• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on Ukraine and Russia 2016

Mach

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
We don't need to imagine how Trump would have behaved regarding Ukraine and Russia. Here he is in 2016 in an interview.
(all of the Putin praise, Trump's pressuring Zelensky for manufactured dirt on Hunter aside)

Regarding Putin:

TRUMP: "He's not going into Ukraine, just so you understand. He's not gonna go into Ukraine. You can mark it down, you can put it down, you can take it anyway you want."

George: But he's already there in Crimea

TRUMP: "Well he's there in a certain way but I'm not there (barely intelligible) you have Obama there" "And frankly that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama"

TRUMP: "But you know the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia, than where they were. And you have to look at that also."

We don't need to imagine how Trump would have behaved regarding Ukraine and Russia. Here he is in 2016 in an interview.
(all of the Putin praise, Trump's pressuring Zelensky for manufactured dirt on Hunter aside)

Regarding Putin:

TRUMP: "He's not going into Ukraine, just so you understand. He's not gonna go into Ukraine. You can mark it down, you can put it down, you can take it anyway you want."

TRUMP: "Well he's there in a certain way but I'm not there (barely intelligible) you have Obama there" "And frankly that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama"

TRUMP: "But you know the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia, than where they were. And you have to look at that also."

Catch him on a different day and we'd probably get a different answer.

Regarding Putin:

What a disgusting human.

Catch him on a different day and we'd probably get a different answer.
Your deflection isn't even accurate. Trump was consistently pro-Putin for his entire term in office, and now after leaving office.

As someone who voted twice for The Donald (mainly because he refused to kneel in 2020), if I am able to vote in 2024 (I am 84 years, so ...), I might abstain if Mr. Trump is the candidate.

He is simply getting too obnoxious for my tastes.

I have to agree with his enemies: He himself is his own worst enemy.

And I would definitely vote for the Dem if there is a chance that s/he would push Medicare to pay for seniors' caregivers.

While this sounds bad, there's not a whole lot that is untrue in this OP.

1) Russia did not try to go any further into Ukraine under Trump. Probably several reasons why, but please don't believe it is because Trump was tough on them.
2) The people of Crimea did appear to want to be part of Russia. They still do.

Your deflection isn't even accurate. Trump was consistently pro-Putin for his entire term in office, and now after leaving office.
Wasn't a deflection. It was a criticism of Trump. He is the most impulsive President we've ever had.

As someone who voted twice for The Donald (mainly because he refused to kneel in 2020), if I am able to vote in 2024 (I am 84 years, so ...), I might abstain if Mr. Trump is the candidate.
Everyone drink, Parser has told us his age once again!

And I would definitely vote for the Dem if there is a chance that s/he would push Medicare to pay for seniors' caregivers.
But yeah, Trump is is own biggest problem, all one has to do is dig up a Trump quote and there is probably one for everything at this point.

Wasn't a deflection. It was a criticism of Trump. He is the most impulsive President we've ever had.
No no, he was never impulsive about Vlad. He was always praising Vlad, is the point. "Impulsive" is an upgrade to his deplorable behavior as POTUS (and outside of office).

Regarding Putin:

1645957938489.png

Mr. Donald Trump is soooo yesterday.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

And yet in other threads you've said you'd vote for Trump in 2024 if he ran.

At 84 you probably forgot.

Back
Top Bottom