• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump passes Romney's popular vote total, will break Republican record...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
With his five blowout wins Tuesday night, Donald Trump has passed Mitt Romney’s popular vote total from four years ago and is on a trajectory that could land him more Republican votes than any presidential candidate in modern history – by a lot.

Trump surged to more than 10 million votes, according to totals that include Tuesday’s preliminary results across the Northeast. That’s already about 250,000 more than Romney earned in the entire 2012 primary season and 153,000 more than John McCain earned in 2008.

More significantly, Trump is positioned to easily pass the modern record-holder, George W. Bush, who collected 10.8 million votes in 2000.

Trump passes Romney’s popular vote total, likely to break GOP record - POLITICO

With his five blowout wins Tuesday night, Donald Trump has passed Mitt Romney’s popular vote total from four years ago and is on a trajectory that could land him more Republican votes than any presidential candidate in modern history – by a lot.

Trump surged to more than 10 million votes, according to totals that include Tuesday’s preliminary results across the Northeast. That’s already about 250,000 more than Romney earned in the entire 2012 primary season and 153,000 more than John McCain earned in 2008.

More significantly, Trump is positioned to easily pass the modern record-holder, George W. Bush, who collected 10.8 million votes in 2000.

We haven't had a competitive primary last this long in recent history. Competitive primaries mean more people voting in them. And they have little to no correlation with the eventual general election. So I fail to see why you made this and your last several threads on the topic.

Interesting, there's way more rednecks and sociopaths out there than I thought.

We haven't had a competitive primary last this long in recent history. Competitive primaries mean more people voting in them. And they have little to no correlation with the eventual general election. So I fail to see why you made this and your last several threads on the topic.

I think they have a huge correlation....and Trump may just stomp Hillary to the curb!

Interesting, there's way more rednecks and sociopaths out there than I thought.

Nothing wrong with some rednecks....they have more common sense than a lot of edjeeeecated morons. I mean, just look at all the supposedly edjeeeecated people voting for Hillary.

Talk about sociopath....that fits Hillary voters to a tee! "No conscience"......no matter what she has done in the past from Watergate lying, to Vince Foster, to White Water, to the WH mail room scandal, to Benghazi.....all ignored.

Last edited:

And, yet, he still will probably not be the nominee. :lol:

Nothing wrong with some rednecks....they have more common sense than a lot of edjeeeecated morons. I mean, just look at all the supposedly edjeeeecated people voting for Hillary.

Talk about sociopath....that fits Hillary voters to a tee! "No conscience"......no matter what she has done in the past from Watergate lying, to Vince Foster, to White Water, to the WH mail room scandal, to Benghazi.....all ignored.

Trump appeals to white supremacists and constipated folks sitting in their lazy-boys yelling at their Televisions. He brings entertainment to those with no lives.

And, yet, he still will probably not be the nominee. :lol:

I bet he will............

They haven't in the past: Primary Turnout Means Nothing For The General Election | FiveThirtyEight

Why would it be different this time?

Because the pundits have been wrong all along about Trump. And as Gingrich says..."Get over it"

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says that Donald Trump's five big wins Tuesday night mean the only thing left for establishment Republicans to do is to "get over it" and accept that Trump will be the GOP nominee.

"You see the momentum building here," Gingrich said on Fox News Tuesday night. "I think it'd be very, very hard, virtually impossible, to stop him from winning the nomination at this point."
Gingrich to GOP establishment: 'Get over it' | Washington Examiner

Trump appeals to white supremacists and constipated folks sitting in their lazy-boys yelling at their Televisions. He brings entertainment to those with no lives.

Absolute malarky! He appeals to people with common sense and morality, who love America, and have had enough of progressive assholes and Communists!

Polls show Clinton beating Trump by 8.5 %.

Check it out here: RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

If Trump makes it to the general election he'll lose.

:lol:

And the pundits have been wrong about Trump since last August.......they are starting to remind me of Pavlov's dog.

Come back and tell us all about it after the election.

If it happens, I certainly will...rest assured!

Because the pundits have been wrong all along about Trump. And as Gingrich says..."Get over it"

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says that Donald Trump's five big wins Tuesday night mean the only thing left for establishment Republicans to do is to "get over it" and accept that Trump will be the GOP nominee.

"You see the momentum building here," Gingrich said on Fox News Tuesday night. "I think it'd be very, very hard, virtually impossible, to stop him from winning the nomination at this point."

And Gingrich is probably right that he'll be the nominee. What does that have to do with primary turnout affecting the general election or him crushing Hillary?

I bet he will............

Absolute malarky! He appeals to people with common sense and morality, who love America, and have had enough of progressive assholes and Communists!

And the pundits have been wrong about Trump since last August.......they are starting to remind me of Pavlov's dog.

If it happens, I certainly will...rest assured!

Take a peek on Stormfront. They're goo goo over Trump. I wouldn't describe that crowd as"moral" and having "common sense"

When a candidate sets an historic record, of any sort, it's generally a big deal. Why do you have such a problem with that?

You need to follow along a bit more than that. Last night he won big with the gold standard for liberal elitists - the highly educated college graduates.

When a candidate sets an historic record, of any sort, it's generally a big deal. Why do you have such a problem with that?

I don't have a problem with that. Although, with the fact that our population keeps growing and that this is the longest competitive primary we've had in years, it's just kind of a meaningless record.

And Gingrich is probably right that he'll be the nominee. What does that have to do with primary turnout affecting the general election or him crushing Hillary?

Primary turnout reflects excitement and the size of the voter pool. If the candidate can get those people to the polls in the general it makes a huge difference.

Somehow setting Gov Romney as the bar for a Presidential campaign's success, does not seem to be a good idea.

But yeah, Trump feeds on something big here and likely will get the nomination now (if he competes well in Indiana and subsequently California), and might even go all the way to the White House.

Primary turnout reflects excitement and the size of the voter pool. If the candidate can get those people to the polls in the general it makes a huge difference.

No it doesn't. It's not correlated with general election results at all. It reflects how competitive a primary is.

I don't have a problem with that. Although, with the fact that our population keeps growing and that this is the longest competitive primary we've had in years, it's just kind of a meaningless record.

Except it's not. Yes, our population is growing, but getting voters to the polls has been increasingly difficult over the decades.

And yeah you do, at least from what you've been posting here.

No it doesn't. It's not correlated with general election results at all. It reflects how competitive a primary is.

And so, if Trump v Hillary gets more people to the polls than ever before that's another record of note set.

Except it's not. Yes, our population is growing, but getting voters to the polls has been increasingly difficult over the decades.

No it hasn't. Turnout has been up our last few elections.

And so, if Trump v Hillary gets more people to the polls than ever before that's another record of note set.

Sure. If that happens it'll be a record of note. But because this is the most competitive primary we've had in decades, Trump setting the record for number of votes is pretty meaningless.

You need to follow along a bit more than that. Last night he won big with the gold standard for liberal elitists - the highly educated college graduates.

It's a chess game, they're helping nail down Hilary's seat in the WH.

Sure. If that happens it'll be a record of note. But because this is the most competitive primary we've had in decades, Trump setting the record for number of votes is pretty meaningless.

And we all know why you are taking that position.

Back
Top Bottom