• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump or DeSantis

Who should be the next Republican leader and run for President on 2024?

• Total voters

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Assuming you can only choose between these two, who would you vote for?
Why?

It's a hypothetical that is in your imagination which I will never have to face. If those were the only 2 choices, the decision btx the 2 would not be decided by my or any others' vote.

He did every Trumpy thing he could to eff up 2016 and Americans still voted him in.
Fortunately, some people wised up and Trump lost 2020. Desantis is scarier because he's nearly as revolting as Trump but with more self-control and fewer self-destructive tendencies.

Fortunately, some people wised up and Trump lost 2020. Desantis is scarier because he's nearly as revolting as Trump but with more self-control and fewer self-destructive tendencies.
Can't wait for the childish nicknames and insecure penis references in the GOP primary.

Cruz better state that his daughters asked him not to run, and stay home - another round would decimate his already crippled manhood.

I want Trump to win in 2024 and be as vindictive and hateful as possible to the left for 4 years straight. Roe V. Wade was just a good start. It's time to go after the democrat leadership the same way they went after Trump. Payback's A Bitch! Then it will be great to have DeSantis for 8 years.

TRUMP 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m thinking the international stage will rip the veneer off.

Can't wait for the childish nicknames and insecure penis references in the GOP primary.

Cruz better state that his daughters asked him not to run, and stay home - another round would decimate his already crippled manhood.
Cruz has debased himself so badly that all he can do is go farther. He knows no shame, only when Texans wake tf up and send him pan=cking, will the lightbulb go off.

Cruz has debased himself so badly that all he can do is go farther. He knows no shame, only when Texans wake tf up and send him pan=cking, will the lightbulb go off.
Texans are the ones repeatedly sending the little weasel to DC. They love them some Cruz.

Trump should be in Jail for Life and Stripped of any rights of citizenship.... The S.O.B. tried to destroy America's Representative Democracy.

No One Is Above The Law

The Framers of The Constitution would have resolved this "quickly", they would not have hesitated to ensure thatTrump received the highest penalty for Treason

quote​

All of these charges would have been and still should be put on Trump and those who aided and abetted and gave comfort to his disgraceful and damaging acts to the entire nation and its governing systems.​

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason​

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

§2384. Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

• §2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

• §2383. Rebellion or insurrection​

• §2387. Activities affecting armed forces generally
  • §2389. Recruiting for service against United States
  • §2390. Enlistment to serve against United States​

This charge should be leveled against All Republican Politicians and others who backed, and participated in acts and plans of Treason, should be charged with":

§2382. Misprision of treason​

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States and having knowledge of the commission of any treason against them, conceals and does not, as soon as may be, disclose and make known the same to the President or to some judge of the United States, or to the governor or to some judge or justice of a particular State, is guilty of misprision of treason and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than seven years, or both.

end quote

These Laws were put in place to address exactly what took place by the acts of Trump and Those who aided and abetted his Treasonous Acts..
  • These law are designed to Protect America's Republic Form of Government and Our Representative Democracy.

Trump is a national traitor. He tried to overthrow our government.

DeSantis is an ignorant, anti-science, pro freedumbs, Trump disciple. But, he hasn’t shown his character to be as malicious as Trump’s.

So, DeSantis.

Why?
I will never vote for either of them. I guess DeSantis might be marginally better only because he hasn't clearly demonstrated that he would steal an election if an opportunity arose. On the other hand, he seems to be more willing than Trump to actually use the power of government to punish people. Trump uses his cult power to punish dissenters, but I can't offhand think of an instance where he used executive power as a weapon in the way that DeSantis did with Disney. Of course, I may just be forgetting.... They are both petty assholes intent on waging culture war, which is the exact last thing the country needs right now.

Why?
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's Trump's decision.

If he runs, he wins. If he doesn't run, DeSantis wins.

(assuming, of course, the Dems and Trump haters don't get away with election fraud again)

I want Trump to win in 2024 and be as vindictive and hateful as possible to the left for 4 years straight. Roe V. Wade was just a good start. It's time to go after the democrat leadership the same way they went after Trump. Payback's A Bitch! Then it will be great to have DeSantis for 8 years.

TRUMP 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You think this would be good for our country? This is the problem with the deplorable’s. They are hateful angry people. They are the most vulnerable, ignorant idiots on the planet. Most of the Trump base right now is Nazis, White supremacists, Proud Boys etc. Basically most Trump voters are violent criminals. It’s time for the rational law abiding Conservatives to retake our party.

Since I want repubs to lose, I pick Trump. He's more likely to self-destruct and eff up a campaign.
That’s what people thought in 2016.
2024 will be very different than 2016. Trump wants to relitigate 2020 and will run an incredibly vindictive, I was a victim type campaign. I think most Republicans are ready to move past Trump and move past Jan 6th. Trump will never let that happen .....never.

Since I want repubs to lose, I pick Trump. He's more likely to self-destruct and eff up a campaign.

Yeah, the problem is every time he effs up his campaign the cult coalesces even harder for him. There's a reason he's called 'Teflon Don.' On the other hand, more than half the population has such a vitriolic response against him that they'd like vote in droves again to vote against him, no matter who the Dems wheel out as the nominee. Not sure the same can be said (yet) about DeSantis.

I agree with a lot of this link. While I think Trump believes he won in 2020 to his very core and he will go to his grave thinking that (and I think it's certainly possible he's right), he needed to let go of it long ago. Had he been able to let go and move forward, I think he'd have an easy time winning in 2024. Like Maher pointed out clearly and successfully (IMO), it's things like this which would make it easy:

""And I just thought, you know, if Trump could just let go of the election, which he can't, he can win this so easy because he can win just on Drag Queen Story Hour," Maher said."

And no doubt I agree with this. It's been almost shocking to watch DeSantis soar as the Dems continue their Trump witch hunts.

"The Jan. 6 hearings have been very compelling to watch, but a little part of me thinks this might actually be bad for the Democrats, because if Trump is too weak to win the Republican nomination, it's going to be DeSantis, and DeSantis could beat Biden."

Back
Top Bottom