• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19

Other countries have not made Covid 19 into a political issue. They have treated as a health issue as they should.

I mistaken thought the USA had the finest scientific and medical teams and we could keep This virus more contained as We did during the Ebola health issue.

We needed to isolate and actually quarantine instead of telling them self quarantine,

Yes, and while it hasn't exactly been anything to celebrate, our political party leaders at least worked together to tackle the virus as best they could, recognising the seriousness of the issue and temporarily putting aside political differences. Political bickering and partisan blame shifting gets one nowhere, and that's what I'm seeing in America. Most disgraceful is Trump's cynical manipulation of a deadly pandemic for self-serving political reasons.

And? National emergencies do not subvert the due process of law or the constitution.

The National Emergency pandemic instructs state governments to activate emergency preparedness contingency plans.

Many of our states have a State Constitution that allows our Governors to lock down and issue other orders to protect the health of it’s citizens.

The National Emergency pandemic instructs state governments to activate emergency preparedness contingency plans.

Many of our states have a State Constitution that allows our Governors to lock down and issue other orders to protect the health of it’s citizens.

They are still bound by the US constitution and due process of law.

And what part of a state lock down do you feel interferes with your due process ?

Actually it is a Rebuttal because I listed the LEGAL means and you just whine and cry about it. Sorry you don't like FACTS but DEAL WITH IT. So again, when the **** are you getting out of the country like you keep lying and saying you will or have you LIED again and you won't leave America like you said you would?

The legality of the means was not the discussion. I was saying response to a crisis does not become political because you cry “public health”. I get why you’re lashing out though, if I was not able to understand this concept I might be prone to irrationality as well.

I have also never said I am leaving the country.

And what part of a state lock down do you feel interferes with your due process ?

Sorry wrong thread. Why do you do you think our government has a right to withhold pandemic information from the public and what does that have to do with your due process ?

I think certain government areas should be independent of politics. The CDC should be one of those areas.

Interfering with what the CDC does reducing confidence in the government

Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19

In the Trump era there is no department of government that is separate from the drive to make Trump look good and get re elected. People wanted a businessman to run the country and now they have one, The US of Trump consortium, by the Trump and for the Trump.

All government by its nature is political. The two cannot be separated.

But areas of government operations CAN be IF you WANT them to be and you TRY to keep the separate.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that a very high percentage of the American electorate WANTS to keep some areas of government operations free of politics AND that a large percentage of those who DO WANT to keep some areas of government operations free of politics are willing to get off their butts and TRY to keep those areas free of politics.

But areas of government operations CAN be IF you WANT them to be and you TRY to keep the separate.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that a very high percentage of the American electorate WANTS to keep some areas of government operations free of politics AND that a large percentage of those who DO WANT to keep some areas of government operations free of politics are willing to get off their butts and TRY to keep those areas free of politics.

False. Government by its nature is political. You cannot separate the two.

Which is yet another lie.

So yes, I've gotten really tired of this continued stupidity at this point...

How about this; You mind showing the class where Donald "went off the rails" and where Birx "was muzzled"?

The Donald: his comments on using bleach and light. His lies that we have done the best job fighting the virus of any other country (total lie), his comments that we should do less testing so it doesnt look like we have so many cases :roll: I could go on and on.

Dr. Birx: well, where has she been lately? Here's some proof of her being sidelined, at least partially:

Donald Trump's virus-whisperer: The tragic downfall of Dr. Deborah Birx | Salon.com

Trump criticizes Birx for the first time after she issues coronavirus warnings - CNNPolitics

Bye-Bye Birx? As Fauci Testifies And Trump Rallies, Dr. Deborah Birx Is Noticeably Absent

Pretty easy!

Now...where did I lie?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Where to begin?

Well, you might start out by telling me why you DO NOT believe that "due process" means "the process set forth by law" and DO believe that it means "whatever I want to do I am allowed to do REGARDLESS of what the law says I am allowed to do".

Then you might continue by telling me why you DO NOT believe that "The competent legislative authorities are allowed to pass laws which give them the power to restrict me from doing whatever I want to do".

False. Government by its nature is political. You cannot separate the two.

Quite right, and that is why, in some countries (with the US being a notable exception), the government has made the political decision to set up "redistricting" processes which specifically exclude the participation of political partisans (especially elected representatives) and which are run by persons with sound academic credentials whose sole duty is to follow logical criteria and ensure that each electoral district represents approximately the same number of people.

It is also why, in some countries (with the US being a notable exception), the government has made the political decision to set up "electoral commissions" which specifically exclude the participation of political partisans (especially elected representatives) and are run by persons with sound (and uniform) training whose sole duty is to ensure that all elections are "free, fair, open, and honest" elections.

It is also why, in some countries (with the US being a notable exception), the government has made the political decision to establish voter qualification and identification rules which are specifically set up so as to ensure that the largest number of potentially eligible voters are actually eligible to vote and that the largest number of eligible voters have easy access to acceptable forms of voter ID, and that the process for a voter changing their voter registration is as simple as possible.

It is also why, in some countries (with the US being a notable exception), the general electorate is quite prepared to make the political decision to "Throw The Bums Out" if the elected representatives change any of the above.

However, there are some countries (with the US NOT being a notable exception) where the elected representatives AND the populace accepts widespread gerrymandering, electoral manipulation and voter suppression as, not only the norm but as desirable (provided that it is "OUR Guys" that get to do it).

PS - You do realize that the whole world doesn't run the same way that the US does and that there are countries that have a political party distinction that is actually more marked than that between "The MORE Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Republican Party’)" and "The LESS Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Democratic Party’)", don't you?

The Donald: his comments on using bleach and light. His lies that we have done the best job fighting the virus of any other country (total lie), his comments that we should do less testing so it doesnt look like we have so many cases :roll: I could go on and on.

Dr. Birx: well, where has she been lately? Here's some proof of her being sidelined, at least partially:

Donald Trump's virus-whisperer: The tragic downfall of Dr. Deborah Birx | Salon.com

Trump criticizes Birx for the first time after she issues coronavirus warnings - CNNPolitics

Bye-Bye Birx? As Fauci Testifies And Trump Rallies, Dr. Deborah Birx Is Noticeably Absent

Pretty easy!

Now...where did I lie?

Pretty much everything.
It was all either your opinion, or someone else's. Especially where Birx was involved.

Are opinion pieces all you really had to show here?

And Trump talking about bleach & light. Is that really it, or are you honestly trying to lie about that more than has already been done?

Pretty much everything.
It was all either your opinion, or someone else's. Especially where Birx was involved.

Are opinion pieces all you really had to show here?

And Trump talking about bleach & light. Is that really it, or are you honestly trying to lie about that more than has already been done?

You are reduced to such a flaccid argument? The quotes from people involved arent 'opinions.'

And The Donald discussing bleach and light were clear examples of his divorce from reality and desperation (see my quote below in red). They were just flung out there irresponsibly, not with consideration. Done only to promote his (unfounded) control over the situation.

I proved you wrong. I dont expect you to admit it. You dont have to...the posts and links are here for all to consider.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

You are reduced to such a flaccid argument? The quotes from people involved arent 'opinions.'

And The Donald discussing bleach and light were clear examples of his divorce from reality and desperation (see my quote below in red). They were just flung out there irresponsibly, not with consideration. Done only to promote his (unfounded) control over the situation.

I proved you wrong. I dont expect you to admit it. You dont have to...the posts and links are here for all to consider.

All you're doing, is showing that you have only opinions and not facts on the matter. Then again, it's not like your side hasn't been caught lying about this kind of thing over and over again.

So are you finally done loading down with opinions, or are we actually not going to get back to an actual discussion here?

All you're doing, is showing that you have only opinions and not facts on the matter. Then again, it's not like your side hasn't been caught lying about this kind of thing over and over again.

So are you finally done loading down with opinions, or are we actually not going to get back to an actual discussion here?

People's direct quotes are comments on their experience with The Donald. (or were his own words) Not opinions.

And look at you, now trying to justify The Donald's lying (which the followers generally deny) because "other people lie."

I completely proved you were wrong...and you have nothing new but "it's opinion'...that's not an argument. It's a complaint that you failed. :shrug: Oh well. All those people's own words stand. And not as opinions.

People's direct quotes are comments on their experience with The Donald. (or were his own words) Not opinions.

And look at you, now trying to justify The Donald's lying (which the followers generally deny) because "other people lie."

I completely proved you were wrong...and you have nothing new but "it's opinion'...that's not an argument. It's a complaint that you failed. :shrug: Oh well. All those people's own words stand. And not as opinions.

No, you showed your opinion and now you're doubling down because you literally have nothing else to back up your story. And you can't even answer one simple question asked on how Trump talking about actual medical practice, is him "going off the rails"..

Do you literally not see how you're just injuring yourself in all of this?

No, you showed your opinion and now you're doubling down because you literally have nothing else to back up your story. And you can't even answer one simple question asked on how Trump talking about actual medical practice, is him "going off the rails"..

Do you literally not see how you're just injuring yourself in all of this?

Repeating your falsehood doesnt make it true. No worries...anyone can look at the links and see the direct quotes...not opinions... of others. (Or clearly remember The Donald's own words)

I backed up my opinion perfectly. Annoying for you I suppose, but not a problem for me or the truth.

Back
Top Bottom