• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think certain government areas should be independent of politics. The CDC should be one of those areas.

Interfering with what the CDC does reducing confidence in the government

The health department’s politically appointed communications aides have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly scientific reports charting the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, in what officials characterized as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals.

In some cases, emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials openly complained that the agency’s reports would undermine President Donald Trump's optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to emails reviewed by POLITICO and three people familiar with the situation.

It should be, when it comes to public health.

I agree .

Covid 19 is a health issue and should not be political.

We are all in this together.

\

Government and politics are part and parcel. What one thinks should be and are able to be are two things entirely.

I think certain government areas should be independent of politics. The CDC should be one of those areas.

Interfering with what the CDC does reducing confidence in the government

They've spoken out about it, or tried, all along. Fauci got stomped when he tried to be the voice of reason, to be honest. Birx couldnt hide it when The Donald went off the rails (we all saw it on video) but she was muzzled too.

It's no surprise. Justifying it by followers is no surprise either. He told them what they wanted to hear, when they wanted to hear it. The carelessness and denial of millions of followers has cost 10s of thousands, if not 100 thousand lives.

It's very likely this current crisis was just a dry run...because something really deadly is coming. It's not if, it's when. Virulent outbreaks and epidemics are not that rare. Any epidemiologist will tell you. It would be nice if we learned from the mistakes (and successes) this time around.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

\

Government and politics are part and parcel. What one thinks should be and are able to be are two things entirely.

Other countries have not made Covid 19 into a political issue. They have treated as a health issue as they should.

I mistaken thought the USA had the finest scientific and medical teams and we could keep This virus more contained as We did during the Ebola health issue.

We needed to isolate and actually quarantine instead of telling them self quarantine,

Other countries have not made Covid 19 into a political issue. They have treated as a health issue as they should.

I mistaken thought the USA had the finest scientific and medical teams and we could keep This virus more contained as We did during the Ebola health issue.

We needed to isolate and actually quarantine instead of telling them self quarantine,

Bingo!

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

No, it absolutely should not be. And in reality it never is. When governors are using public health as a justification to lock people down, ban religious worship, declare businesses non essential and are now claiming “racism” is a public health issue, it becomes clear public health is a political concept.

The very idea the government should do anything at all to stop you from getting sick is a political question.

Except we didn’t. In fact a nurse who was ordered quarantined for Ebola was heralded as a hero for publicly breaking it

They've spoken out about it, or tried, all along. Fauci got stomped when he tried to be the voice of reason, to be honest. Birx couldnt hide it when The Donald went off the rails (we all saw it on video) but she was muzzled too.

It's no surprise. Justifying it by followers is no surprise either. He told them what they wanted to hear, when they wanted to hear it. The carelessness and denial of millions of followers has cost 10s of thousands, if not 100 thousand lives.

It's very likely this current crisis was just a dry run...because something really deadly is coming. It's not if, it's when. Virulent outbreaks and epidemics are not that rare. Any epidemiologist will tell you. It would be nice if we learned from the mistakes (and successes) this time around.

Dealing with the repeated lies, is a problem that tends to get very tiring with post like this.

Dealing with the repeated lies, is a problem that tends to get very tiring with post like this.

Well, no point in exerting yourself for no reason then.

There's no lies in my post...easy enough.

This a free country with constitutional law. The government must go through due process. This process is political.

.....reducing confidence in the government.....

No one should be surprised, this is what republicans want.

jobkillers_425x320.jpg

Except we didn’t. In fact a nurse who was ordered quarantined for Ebola was heralded as a hero for publicly breaking it

In that case we learned nothing did we ?

Instead our government went ahead and told people to self quarantine knowing some would not.

We have paid dearly over 197,000 people in the United States died.

Well, no point in exerting yourself for no reason then.

There's no lies in my post...easy enough.

Which is yet another lie.

So yes, I've gotten really tired of this continued stupidity at this point...

How about this; You mind showing the class where Donald "went off the rails" and where Birx "was muzzled"?

No, it absolutely should not be. And in reality it never is. When governors are using public health as a justification to lock people down, ban religious worship, declare businesses non essential and are now claiming “racism” is a public health issue, it becomes clear public health is a political concept.

The very idea the government should do anything at all to stop you from getting sick is a political question.

And you have at your hands the recourse to say otherwise and vote them out of office. However legally they are in their rights to do what they did.

Don’t like it get the **** out of the state, or in your case, get the **** out of the country as you claimed you were but obviously lying again.

You lie each and every time you say you want to get out of America and continue to lie. Do it or STFU, your choice.

This a free country with constitutional law. The government must go through due process. This process is political.

I think the idea of law was trample on when people were being arrested for reopening their own businesses, or being punished for protesting for such lockdowns in the fist place.

And you have at your hands the recourse to say otherwise and vote them out of office. However legally they are in their rights to do what they did.

Don’t like it get the **** out of the state, or in your case, get the **** out of the country as you claimed you were but obviously lying again.

You lie each and every time you say you want to get out of America and continue to lie. Do it or STFU, your choice.

Because that’s a logical rebuttal.

Lol you libs cannot reason well at all

Because that’s a logical rebuttal.

Lol you libs cannot reason well at all

Actually it is a Rebuttal because I listed the LEGAL means and you just whine and cry about it. Sorry you don't like FACTS but DEAL WITH IT. So again, when the **** are you getting out of the country like you keep lying and saying you will or have you LIED again and you won't leave America like you said you would?

Back
Top Bottom