• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on Putin plan to recognize breakaway Ukraine regions: 'This is genius'

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia's recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a "genius" move ahead of its military invasion.

In an interview on "The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show," Trump said Russian President Vladimir Putin's recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics in eastern Ukraine on Monday was "smart" and "pretty savvy."

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" he said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

Someone still has pee tapes.

Someone still has pee tapes.
Still peddling the old fake Steele Dosssier, huh? The false one that's resulting in criminal indictments?
It shows how contemptuous the Left are of reality and truth.
They think this is a team sport, and just want to support their team, no matter what.

Didn't America and its allies invade and recognize the region of Kosovo, which was part of Serbia?

Isn't Guantanamo part of Cuba? What are American forces doing there? Do they have permission from the current govt in Havana to be there?

Still peddling the old fake Steele Dosssier, huh? The false one that's resulting in criminal indictments?
They think this is a team sport, and just want to support their team, no matter what.

Didn't America and its allies invade and recognize the region of Kosovo, which was part of Serbia?

Isn't Guantanamo part of Cuba? What are American forces doing there? Do they have permission from the current govt in Havana to be there?

Honestly, he's giving Trump too much credit.

But the dossier might have been onto something:

Surprised? No. Disappointed? Still no. I'm glad Trump is continuing that he would not, in fact, have been hard on Russia.

I didn't see any media predictions for what happened to Czechoslovakia Ukraine yesterday. While I object to the Russian actions, it does seem clever. Other than the messenger, who can't stop bloviating, what is incorrect about his statement about it being "genius"?

Oh look over there!

I didn't see any media predictions for what happened to Czechoslovakia Ukraine yesterday. While I object to the Russian actions, it does seem clever. Other than the messenger, who can't stop bloviating, what is incorrect about his statement about it being "genius"?
I don't think of genius as bring dependent on making stuff up. It was not predicted, according to the watchers, but maybe that's because it's so utterly full of shit?

I don't think of genius as bring dependent on making stuff up. It was not predicted, according to the watchers, but maybe that's because it's so utterly full of shit?
Sorry, but I don't understand your first sentence.

It sucks, but thus far, it does seem to have worked in getting another small part of Ukraine. Again, it looks like Czechoslovakia all over again. Saying something is genius doesn't mean that it is good; in fact, in this case, it is insidious.

It sucks, but thus far, it does seem to have worked in getting another small part of Ukraine. Again, it looks like Czechoslovakia all over again. Saying something is genius doesn't mean that it is good; in fact, in this case, it is insidious.
This is Russo-Republican Neville appeasement talk.

And here we have another trump-supporting Russo-Republican appeaser of Vlad and Xi.

Diminish the Steele dossier all you want. There have been parts proven true, has the pee tape been proven false? Are you honestly saying that you are not supporting the team that literally tried to overturn the last election?

Did President Biden win a fair 2020 election that had zero evidence of statistically significant voter fraud?

Iraq, Syria, Libya, invaded and the US at times wanted to have the Kurds separate from Syria

Honestly, he's giving Trump too much credit.

But the dossier might have been onto something:

Which cheese is the moon made of ?
You must know because you believe anything you see in print anywhere in the MSM .

The dossier is known to be absolute rubbish and totally fabricated .

Surprising? Nope. I suppose one can admire the strategy, but that tends to fade quick when compare to the potential outcome of these actions as well as the economic impact now.

Surprising? Nope. I suppose one can admire the strategy, but that tends to fade quick when compare to the potential outcome of these actions as well as the economic impact now.

A president past or present should not take praise Putins actions. Determining if the actions were genius or not should be left to academics.

A president past or present should not take praise Putins actions. Determining if the actions were genius or not should be left to academics.
Oh I agree completely; especially since this is a foreign power threatening the sovereignty of another and there's the potential loss of life. I meant that expectations should be managed based on who made the comment.
;)

As you point out, it's been done before. Shouldn't genius mean something more than just repeating your elders?

Which cheese is the moon made of ?
You must know because you believe anything you see in print anywhere in the MSM .

The dossier is known to be absolute rubbish and totally fabricated .
Yeah because the pee tapes would be so out of character for Rump.

Back
Top Bottom