bank on Sunday if this happens the International community must do more than condemn Israel they must hammer them with sanctions

They need to let the Jews have their last piece of land they have left.
The international community needs to relocate the arabs.

Rejectionism? Why wouldn't the Palestinians reject a wholly one-sided 'plan' with pre-conditions they already previously rejected as unacceptable?

Trump Releases Mideast Peace Plan That Strongly Favors Israel - The New York Times

Editorial: Trump'''s Middle East peace plan is dead in the water - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
I find it amazing that Trump has no issues giving aid to Israel and helping it in this "peace plan" when it's PM is up on corruption charges. I thought Trump was a corruption fighter?

The Palestinians were their before the Jews were given the land by america by putting pressure on Britain to do so as it had the bulk of the Arabs lands as a mandate after the fall of the Ottoman Empire ... their were very few Jews living in Palestine pre 1922 and when Palestine was split into two countries Israel and Jordan to appease the powerful Jewish lobby in the USA

The Palestinians were their before the Jews were given the land by america by putting pressure on Britain to do so as it had the bulk of the Arabs lands as a mandate after the fall of the Ottoman Empire ... their were very few Jews living in Palestine pre 1922 and when Palestine was split into two countries Israel and Jordan to appease the powerful Jewish lobby in the USA

What in the actual ... American Jewish lobby? In the 1920s? Pressuring Great Britain?

What kind of ahistorical nonsense is that?

You speak as if the Israelis are losing land to the Palestinians. In fact it's the reverse; the Israelis have been gradually encroaching on Arab land for decades, and that is just one reason why this 'plan' is dead in the water. Israel will not cease building illegal settlements, Netanyahu has been very clear on this.

Well, let's hope Trump's peace plan works.

It sure would solve a lot of Middle East problems if it did.

the so called deal of the century was highly offensive thy didn't involve the Palestinians, it means no land borders with any other country , lose 40% of it's internationally recognised 1967 borders, their territory they control will be enclaves, not allowed to have their own army etc in effect Israel will still control it ... lose it's capital East Jerusalem ... it's basically given Israel the green light to annex the occupied areas of the West Bank ... no wonder Netanyahu was so pleased standing beside his fellow corrupt scoundrel the floating fat man ... apparently Israelis army intends to annex the territories it claims in the west bank on Sunday if this happens the International community must do more than condemn Israel they must hammer them with sanctions
Abbas also rejected Olmert offer which gave the palestinians 94% of the WB and 6% in land exchange...

The history of Jews in Israel goes millenniums back.
The palestinians arabs at 1922 saw themselves as part of big Syria.

Cause rejection this time will have consequences.
Right. Until now Abbas just waited for new peace offers from Israel so he could reject it and get a better deal next time, these days are over.

Back
Top Bottom