• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown; Dems cool to offer

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
And your thoughts?

I missed the remarks pertaining to the furloughed/unpaid government workers..........
It seemed more PR, than substance. I think he just did it to claim he made an offer, thereby have a talking point to blame Pelosi when she turns it down.

If he was serious about negotiating, he would do it behind closed doors with the principles. This event was simply PR theatre ...

The democrats want open borders, they don't give a **** about DACA anymore. That was just a beachfront they offered earlier, on the path to total destruction of our borders and our immigration laws. Trump should take any refusal of DACA as what it is, a plan to destroy Western Civilization.

It seemed more PR, than substance. I think he just did it to claim he made an offer, thereby have a talking point to blame Pelosi when she turns it down.

If he was serious about negotiating, he would do it behind closed doors with the principles. This event was simply PR theatre ...

Pure, unadulterated grandstanding.

As stated typical liberal response as there is compromising with a liberal means giving them everything they want. Shows exactly that the left truly doesn't give a damn about the birthers and just wants to bring down Trump

The left is not negotiating at all, they are truly anti-western civilization.

Make the ****ing deal.

Give the dreamers a pathway to citizenship, give Trump the money he wants to secure the border, and reopen the government.

It's win, win, win, all around.

I thought the whole swearing in of new citizens in the oval office and his speech great reality television other than that it was a bunch of garbage. I'll give back what I took away for what I want.
He took away DACA
He took away TPS
I say **** you mister president until you give up something real and actually negotiate with the other side.

By the way have you guys seen Coulters response....priceless up to about 4:18
"Trump proposes amnesty. We voted for Trump and got Jeb!"

no deal. no SOTU.

We don't negotiate with hostage takers

So I assume you believe Trump is taking your illegal alien voter base hostage by demanding funding for the wall?

Make the ****ing deal.

Give the dreamers a pathway to citizenship, give Trump the money he wants to secure the border, and reopen the government.

But that's not the deal Trump proposed today.

As stated typical liberal response as there is compromising with a liberal means giving them everything they want. Shows exactly that the left truly doesn't give a damn about the birthers and just wants to bring down Trump
What did Trump give them? A temp DACA reprieve? They already have that.

This is sounding like the Trump/GOP "permanent" corporate tax cut, for a "temporary" citizen tax cut. Such a deal! :doh

I missed the remarks pertaining to the furloughed/unpaid government workers..........

You can blame Pelosi for that, she keeps running from Trump to make a deal. She's had a month to stand up and do your job. But no she to much of a coward.

How so? I messed it live but just read the synopsis - seems pretty complete. Chump change for the wall/barrier, protects for DACA. More CBP agents, more tech, more immigration judges. What's not to like? Enough to piss off hard line anti-illegal folks and open border types - the definition of compromise.

If it were up to democrats, every person in the world would have a vote in our elections. The rest of the world on average wishes for our destruction, which is what the democrats want.

The left is not negotiating at all,
Yes. They are not going to concede to Trump holding the government hostage for his own ends. I support them in this. Trump must not be allowed to set this (terrible) precedent.

they are truly anti-western civilization.
What a joke!

Make the ****ing deal.

Give us UHC. Win, win, win, all around.

Back
Top Bottom