• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump or DeSantis

Who should be the next Republican leader and run for President on 2024?

• Total voters
2024 will be very different than 2016. Trump wants to relitigate 2020 and will run an incredibly vindictive, I was a victim type campaign. I think most Republicans are ready to move past Trump and move past Jan 6th. Trump will never let that happen .....never.
I think there is a decent percentage of Republicans who know that Trump is horrible for our country. I think a lot would love to move past this nightmare. Ultimately, most would still vote for Trump again because the Democratic candidates are also horrible. I also think most Trump voters align with Trumps racist views and hatefulness.

Unfortunately 2024 will be racism vs wokeism.

I agree with a lot of this link. While I think Trump believes he won in 2020 to his very core and he will go to his grave thinking that (and I think it's certainly possible he's right), he needed to let go of it long ago. Had he been able to let go and move forward, I think he'd have an easy time winning in 2024. Like Maher pointed out clearly and successfully (IMO), it's things like this which would make it easy:

""And I just thought, you know, if Trump could just let go of the election, which he can't, he can win this so easy because he can win just on Drag Queen Story Hour," Maher said."

And no doubt I agree with this. It's been almost shocking to watch DeSantis soar as the Dems continue their Trump witch hunts.

"

It's not the least bit shocking. The hearings are showing Trump for the terrible President he was.

It's not the least bit shocking. The hearings are showing Trump for the terrible President he was.
Dang you're fast to my comments!!!! I was having a hard time successfully grabbing my last quote (my finger kept getting too much text) and, meanwhile, I lost my link in my other open window. So I pressed submit so the comment would post and I'd be able to click on my own link to quickly locate it again. Then, I could quickly edit by grabbing the finishing quote I had yet to add - but before I took likely less than one minute to grab that last quote, Callen was there;)

I agree with a lot of this link. While I think Trump believes he won in 2020 to his very core and he will go to his grave thinking that (and I think it's certainly possible he's right), he needed to let go of it long ago. Had he been able to let go and move forward, I think he'd have an easy time winning in 2024. Like Maher pointed out clearly and successfully (IMO), it's things like this which would make it easy:

""And I just thought, you know, if Trump could just let go of the election, which he can't, he can win this so easy because he can win just on Drag Queen Story Hour," Maher said."

And no doubt I agree with this. It's been almost shocking to watch DeSantis soar as the Dems continue their Trump witch hunts.

"The Jan. 6 hearings have been very compelling to watch, but a little part of me thinks this might actually be bad for the Democrats, because if Trump is too weak to win the Republican nomination, it's going to be DeSantis, and DeSantis could beat Biden."

Trump lost because of the pandemic. He still easily could have won if he would have shown just a little leadership. If Trump would have accepted defeat and allowed a smooth transition he 100% would win in 2024. He was short sighted in his actions and it cost him. He has lost support from a good chunk of Republicans. If the Democrats choose to only pick a gay, transgender, black candidate instead of nominating the best person for the job I could easily see Trump winning again.

It’s time to kick Trumpism and wokeism to the curb. It’s time for good rational people to lead this country.

I want Trump to win in 2024 and be as vindictive and hateful as possible to the left for 4 years straight. Roe V. Wade was just a good start. It's time to go after the democrat leadership the same way they went after Trump. Payback's A Bitch! Then it will be great to have DeSantis for 8 years.

TRUMP 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because the left is destroying our country does not mean we should join in on the carnage.

They're both horrible choices, but I don't see that party as fixable without its complete destruction at the polls for multiple cycles.

I think there is a decent percentage of Republicans who know that Trump is horrible for our country. I think a lot would love to move past this nightmare. Ultimately, most would still vote for Trump again because the Democratic candidates are also horrible. I also think most Trump voters align with Trumps racist views and hatefulness.

Unfortunately 2024 will be racism vs wokeism.
As far as horrible for our country, I think Trump policy was quite good and I think a lot of Americans would agree (especially now that we've seen what the alternative had to offer). My opinion is that the continued witch hunts of Trump and the disdain of him by the left (both beginning even before he was even sworn in) have been a huge contributor to the "nightmare". You and I certainly may disagree on this and that's fine.
I do think most Republicans and a lot of independents (again, now that we've seen the alternative) would still vote for Trump again. As far as "racist views and hatefulness", I just flat out disagree.

Trump lost because of the pandemic. He still easily could have won if he would have shown just a little leadership. If Trump would have accepted defeat and allowed a smooth transition he 100% would win in 2024. He was short sighted in his actions and it cost him. He has lost support from a good chunk of Republicans. If the Democrats choose to only pick a gay, transgender, black candidate instead of nominating the best person for the job I could easily see Trump winning again.

It’s time to kick Trumpism and wokeism to the curb. It’s time for good rational people to lead this country.
I completely agree he was short sighted in his actions, and it cost him. His feeling of being wronged was so darn strong (and still is) that he's been unable to get past it. I think he did lose support from some Republicans but I'd guess a bunch of those would now vote for him again, after what the Biden term has brought to their lives and the country. No doubt in my mind, that group would rather vote for DeSantis should he win the nomination, but I still wouldn't count out the chance of Trump winning again - and I think it would be a pretty solid chance.

The Republican candidate that wins the primary, has my vote. The policies being pushed by the Democratic party are insane and destructive that will have long term dire consequences.

The Republican candidate that wins the primary, has my vote. The policies being pushed by the Democratic party are insane and destructive that will have long term dire consequences.
I’ll vote for any Republican except for Trump. Trump was the worst President we could have during a pandemic. Biden is the worst President we could have given our current global and economic events.

We need a normal person as President. Trump is a narcissist pig. Biden is a frail old man.

GOP has no further use for Trump, imo.

Tax breaks,
Guns,
SCOTUS,
Abortion

all done

I think Trump policy was quite good and I think a lot of Americans would agree (especially now that we've seen what the alternative had to offer).
I agree with this. Lets get a reasonable adult in office who will continue these policies.

Yes I understand. Supporting a party that remains silent as to or supports what Trump tried to do and still pushes the rigged election argument is not insane.

1656175250107.png
1656175429980.png
Possible running mates for Don Trump.

Dang you're fast to my comments!!!! I was having a hard time successfully grabbing my last quote (my finger kept getting too much text) and, meanwhile, I lost my link in my other open window. So I pressed submit so the comment would post and I'd be able to click on my own link to quickly locate it again. Then, I could quickly edit by grabbing the finishing quote I had yet to add - but before I took likely less than one minute to grab that last quote, Callen was there;)
I was on the thread, saw your post and responded to it. You have posted about 10 times today...I responded to 1 of them. Get over yourself and stop singling me out for some sort of stalking behaviour this is the second time in two days . Stick to the topic which is not me! I believe that is a violation of the rules.

I’ll vote for any Republican except for Trump. Trump was the worst President we could have during a pandemic. Biden is the worst President we could have given our current global and economic events.

We need a normal person as President. Trump is a narcissist pig. Biden is a frail old man.
Oops just read this. Rules me out again a second time Mong....I am 66...the drooling has started....

seriously..I do not stereotype people automatically by age, but both Trump and Biden should not run because in both their cases with due respect, they both have symptoms of dementia.cognitive deficits and do not look to have the stamina and energy required to take on the job and manage exposure to its stresses. Both parties should look outside their existing parties to a middle of the roader who can recapture the moderate voters of both sides squeezed out by all the extremist rhetoric.

However I really do think if Biden physically survives another two years without serious medical issues his party will turn on him of the economy has not recovered they will have no choice.

I also think the Republicans will not toss Trump out and are morally spineless cowards and will pray Trump is criminally convicted of anything in the next two years but the will not turn on him until then. I do not think moderate Republicans will do a damn thing and probably hold their nose and vote Democrat again. The dirt on Trump has yet to come out and many are waiting to turn on him but are hiding behind the Committee to do the work needed to make it safe for them to distance from Trump. Until then no.

Its too bad because any potential outsider
s won't go near the next election. Do not underestimate how racist and sexist is in the US towards Harris or Haley or anyone else. We are living in polarized times where out and out bigotry is acceptable again as mainstream ideology thanks to Trump. I would like to take him, his two idiot sons and plastic face Ivanka and her robot husband (I believe he was cloned by the same people who cloned Justin Bieber-look carefully) and exile them to Russia.

Melania is a KGB assassin anyways. They should just lock her up or make a deal she takes out Donny in return for living in Samoa in a witness protection program. All she has to do is feed him a laced Big Mac or KFC leg.

You think this would be good for our country? This is the problem with the deplorable’s. They are hateful angry people. They are the most vulnerable, ignorant idiots on the planet. Most of the Trump base right now is Nazis, White supremacists, Proud Boys etc. Basically most Trump voters are violent criminals. It’s time for the rational law abiding Conservatives to retake our party.
It would be good if their Citizenship could be revoked. These kind of white people are an insult to humanity. and they are disgrace to civil and civic society, they are like Barbarians driven by Prirate Mentality to engaged any form and manner of Savagery.

In this 21st Century, its pathetic that these kind of white people are as willfully ignorant which is truly a tragedy, their ancestry came here uneducated, and some trying to get away from the oppressions and madness, and these willfully ignorant types of their offsprings are trying to create the same thing their ancestry tried to get away from.
The average white people, know who those types are. (They know them by first sight of their presence, by their words, and by their ways.) They just get afraid to call it out for what it is, [Barbarians driven by Prirate Mentality to engaged any form and manner of Savagery] as if they think they can sweep it under the rug and it will go away.
These are the types that come into communities and try and block and stop progress, some of them are the one that ignore city ordinances, they talk shit but never know the details about anything civic or civil, beyond what "talking heads in the media tell them to regurgitate". Many of them could not and would not understand the details of Legislation, if someone went over it "word for word", they'd get hung up and lost, because they think in "one dimensional mentality"... they CANNOT interpert Multi-Variable Content.

We see it vividly in these forums... they stay away from content that speaks in detail about anything and they run like hell, away from anything that has the details of critical thinking for progressive development. I've posted many subject, they simply can't deal with, because they have a "stagnated non interpertative fixed mindset that has an inability to rationalize facts and principles that deal with a diverse ever growing society. They fight what they don't understand, rather than to invest themselves to try to learn.

When they are presented with something that they don't grasp the understaning, they go immediately into "denialism", "deflections", and try and use non relevant abstract comparisons.

Many of us have dealt with them throughout our lives. I remember years ago, I did some designs and modifications for a project that we had to complete, the "white man madness came out in many of them"... they tried to attack it every way they could. I had other projects, and the project was passed to another white man... he asked for my designs and modifications, I gave them to him. He went and presented them, they "these same one that attacked it first"... claimed they were very good and exactly what was needed. I just looked at that stupidity, and moved on to my other projects. I already knew, there are white men, who can't stand the thought of someone not white, doing and creating something that they themselves did not do.

History is full of it.... white men, stealing ideals, taking credit for stuff they did not do, and then ****ing up things, and expecting others to fix it. Then when it fixed, these same white men want to take credit for it.
We saw it with the mess Bush left for Obama, white men hated the fact that Obama got the Nation's Economy back on tract, they hated that some white men said, they did not know how to fix the economy, and some said, they could not have done what Obama did to get us back on tract... But, Right Wing Conservative White Men, DETESTED the fact it was not done by a white man.
They chose Trump and he "****ed things up, AGAIN"...

White men hated LBJ's Great Society, because he included "EVERYONE'... To this very day, they will do and say anything to avoid giving LBJ credit, because they resent the fact that he brought down 'legalized segregation" and put forth laws against 'discriminations"... and they've been trying to recreate segregation by any and every means they can. These type of white people, know they can't compete on level honest playing field. and it makes them have to face the fact that their white skin does not make them superior. So, they will destroy anything, trying to keep from facing the fact they are not superior.

Assuming you can only choose between these two, who would you vote for?
Why?
Desanctis has his faults. Trump is a walking disaster, an incredibly destructive immoral idiot who became a domestic enemy of the Constitution when he decided to try to overturn an election. The first, thank you.

Is this even a serious choice. I don't care for DeSantis but at least there's something going on behind his eyes.

You think this would be good for our country? This is the problem with the deplorable’s. They are hateful angry people. They are the most vulnerable, ignorant idiots on the planet. Most of the Trump base right now is Nazis, White supremacists, Proud Boys etc. Basically most Trump voters are violent criminals. It’s time for the rational law abiding Conservatives to retake our party.
we have over two years before the election

Trump will NOT be the candidate...that is am sure of

Who will be is another thing.....i am hoping we can find someone better than Desantis

I have a couple in mind.....but so far, no one wants to commit

I was on the thread, saw your post and responded to it. You have posted about 10 times today...I responded to 1 of them. Get over yourself and stop singling me out for some sort of stalking behaviour this is the second time in two days . Stick to the topic which is not me! I believe that is a violation of the rules.
These are your words, not mine. My comment was as I wrote it (quoted below). Are you playing mod?

I expect de Santis to be the nominee and will happily vote for him, He’s young, fearless, honest, and a good governor. And he can win. He will also undo all the trash that Biden will leave behind. With de Santis we will become energy independent again. He will get much needed immigration legislation through Congress because he will have a majority in both houses. He will be a uniter and not a divider like Trump and Biden. He will have the Latino vote behind him.

Trump needs to go back to Florida and play golf. Count his money and keep his mouth closed. Use the influence he has behind the scenes to promote the candidates and vision of the GOP.

CONTINUED FROM POST #43

Trump came in thinking Oh' if a black man could get the country back on track... he assumed he could out-do it. The result is Trump ****ED UP everything he could and disrespected every policy, law, rule and regulation... with a delusion that he was a single hand dictator of America. White men chasing the delusion of White Nationalism clung to Trump like flies to dog shit in the grass.

He has spent 6 yrs criticizing EVERYTHING, and long before that, ALL he ever did was criticize 'EVERYTHING about America... but the Low Life S.O.B. fleeced anything and everything he could for his greed and lust for money. He screwed his own family, fleeced charities, money washing, engaged sedition, subversions, and ultimately engaged Treason against the nations, after trying to damage and dictate over every branch of government.

Trump, Republican and Right Wing White Evangels is the Result of Right Wing Conservative "White Man Madness"... on full display.
  • For 100's of years they have "Bastardized RELIGION" all for the sake of RACISM Obsessions.... and delusions of White Superiority.
These type of people have a long history of gender abuse, whether its sister, daughter, wife and women in general. They detest women's independence, and resent the fact that he can no longer control her with money by denying her means to earn her own. He is the same type of white men, who have encroached upon every ethnicity and race of women with rape and coercerive encroachments... and then get pissed off when white women find out... they can get respect as a person when they mate with non white right wing men. He tried for Centuries and Decades to bitch and moan about "black people" ... while he could not stay away from trying to screw any black women he could get close to, and then public deny it, when it came to public awareness.
These are the same types that have engaged homosexual activitity for 100's of years, and then lied about it in public, and then attack those who chose not to lie about it.

These types created and turned Religion into a "Money Hustle", and created every means to play on peoples 'ethics" with twisted commentary, to get their money. it was white men, who created the so call "Confessionals"... only so they know what people are thinking, and his vain arrogance and egotism, made him think he could give people what he can't" which is "a forgiveness that only God can give". Sadly, the average one in here talking about "Christian Values"... only know them to be "White Man Based Racist Stupidity" wrapped in AVARICE...

Young people see it, and young people know it... and young people are getting as far as they can from those Type of False Prophet of Religious Bastardizations.
Young people are learning to develop understanding and respect of the "Principles that the Book of Wisdoms Teach" and they don't need those Type of False Prophets of Religious Bastardizations trying to play on their emotional intellect, for his/her want of profit and power.

People like DeSantis and Trump... are "Anti-Christ Evilness", they are puffed up on their own vanity, ego and fools pride.
------------------------

White People who Respect the Diversity of Humanity, know exactly what I'm talking about. When some of them decide to let go of their reservations for want of white privilege, they will awaken and realize that reservation is based on "Evilness". They make themselves "weak" by their own reservations of such type".
They "waffle' and 'flail about" because their reservations, make them "unstable" in upholding the values and principles of full Respect of Diversity within Humanity and Equality of Person as Individual.

ANYONE can look at the political turmoil that disrupts the greatest Republic Form of Representative Government, in a Representative Democracy... and see... the ongoing damaging cycles are created by Republicans obsessed with Right Wing White Evangels of Right Wing Conservative "White Man Madness".

The Best hope for America is for Young People to keep "learning", keep "researching and uncovering truth", and keep "facing truth", and not being misled by the spread of Avarice driven madness. If they can stay away from "Drama Madness" and the "Consumption of Ignorance, that Drama Madness Promotes", they will change the world to one that respect the human diversity and respect for person, as individual. That will spread around the world making a more knowledgable and honesty pursuing society, in knowing how to live in a Civic and Civil Society.

Last edited:
Trump's move to Florida, was part of the move to embrace the "broad civics illiteracy that is expansive across that state". New Yorker's had become wise to his mob ways, and his evilness in conduct, manner and motives.

When he saw the 'slaughter of the kids at Stoneman Douglas, and the people of the state had a callous mentality about doing something about guns and protecting children.. Trump knew that was the place for himself. He watched the state fight against protecting people from COVID, it was like a magnet that drew him even closer because the ravaging deaths was like something to cheer about for such Evil types. DeSantis... showed himself to be exactly the same.

The Greatest Book of Wisdom (The Bible) long ago had these words established to inform people of how "evil functions" and how "evil spreads", and it spread fastest in the most under-educated and un-educated regions. Look at Arkansas, the people cling to Sarah Sanders, after her Right Wing Evangelical Daddy's Dogma, and her Incessant Lying behind the White House Press Podium... and the people of that state and their short attention span, gave her votes of endorsement.
We see the same thing with people who backed The Uncultured Barbarians, within the Republican Political Ranks.

• Evil has its own "ideology' and that "ideology can only promote and induce evil", because nothing evil can ever promote or be of "good".

People don't get it... many rural areas have massive volumes of under-educated people, and many are basically illiterate when it comes to the civics of government, it was not taught in schools with any more details, than to tell them, there are three branches of Government. Beyond, that they have no concept of what the Constitution laid out as the role of a President, and they certainly don't know the responsibilities that is core to Congress' House of Representative and The Senate.

Back
Top Bottom