• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump ousts Tillerson, will replace him as secretary of state with CIA chief Pompeo

Winchester

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Trump ousts Tillerson, will replace him as secretary of state with CIA chief Pompeo

article said:
President Trump has ousted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, orchestrating a major change to his national security team amid delicate negotiations with North Korea, White House officials said Tuesday.

Trump last Friday asked Tillerson to step aside, and the embattled top diplomat cut short his trip to Africa on Monday to return to Washington.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.0b41c26295cd

I must say even though I knew it would come at some point, I was caught a little off guard by the abruptness of this.

Re: Tillerson Out

lol, oh wait I just did a search on Tillerson to see if I could find out more.

Tillerson says U.K. spy poisoning ‘clearly’ came from Russia

article said:
ABOARD A U.S. GOVERNMENT AIRCRAFT — Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the poisoning of an ex-spy and his daughter with a military-grade nerve agent in the U.K. is “a really egregious act” that appears to have “clearly” come from Russia.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tillerson-says-u-k-spy-poisoning-clearly-came-russia-n856056

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.0b41c26295cd

I must say even though I knew it would come at some point, I was caught a little off guard by the abruptness of this.

He was going to leave this spring anyway.

He just had to stick it out a year to get his tens of millions of dollars in tax deferrals.

It’s not like he was acting like a real SoS. Trump meeting with Kim, Ivanka meeting with S. Korea, Jared meeting with Mexico and Israel despite not having security clearances...

He’s a sad figure in history.

It looks true.

Yep tillerson is out. Exxon pulled out of the oil deal with Rosneft, and congress made it impossible for him to lift the sanctions against Russia. so, it's pointless for him to be there. The whole point of him being there was to lift sanctions on Russia to benefit Exxon.

He was going to leave this spring anyway.

He just had to stick it out a year to get his tens of millions of dollars in tax deferrals.

It’s not like he was acting like a real SoS. Trump meeting with Kim, Ivanka meeting with S. Korea, Jared meeting with Mexico and Israel despite not having security clearances...

He’s a sad figure in history.

It's not like Mike Pompeo will be any better.

Holy ****! I just saw this. I'm speechless. Holy ****. I mean, HOLY ****.

Judas Priest, calm down. Do you need a fainting couch?:roll:

This isn't surprising to anyone who took "Noticing" in high school.

I feel very positive that we now have ex-CIA Director Mike Pompeo as SoS as Trump and NoKo meet (hopefully this will come to fruition) and we tackle other pressing world and national issues which Pompeo is better suited for.

First woman to head the CIA, Gina Haspel.

I wonder if she's one of those women who doesn't know her own voice??;)

Dropping like flies these days.

The bloodletting continues.

"I only pick the best."

Judas Priest, calm down. Do you need a fainting couch?:roll:

This isn't surprising to anyone who took "Noticing" in high school.

I feel very positive that we now have ex-CIA Director Mike Pompeo as SoS as Trump and NoKo meet (hopefully this will come to fruition) and we tackle other pressing world and national issues which Pompeo is better suited for.

Funny how your side fails to notice all these irregularities and weaknesses of this regime. Sure we knew this was coming, but a competent administation would never have been such a mess to begin with, and if this is in any way good news it is not by design, but by the fact that the adfministration is a constant state of chaos, how do you consistently fail to notice that? Did y'all all of a sudden decide to take lying Trump for accurate on that point? Did you fail to notice in the Orange dumbasses world it's all about false fronts and bravado, and the reality is something quite different?

Holy ****! I just saw this. I'm speechless. Holy ****. I mean, HOLY ****.

It's been rumored for a while, but I didn't believe the rumors either.

Funny how your side fails to notice all these irregularities and weaknesses of this regime. Sure we knew this was coming, but a competent administation would never have been such a mess to begin with, and if this is in any way good news it is not by design, but by the fact that the adfministration is a constant state of chaos, how do you consistently fail to notice that? Did y'all all of a sudden decide to take lying Trump for accurate on that point? Did you fail to notice in the Orange dumbasses world it's all about false fronts and bravado, and the reality is something quite different?

"My side" isn't prone to hysteria and catastrophizing, and I seem to recall the wailing and gnashing of teeth when Trump appointed Tillerson, so what do you do when he's replaced with someone who has a very strong resume for the job?
Wail and gnash your teeth.
Ugh.

New things to focus on. New phase. New people better suited to affect change and accomplish goals.

Get a grip...or some meds folks!

Umm...okay? What does that have to do with this?

Oh, please, you know why this is germane. If Obama appointed the first female CIA Director, liberals and progressives would be singing his praises and preening over his pro-woman agenda.

Guess we’ll now never get to see that IQ test showdown between the two of them.

"My side" isn't prone to hysteria and catastrophizing, and I seem to recall the wailing and gnashing of teeth when Trump appointed Tillerson, so what do you do when he's replaced with someone who has a very strong resume for the job?
Wail and gnash your teeth.
Ugh.

New things to focus on. New phase. New people better suited to affect change and accomplish goals.

Get a grip...or some meds folks!

I seem to recall your side saying Rex Tillerson wasn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom