• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on Putin plan to recognize breakaway Ukraine regions: 'This is genius'

I am. This has gone from a Trump idiosyncrasy, to a party-wide ideology with full RW Media support! That, is what has me surprised.

Yes, this is shocking to those of us with Cold War experience.

It would be shocking to me had this happened pre-Trump. Not now. Disgusting, but not surprising.

Yes. I am.

This seems to have gone from Trump's personal iconoclastic (I believed) hyperbole, to what seems to have become a Trump administration & supporting media ideology.

For Christ's sake, I'm currently watching Tucker Carlson defending Putin. Amazing!

I had no idea this Putin support was so endemic to the GOP Party & media. It's shocking.

It's been there all along, mate.

WTH is going-on?

Trump's RW media seem to be praising Putin. Seriously.

And Trump disseminating RT propaganda to his supporters? Wha?

You wonder what's going on? The way Putin acts is the way the GOP wants to rule. Screw democracy. Those in power will do what they want and answer to nobody. If you oppose the regime you disappear or die.

I just did a Google review of this topic. The "Trump calls Putin genius" is ALL OVER the news, every mainline news organization. Except one. Guess which one.

I've always admired Putin. He's a brutal guy who lives in a brutal world. That being said, I find it disgusting that a former President would be undermining his country on national TV. I don't know much about this Ukraine thing but you gotta stick with your country or shut up in situations like this.

The right-wingers haven't seemed to have found this thread yet. Gee, I wonder why? Eyes shut, hands over ears, going YAYAYAYAYAYYA?

Still shocking. Not just the pundits, but a former President circulating RT pro-Putin material. That still boggles my mind.

It boggles mine too!

Up to today, I had never been one to yell about putting Trump in jail. I just wanted him to to face resonsibility for his crimes.

Now, it’s different. Trump betrayed his country in 2016 ,and again in 2020.

And now he’s announcing his fealty to Putin……….

Or maybe he’s making noises in case the Russians call their notes. After all, they do own him, lock stock and barrel.

WTH is going-on?

Trump's RW media seem to be praising Putin. Seriously.

And Trump disseminating RT propaganda to his supporters? Wha?

Trump and his supporters are geo politically naive.

I am sure Putin was as disapointed Nov 2020 as Trump when the election was called for his opponent.

Still shocking. Not just the pundits, but a former President circulating RT pro-Putin material. That still boggles my mind.
Its rather disturbing, yes.

So if Putin had pulled this when Trump was president, Trump would have called him and told him what a genius he was. Amazing!

Trumps a fool. Of course so is Biden.

That's how morally bankrupt the Republican party is. They are not democratic; they just want power. That's it.
Putin is well aware how politically divided the US is now. If he wanted to assimilate the Ukraine into Russia now perhaps would be an oppurtune moment.

Only one former secretary of state is praising Putin and criticizing Biden in Ukraine crisis BY MICHAEL WILNER UPDATED FEBRUARY 22, 2022

"..Mike Pompeo has lauded the Russian strongman over the past month as a “talented,” “savvy,” “capable statesman,” offering his praise during a slew of interviews after his political action committee spent $30,000 on improving his performance in media appearances. “He is a very talented statesman. He has lots of gifts,” Pompeo told Fox News in January. “He was a KGB agent, for goodness sakes. He knows how to use power. We should respect that.”

Few other former secretaries of state have weighed in on the crisis, and those that have avoided politics. Condoleeza Rice, former secretary of state under President George W. Bush, called Putin “megalomaniacal” in a CNN interview over the weekend. There have been eight U.S. secretaries of state since Putin took power in 1999, including four under Republican presidents — Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Rex Tillerson and Pompeo — and four under Democratic presidents — Madeleine Albright, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and the current secretary, Antony Blinken.

To the contrary, Pompeo has targeted Biden as exemplifying “enormous weakness,” leading “an America on its back, an America that apologizes.” He asserts that Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan and response to a ransomware hack of the Colonial pipeline last year contributed to Putin’s confidence.."

Back
Top Bottom