• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: "Our doctors get more money if someone dies of COVID"

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The doctors who saved him probably regret it now. Just when you thought he couldn't sink any lower he finds a way.

Instead of taking responsibility for his bad record on coronavirus, he claims doctors are lying for money. Everyone is a liar except Donald.

Here is the actual excess death rate statistics. No, we're not doing better than Germany.

How do conservatives who always complain about Soviet-style governments live with the fact that their government is lying to them just like the Soviets did during Chernobyl or China did during the pandemic?

Please, please, PLEASE get here, November 3rd! I'm begging! Please get here quickly, November 3rd! I'm even willing to skip November 1 and 2 if that's what it takes! But please, I'm begging!

Forget November 3rd. I want the US and the world to get to January 20th, 2021 relatively unscathed.

It boils my blood. Keep in mind that the doctors he is slandering are the same ones who saved his miserable life.
There is a lot of misinformation about hospitals getting more money for COVID-19 cases, treatments chosen, etc. Most people do not seem to realize that while they get more money, it is because those treatments, testing, etc. cost more money to provide to patients. It is not as if these hospitals and doctors are profiting from COVID-19; those figures are based on the costs of treatment and lab work.

The doctors who saved him probably regret it now. Just when you thought he couldn't sink any lower he finds a way.

Instead of taking responsibility for his bad record on coronavirus, he claims doctors are lying for money. Everyone is a liar except Donald.

Here is the actual excess death rate statistics. No, we're not doing better than Germany.

How do conservatives who always complain about Soviet-style governments live with the fact that their government is lying to them just like the Soviets did during Chernobyl or China did during the pandemic?

This is an old lie, those I know that work in the medical field were all disgusted as I was. And no, there is no Low too Low for trump.
Maybe someone should remind him that those greedy hospitals saved his fat arse.

It is sad watching this moron stop at nothing for attention and praise. Please stop your super spreader events

Trump is the worst con man ever.

But he did learn the Rush/Sean way to con the Republican base so I guess that makes him a decent con man. Or copycat.

If the truth upsets you, the problem lies with you, not with the truth.

I posted the actual data. Your cult leader is just making stuff up.

Do you have data from real scientists to post or is it just "my cult leader is always right?"
Hospitals get paid more for diagnosing COVID. That's a fact. If you don't like it, maybe you should oppose the underlying practice rather than Trump pointing it out.

Hospitals get paid more for diagnosing COVID. That's a fact. If you don't like it, maybe you should oppose the underlying practice rather than Trump pointing it out.

GO ahead and show which diagnosis were incorrect then? Shouldn't be that hard for a scholar like you right? Be specific. Let's see it.

But Trump is claiming that hospitals are inflating the death rate here. He is claiming that doctors are claiming someone died of COVID when they died of something else.

Yet based on the data, there are a lot more deaths this year than the same time last year. That called excess death. Can you guess where these extra deaths are coming from?

Now if you compare our excess death to Germany we have more not less like Trump claimed.

If the data is beyond your ability to comprehend then you should admit that. But the data is clear. Trump is a liar. The government (Trump) is lying to you just like the Soviets did. But you love it.

But Trump is claiming that hospitals are inflating the death rate here. He is claiming that doctors are claiming someone died of COVID when they died of something else.
There have been documented cases of vehicular deaths being listed as COVID deaths. When the government subsidizes something it's going to be inflated.

Yet based on the data, there are a lot more deaths this year than the same time last year. That called excess death. Can you guess where these extra deaths are coming from?
Suicide? Drug overdose? Black people gunned down by racist klansmen police officers? You tell me.

The government (Trump) is lying to you just like the Soviets did.
Equating a figurehead with "the government" is a sign you don't understand how Washington works.

Granted, the real government lies frequently (claiming that masks don't work, for instance), so the comparison is not wrong.

There is a lot of misinformation about hospitals getting more money for COVID-19 cases, treatments chosen, etc. Most people do not seem to realize that while they get more money, it is because those treatments, testing, etc. cost more money to provide to patients. It is not as if these hospitals and doctors are profiting from COVID-19; those figures are based on the costs of treatment and lab work.
It was reported today that since Covid-19 became serious, Hospitals in general have lost upwards of 400 billion dollars. That's right, it's billion with a 'B'. They have had to cancel elective surgery's, a significant part of their income.

Trump is just a lying moron who must be sued for every penny he has.

It boils my blood. Keep in mind that the doctors he is slandering are the same ones who saved his miserable life.
As disgusting and sewer-level as his disregard for the truth is, more troubling is the number of people in the country that not only believe him, but then justify it. It cant all be blind bias and stupidity...can it?

trump is the lowest form of life! I wonder how many doctors are going to start receiving death threats from trump supporters like Dr. Fauci's family is dealing with right now. trump will scorch the entire earth if that's what he thinks it will take to win.

Trump is probably correct ........ thanks to deregulation.

Trump is probably correct ........ thanks to deregulation.
Oh, this should be good!

Would you please explain that theory? How "deregulation" can turn medical professionals into crooks all over the country?

Thanks so much!

Deregulation = No more protection from the greedy .......... no more protection from unethical manufacturers and bankers and corporate farmers and from herbicides and pesticides and no more clean water
protection and no more building codes and no protection from Mal practice and it goes on and on and on .....

Deregulation is hardly safe .......

I do not dismiss the "fact" that hospitals and doctors get more money for Covid-19 cases. They do get more money.

Nonetheless, doing so opens several negative doors because if it is proven they do that, they will lose their licenses and ability to be in business or practicing. In addition, doing that means they are themselves taking away the most lucrative income, which is from elective surgery. I do not see this happening on a big way. Some cases are likely to be misdiagnosed whether it be on purpose or not but not enough cases as to make a difference in the large amount of cases being seen. Yesterday was the #1 biggest day in the U.S since the pandemic began of reported Covid-19 cases (101.461 cases). Each day the last 4 days have been more than the previous day. The previous highest day was on July 24 with 79,037 (25% increase).

They don't pay extra for reported cases, meaning that in effect the pandemic is expanding.

As far as the hospitals and doctors misreporting the reason for the deaths, if this was happening in a big way, then the number of deaths expected from those other diseases and or reasons for deaths would be dropping considerably, wouldn't they? Well, that has not been the case. The number of deaths expected from other reasons has not dropped. Here is a link that shows the expectations and actual numbers reported and there has been no unexpected down draft in deaths from other reasons.

As such, Trumps statement that this is happening is pure speculation on his part and is not based on any hard facts. It is absolutely done with the intention of misrepresenting facts for his own personal benefit. It is disgusting and goes to show what a bad person he is and even worse as a president.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom