• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump offered pardons to officials if they would break law at his request

Wow. DHS leader says illegal behavior is occurring, even outlining what that behavior is. Trump supporter says, "Nope, that is not what he said at all. It is perfectly legal." And you wonder why people say you are part of a cult. :lamo

They don't care. This is the last chance for them to turn the country back to 1859 before they pass away.

What are the Chief of Staff's duties in DHS? I have been unable to find anything for DHS leadership beyond the Secretary. The Chief of Staff is listed as a leader.

Leadership

List of senior leaders at the Department. For more information about an individual listed, including a biography, click on their name.

Secretary (acting), Chad F. Wolf | Secretary's Corner
Deputy Secretary (vacant), Ken Cuccinelli, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Deputy Secretary
Chief of Staff (acting), John Gountanis
Executive Secretary, Clark Barrow
General Counsel (vacant), Chad Mizelle, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the General Counsel
Military Advisor, Rear Admiral Brendan C. McPherson

Leadership | Homeland Security

For a third time, Taylor told us what Trump ordered him to do. He was told to prevent illegal immigrants from entering our country even if they were seeking refuge. That was not an assumption. That was what Taylor said.

They don't care about what Trump ordered him to do. Hell, they agree with it.

It was litigated, and continues to be litigated. It's already been to the Supreme Court and they sided with Trump (for the moment).

Trump’s win at the Supreme Court is a devastating blow to the US asylum system - Vox

There is another class action suit that relates to COVID-19 with similar concerns:

2. Among other things, the Title 42 Process authorizes the summary expulsion of
unaccompanied minors without any procedural protections—even if the children show no signs of
having COVID-19, and even if the children are fleeing danger and seeking protection in the United
States.
3. Plaintiff P.J.E.S. is a 16-year-old boy from Guatemala who came to the United States
unaccompanied. P.J.E.S. was forced to flee to the United States to escape severe persecution in
Guatemala. His father currently lives in the United States and is awaiting immigration
proceedings. After P.J.E.S. came to the United States, CBP apprehended him and subjected him
to the Title 42 Process. He is currently in CBP custody in the McAllen, Texas, area (https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/complaint-3.pdf)​

Your link didn't have anything about Taylor.

Taylor was the Chief of Staff. The link specified that the Chief of Staff is a leadership role that is currently filled by his replacement.

I will provide Taylor's quote a fourth time, and hopefully you will read it this time: "It was made clear to the president that it was against the law for us to simply deny entry to anyone seeking entry across the southern border, including people who were fleeing violence, persecution, danger. Under the law they had the right to come in and try to seek refuge ('The Trump show' continues as RNC heads to second night packed with Donald's family – US politics live | US news | The Guardian)."

What a lazy question. There is nothing illegal about stopping illegal immigrants from entering the country per se, but there are legal and illegal methods that can be implemented in doing so. Clearly, we are discussing in this thread illegal methods and The President's promises to pardon those acts. Had you read the article and the OP, you would have known that. Instead, you lazily asked why it is illegal to prevent something illegal.

The nonsense you responded to is what propels these barely functioning illiterates in Trump's base. Then, of course, when they're owned they respond with an idiotic victory lap????

There is another class action suit that relates to COVID-19 with similar concerns:

2. Among other things, the Title 42 Process authorizes the summary expulsion of
unaccompanied minors without any procedural protections—even if the children show no signs of
having COVID-19, and even if the children are fleeing danger and seeking protection in the United
States.
3. Plaintiff P.J.E.S. is a 16-year-old boy from Guatemala who came to the United States
unaccompanied. P.J.E.S. was forced to flee to the United States to escape severe persecution in
Guatemala. His father currently lives in the United States and is awaiting immigration
proceedings. After P.J.E.S. came to the United States, CBP apprehended him and subjected him
to the Title 42 Process. He is currently in CBP custody in the McAllen, Texas, area (https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/complaint-3.pdf)​

Taylor was the Chief of Staff. The link specified that the Chief of Staff is a leadership role that is currently filled by his replacement.

I will provide Taylor's quote a fourth time, and hopefully you will read it this time: "It was made clear to the president that it was against the law for us to simply deny entry to anyone seeking entry across the southern border, including people who were fleeing violence, persecution, danger. Under the law they had the right to come in and try to seek refuge ('The Trump show' continues as RNC heads to second night packed with Donald's family – US politics live | US news | The Guardian)."

And for the third time, your link to the Guardian does not have any story on Taylor.

Really? This guy is making a claim "Even though he'd been told on repeated occasions that the way he wanted to do it was illegal" A natural question is what was the President asking them to do to stop illegals from crossing the border? Shoot them? If you guys don't know, a simple "I don't know" will suffice rather than jumping up my ass.

You need to stop watching only Fox News.

You need to stop watching only Fox News.

I leave that to great intellects such as yourself. They use words that are too big for poor old simple me.

And for the third time, your link to the Guardian does not have any story on Taylor.

It was on that feed toward the bottom, but it has been bumped off. I did not realize it was not part of the original article. Here is the link to the actual article:

'The Trump show' continues as RNC heads to second night packed with Donald's family – US politics live | US news | The Guardian

There is also this in case that feed breaks again:

Ex-DHS official says Trump offered pardons to immigration officials who broke the law - Axios

The nonsense you responded to is what propels these barely functioning illiterates in Trump's base. Then, of course, when they're owned they respond with an idiotic victory lap????

I hate that they cannot even do simple Google searches. His complaint was that my link to The Guardian did not have anything on Taylor because it was a feed about the convention, so the feed updated with today's stories. That means the link was bad, but he could not just take the quote and do a Google search to find the original? Nope. That would be too difficult for some people.

It was on that feed toward the bottom, but it has been bumped off. I did not realize it was not part of the original article. Here is the link to the actual article:

'The Trump show' continues as RNC heads to second night packed with Donald's family – US politics live | US news | The Guardian

There is also this in case that feed breaks again:

Ex-DHS official says Trump offered pardons to immigration officials who broke the law - Axios

Thanks that worked. Clearly he's wrong, it's not against the law. The Supreme Court already looked at it at the preliminary injunction phase. If the advocacy groups were likely to win, the SC would have upheld the injunction and stopped the administration from sending these folks back to Mexico.

I hate that they cannot even do simple Google searches. His complaint was that my link to The Guardian did not have anything on Taylor because it was a feed about the convention, so the feed updated with today's stories. That means the link was bad, but he could not just take the quote and do a Google search to find the original? Nope. That would be too difficult for some people.

You know what, bite me. It's not my job if you post bull**** links.

You know what, bite me. It's not my job if you post bull**** links.

The information was in the link I provided. You just needed to go to the next page or scroll down to see the story on the feed on the left about DHS. It is not my fault if you have trouble with internet articles.

Back
Top Bottom