• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump or DeSantis

Who should be the next Republican leader and run for President on 2024?

• Total voters
Write in Mickey Mouse. I've done it before.

I once wrote in Donald and Daffy Duck on the Quack ticket when Nixon and McGovern were the candidates.

I'd like for Trump again, so he can follow through some unfinished business. The economy needs a serious rescuing.
But I want DeSantis too, to follow after Trump. He's fearless and sensible! He's a whole lot younger too, and can appeal to the young generation.
"Sensible,"? DeSantis is batshit crazy,

https://www.unionleader.com ›

Our choice is Joe Biden* | Editorials | unionleader.com

Oct 25, 2020 "...
"Since Trump took over, the national debt has exploded by more than 7 TRILLION dollars. While the last several trillion was in response to the COVID-19 economic crisis, at least the first three trillion was on the books well before the pandemic, while Trump was presiding over “...the best economy we’ve ever had in the history of our country.” (Trump’s words.)..."

The national debt grew $730 billion, in just the five months immediately before the March, 2020 pandemic effect commenced.
50257398291_11fa3d96a7_b.jpg

Annual borrowing jumped to near double, in the first fiscal year he had influence on,
beginning October 1, 2017, from the $671 billion in the prior year, to $1272 billion, and never retreated.
End of Fiscal YearDebt (in billions, rounded)Debt-to-GDP RatioMajor Events by Presidential Term

2016$19,573105%Brexit
2017$20,245104%Congress raised the debt ceiling
2018$21,516105%Trump tax cuts
2019$22,719107%Trade wars
2020$27,748129%COVID-19 and 2020 recession
2021$29,617124%COVID-19 and American Rescue Plan Act

Lumber cost $319 per thousand board feet when Trump was inaugurated and $913 on January 20, 2021.

Currently, 1,000 board feet of lumber costs $581.

1655715863037-png.67397564

So, what are you talking about.... any specifics? Along with no expectation of better performance with regard to anything the U.S. president
can actually influence, we'd get all of the rest of Trump's openly racists nomination and appointment patterns, systemic corruption, personalization
of DOJ, Dept. of State, Federal Reserve Policy, and even of the Supreme Court.

Can you actually post something that would make all of that dismal certainty worth the gamble, or is your attraction irresistible?

Trump expands ban on new offshore drilling sites in Atlantic

https://apnews.com › article
Sep 8, 2020 — JUPITER, Fla. ... a ban on new offshore drilling Tuesday, an election-year reversal likely to appeal to ...

Trump Blocks Exploratory Drilling, Calls Himself 'Great ... - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/26 › as-election-nears-tru...
Sep 26, 2020 — "Just months ago, Donald Trump was planning to allow oil and gas drilling off the coast of Florida," Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden ...
This week, President Trump expanded a ban on exploratory drilling off the coasts of North Carolina and Virginia, his latest extension of an existing offshore drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico.."

I think if those two sit down and hammer out a good agreement they could. The press and the left wing like to paint Trump as a monster ego, but I bet he could collaborate with DeSantis much more than Biden is collaborating with Kackle Harris.
I completely agree! Trump would be perfectly willing to hammer out a deal. I think both Trump and DeSantis are currently being very careful not to shut that door. So far, neither has come after the other in any aggressive way and neither are getting ahead of themselves when it comes to the other. They are almost acting like Trump and Youngkin did and that went just fine.
We'll see what happens after November. Until then, I expect not much.
Neither man has even announced yet but I will be surprised if at least one of them doesn't run in 2024.

I'm hoping for that!
It might be tricky though, since both have such strong personality.
I think it is not just tricky but impossible. Trump is not capable of making a deal that he wouldn't walk away the minute he suspected being out shone. However I would not put it past Trump to offer the bone but it would be to keep DeSantis from running against him. I think he knows DeSantis could beat him in the primaries.

The only people who have stood by Trump were those cowarded by him or dependant upon him for their political success. That is not DeSantis.

I don't like DeSantis but I know he is smart and I know he is mindful of the political risks of tying himself to Trump and potentially to another Trump Administration. He also knows he can beat Trump and that grows stronger everyday. Being second dog to a man like Trump vs being the next President????? No brainer for DeSantis.

I completely agree! Trump would be perfectly willing to hammer out a deal. I think both Trump and DeSantis are currently being very careful not to shut that door. So far, neither has come after the other in any aggressive way and neither are getting ahead of themselves when it comes to the other. They are almost acting like Trump and Youngkin did and that went just fine.
Neither man has even announced yet but I will be surprised if at least one of them doesn't run in 2024.
Plus there's the added benefit of the two most hated together wreaking havoc on the left. I think we need to get Jim Jordan involved, maybe even as speaker of the house. And to really rile them up we have to get MTG on a special committee to investigate all the illegal shit the Dems have done since 2016. Maybe even go after Obama, put HRC finally in jail, go after Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler plus all the other psycho demoncrats. The militant left's heads will literally explode from all the hate. Now that's an interesting image to brighten anyone's day.

I completely agree! Trump would be perfectly willing to hammer out a deal. I think both Trump and DeSantis are currently being very careful not to shut that door. So far, neither has come after the other in any aggressive way and neither is getting ahead of themselves when it comes to the other. They are almost acting as Trump and Youngkin did and that went just fine.
The only reason Trump would "hammer out a deal", something he never did in his 4 years as President, is to neutralize DeSantis in the primaries. Unfortunately, De Santis is much smarter than that. DeSantis realizes that more and more he is becoming the favourite. I bet he is loving the hearings!

Plus there's the added benefit of the two most hated together wreaking havoc on the left. I think we need to get Jim Jordan involved, maybe even as speaker of the house. And to really rile them up we have to get MTG on a special committee to investigate all the illegal shit the Dems have done since 2016. Maybe even go after Obama, put HRC finally in jail, go after Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler plus all the other psycho demoncrats. The militant left's heads will literally explode from all the hate. Now that's an interesting image to brighten anyone's day.
I'd love to see Jordan as Speaker. I do not like McCarthy at all.

OMG.....only if what one wants is vindictiveness and chaos rather than governance. On the other hand the hot mess he would cause would help the Dems in 2024. Stefanik is the smart choice. She is smart, not a loose cannon and apparently a Trump favourite. No matter McCarthy is toast no matter how hard he tried to kiss up.

If you appreciate clean air, water, minimum corruption, lipservice, at minimum to communicating credibly, a presidential cabinet focused on serving the public vs the party or just one man, actual accomplishment that isn't almost entirely self-serving spin or even emptier than that, and if you are not in the top two percent in wealth, nothing you said makes any sense. Nothing you said can be supported with facts. There is no upside for Trump to announce he
is a candidate, compared to what he is doing. His psychologist niece explains why, as well as compliance requirements of election laws.

Biden proposed relief, solutions, in advance. What happened? Almost total G.O.P. non-cooperation, but they took credit for what they voted against
when it was well received in their districts, and Manchin and Sinema bought off by the same special interests that bought off 90 percent or more
of house and senate republicans.

You won't actually post any response that will stand up to fact checking, or you will either post brief, unsupported claims or claims
only supported by G.O.P. spin.

It is about two things, at least to people who prioritize their evaluation to two indicators, intent-motivation, execution-competence.

Democratic Admins. have been remarkably scandal free. This speaks to intent and competence. It also frees up opportunity to and focus on governing!

Under Biden the DOJ Pardons Office functions, a son-in-law is not working on a pardon for his own father that will never be
coordinated through the Pardons Office.

https://www.huffpost.com › entry › kushner-pardon-free-for-all_n_5fe51a42c5b64e442102e617

Jared Kushner Played Key Role In White House Pardon 'Free-For-All'

Dec 24, 2020 "One pardon recipient was Kushner's own father, Charles, a real estate developer who was convicted in 2005 .."

This Attorney General will never be mistaken for Biden's personal defense attorney. There won't
be serial changes of Navy or other D.O.D. secretaries or Cabinet officials or dozens of Senate confirmation required, but instead, permenant
"acting" status occupants.

51627428687_4a34f1f735_b.jpg

Why can't you be influenced by these differences? Why do they not add up, not appear to matter? The judicial nominaions are diverse, matching
contemporary demographics. There won't be 3 white Roman Catholic Supreme Court nominees and 54 appellate court nominees, none black,
one hispanic.

Can you understand that Trump's record was so bad, simply endorsing it gives an impression of being a racist statement?

Would any journalist read 20,000 private Trump Admin messages and write anything similar to this?

Oct. 20, 2016
"I should stress that what I’ve found is far from all bad. Dozens of these emails show Clinton’s team genuinely striving to discover the correct position on an issue. Many of them show real, determined efforts to find the right solution to some public policy crisis. In general, especially compared to the vicious infighting that characterized her 2008 presidential run, you come away from the Podesta emails thinking that Clinton has assembled an admiringly loyal group of aides that believes in the candidate and the mission of the campaign. There’s some backbiting, but you could imagine far, far worse."
I like that you post truths that expose the bias, bigotry and racist madness of Trump supporters and their Right Wing Republicanism.

These type of people are the sole cause of the chaos in our political system and their bias, bigotry and racist ignorance is an insult to America.

McCarthy is a pretentious clown and Jordan is a grandstanding bigot of the worst sorts. The Confederate Mentality of Republican Politicians is on full display!!!!

McCarthy is a pretentious clown and Jordan is a grandstanding bigot of the worst sorts. The Confederate Mentality of Republican Politicians is on full display!!!!
Clearly anyone who sees Jordan as a congressional leader is bamboozled by bravado, personality and not serious about policy or responsible governance. It seems the ones who can stir up carp instead of actually solving problems are the stars. The Truumper side of the GOP is into entertainment and reality shows......better yet the gong show!

These people are like a "dunce student".... they can't get it through their heads they will never be superior to any other race and ethnicity of people, and they will never recreate the white nationalist dominated society that their savagery cast upon this country 'ever again"!!!! They also cannot no matter how hard they try erase the history of their "barbarism and savagery"..

No one holds the people living today who respect diversity of race and ethnicity with equality as person who is individual, but make no mistake about it, people both black, other and white, are well aware of Right Wing Republicanism's Racist Obsessions and Gender Bias and their delusion of thinking they can return women to being treated like a possession.
White Men of Republicanism will never again, be the only people who are paid a living wage, and government programming is designed to be fair and serve ALL American people.

No more tax money will be spent to build "parks for whites only", 'pools for whites only" or any of that BULLSHIT!!!

continue from post # 112

THE SOONER "POOR WHITES" wake up and realize, all that "white only crap" had no interest in Poor White Patronizing Any of It. Poor and Working Poor whites are being played for "suckers and clowns while being made a fool of by" White Nationalist of Wealthy White Male Dominance Agenda. They don't give a shit about "poor whites", never have and they never will. They know they can lead and misled "poor whites" just like the Confederacy led them to fight to protect the same Well to do and wealthy whites of the Confederacy' and they were foolish enough to be led as such.

• When Right Wing white people as such types stop "Screwing up America" we can as a nation move forward and build greatness beyond our current thoughts and desires, but as long as "ignorant white people' continue lusting and being suckers for wealthy white nationalist, not only will they remain poor and crying about being left behind, they will do nothing but make themselves fall even further behind the times.

Right Now in America, some of the most malicious and deviously dumb people on this Nations land, is working poor and dire poor right wing white people who back and support Trumpism and Right Wing Republicanism.
All the information that is put forth to educate and awaken them but instead of learning, their self delusion madness and worship of looking for "a great white savior" has them more foolish and too obstinant in wallowing in willful ignorance to even "awaken', until they have been made to be proud of being mentally asleep, as they think its a something to be proud of, to fight against people who are "awakened". One can't get much dumber than that!!!

They are too uneducated, too vain and too bigoted and wrapped in racist ignorance to know and the stupidity of being willingly hoodwinked by white nationalist wealthy white idiocy. Every attack they have in mind about American Government, is an attack on themselves that will affect them, because Liberal Minded White People, Black, Brown and Others will continue to RESPECT American Government and they will continue to advance and progresses, because they are smart enough to know... it is because of American Government, that we have the Great Nation that we have.

Women, Black People, Brown People and Other Race and Ethnicity of People, will not stop advancing because a bunch of ignorant Right Wing White Nationalist self delusional white people, are anguished about it.
Go up to any Women, Black People, Brown People and Other Race and Ethnicity of People and spew their right wing racist crap, and people will quickly tell them to "go eat a pile of cow dung"... !!!

Every time one of these racist ignorat types say and do stuff that is discriminatory they will get called on it, brought up on charges and they will get the legal consequences for their acts of barbaric ignorance.

• There's ignorant people within all races of people... that's just a fact !!!! But None of them attack the Government, and None of them make chaos in the Political system.

In America... no other race of people have the obsessive level of racist ignorance as some of the right wing, right obsessed conservative and race bigoted Republicans. They wake up to live that stupidity. Then wonder why they can't keep up with society and the advancement within life.

Many Right Wingers and Working Poor and Dire Poor have made themselves Peon's = bound in servitude to gerrymandering overlords and wealthy creditors (Republican System Agenda). Walking around pissed off because generation after generation, they wallowed in racism and cultural ignorance, expecting the wealthy white man to give them something, just because they have white skin... and the only thing he gives them is a "screwing" without Ky jelly, and they rush back generation after generation for more; expecting a different result. "It's called INSANITY". Then, remaining insidious enough to try and blame everyone but themselves.

I think if those two sit down and hammer out a good agreement they could. The press and the left wing like to paint Trump as a monster ego, but I bet he could collaborate with DeSantis much more than Biden is collaborating with Kackle Harris.
I actually think DeSantis is too smart to get the Trump "stain" on him. If he doesn't think he could beat Trump, I think he would be perfectly happy staying governor of Florida and waiting for his chance in 2028.

Lol - some of you guys are really whining about nothing! You think the world revolves around you!
GROW UP!

Yeah....yeah....yeah....you don't want the ONLY options given in this poll.
TOO BAD!

It's my poll - and I want to know who folks would want between these two.

OBVIOUSLY - this poll is meant for those who considers either one of these two............................ or, those who might consider either one of these two. DUH!

Lol Tosca you might want to stop having a tantrum before you tell anyone to grow up. This idea you fart when you tell others to not fart is fun. You sound like a Trumpet.

1656284724002.png
1656284907319.png
Me breast feed him not a chance!
1656285063753.png

Death by firing squad
Death by hanging
Death by injection
Death by phaser

I pick neither

Trump is a national traitor. He tried to overthrow our government.

DeSantis is an ignorant, anti-science, pro freedumbs, Trump disciple. But, he hasn’t shown his character to be as malicious as Trump’s.

So, DeSantis.

Is there something dumb about freedom?

Back
Top Bottom