• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump orders rapid withdrawal from Syria in apparent reversal

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Looks like Putin snapped his fingers again and made trump his bitch yet again...

Planning is underway for a "full" and "rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Syria, a US defense official told CNN Wednesday.

The decision, which would be a reversal from previously stated US policy, was made by President Donald Trump, who has long signaled his desire to get out of Syria, the official added. On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."​

Looks like Putin snapped his fingers again and made trump his bitch yet again...

Planning is underway for a "full" and "rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Syria, a US defense official told CNN Wednesday.

The decision, which would be a reversal from previously stated US policy, was made by President Donald Trump, who has long signaled his desire to get out of Syria, the official added. On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."​

Putin's little bitch pays tribute yet again.

We are no longer a free nation.

With the US withdrawal, Trump has strategically ceded Syria to Assad, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

Guaranteed, this short-sighted decision is going to bite the US in the ass down the road.

Putin's little bitch pays tribute yet again.

We are no longer a free nation.
After we killed more than 200 Russian mercenaries and wiped out ISIS in Syria remind me again exactly why we should risk American sons blood?

Looks like Putin snapped his fingers

Looks like TRump has given away southeast Asia, Europe and the middle east.... so far.

The 25th Amendment is overdo.

After we killed more than 200 Russian mercenaries and wiped out ISIS in Syria remind me again exactly why we should risk American sons blood?

Cut and run has never worked.

With the US withdrawal, Trump has strategically ceded Syria to Assad, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

Guaranteed, this short-sighted decision is going to bite the US in the ass down the road.

Yes after the U.S did all the heavy lifting in defeating ISIS with the help of the Kurds, Putin and Assad have declared victory and the Kurds will be exterminated. No one will make the mistake of trusting us again.

Hurry up Putin, squeeze as much out of him because we're gonna snip that connection pretty soon!

I was gonna ask if you care about Kurds getting slaughtered and then I realized I already knew the answer.

LOL Our military respect the Kurds and believe they should be protected. Those mercenaries were sent to wipe them out. When we withdraw there will be no one left to protect them. You think we should be a party to genocide?

I didn't like us being on the ground in there at all, but this is likely to create a wild-west free for all for the remaining groups. Very bad for Syrian non-combatants.

The vaccuum will be filled. With blood...

President Trump's troop withdrawal from Syria a 'huge' mistake: Senator Lindsey Graham

lindsey-graham-ap-jt-180929_hpMain_16x9_992-480x270.jpg

12/19/18
President Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria has drawn the ire of a usual ally: Lindsey Graham. The Republican senator from South Carolina first blasted Trump on Twitter, writing that the withdrawal of the roughly 2,000 U.S. troops in Syria "would be a huge Obama-like mistake." In a statement, Graham expanded upon his tweet, writing. "While American patience in confronting radical Islam may wane, the radical Islamists’ passion to kill Americans and our allies never wavers." He added, "An American withdrawal at this time would be a big win for ISIS, Iran, Bashar al Assad of Syria, and Russia. I fear it will lead to devastating consequences for our nation, the region, and throughout the world." Graham tweeted that declaring victory over ISIS is premature: "With all due respect, ISIS is not defeated in Syria, Iraq, and after just returning from visiting there--certainly not Afghanistan."

In the halls of the Senate, Graham told ABC News he will be meeting with Defense Secretary James Mattis and called for a hearing on the decision. In another jab at Trump, he said that foreign policy can't be determined over a tweet. "I want a hearing. I want oversight. This is a Republican president who I try to work with and I like him but he can’t be immune from oversight," Graham said. Graham isn't alone in his criticism of the president. He was one of several senators who expressed their discontent to Vice President Mike Pence at a Republican luncheon. Earlier today, Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., pushed back on the president's declaration of victory over ISIS, tweeting, "This is simply not true." Florida Sen. Marco Rubio told ABC News that Trump's advisers did him a "terrible disservice." "This is a colossal, in my mind, mistake. A grave error. This is going to have significant repercussions in the years and months to come," Rubio said. In a video posted to his Facebook page, Rubio said, "I believe the decision that was made today is a grave error that's going to have incredible consequences that potentially have not been fully thought through."

Although I rarely see eye-to-eye with Graham since he became a Trump sycophant, we agree 100% on this. A huge mistake by Commander ChickenSpurs.

As expected, the Senator from Russia ... Rand Paul, applauded the withdrawal.

Obama lost any US credibility in Syria a long time ago, but it took America years to figure out the reality.

Just a thought, but does the bill for our 2000 troops = the cost of the Wall?

Quick estimate, the cost of 2000 soldiers in Syria is likely to be (not including their wages) around 1-2 billion a year (cost of supplies, transport, replacing of gear etc)

Cut and run has never worked.
Why should we shed American blood for the S***hole name Syria. Its just quicksand and will suck the US to the bottom if we don't leave. Also its a tender box that could easily ignite a shooting war between Russia and the US and for what good end?

To be fair it was always theirs in the first place. It was the US trying to muscle in and it failed spectacularly.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

I was gonna ask if you care about Kurds getting slaughtered and then I realized I already knew the answer.
I'm not oppose to arming the Kurds and providing air support for them but I am opposed to having boots on the ground. I would not want to send my son there and if I don't my son there I don't want your son there either. Syria is a lost cause.

It might cover even more ... depending on how much longer they were intended to stay and how much/many more war "supplies" would have had to be shipped over.

Trump said he knows more then the Generals. Since this move was not supported by his Generals, he alone will live with the consequences. Pity the Syrians, it will be a bloodbath.

Quick estimate, the cost of 2000 soldiers in Syria is likely to be (not including their wages) around 1-2 billion a year (cost of supplies, transport, replacing of gear etc)

"... According to data from the Costs of War project at Brown University, cited by Quartz Wednesday, the U.S. has already budgeted more money for Syrian operations in 2019 compared to 2018. The Defense Department expects to spend roughly $15.3 billion in Syria next year, the highest level yet, with the State Department accounting for another billion in foreign aid. ..."

Cost of War in Syria Is Rising | The Fiscal Times

$17 billion for one year alone ...

2 years worth would give us a beautiful border wall with a huge, gilded gate ... for legal immigrants to get through.

"... According to data from the Costs of War project at Brown University, cited by Quartz Wednesday, the U.S. has already budgeted more money for Syrian operations in 2019 compared to 2018. The Defense Department expects to spend roughly $15.3 billion in Syria next year, the highest level yet, with the State Department accounting for another billion in foreign aid. ..."

Cost of War in Syria Is Rising | The Fiscal Times

$17 billion for one year alone ...

2 years worth would give us a beautiful border wall with a huge, gilded gate ... for legal immigrants to get through.

I thought Mexico was paying for that?

Back
Top Bottom