• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Objects To Verifying List Of Property Seized From Florida Estate - Court Filing

How would Trump be able to make list of things taken from his home when the FBI blocked his lawyers from observing the operation?
Both he and Trump Jr said they had video surveillance of the entire thing. Trump said he watched it. Did they lie?

How would Trump be able to make list of things taken from his home when the FBI blocked his lawyers from observing the operation?
Remember when Trump's lawyers certified under oath that they had completed a diligent search of the property for all documents that contained classified material markings?
Where Trump and his lawyers lying then, or would they be lying now if they claim not to know whether the items on the inventory were in his possession?

And as you and other Trump apologists have been asked several times, how can he claim that the FBI planted evidence while simultaneously claiming he didn't know what he had or what the FBI took? Check and mate on that lie.

#1 Records as defined by the Presidential Records Act of 1978 are not "personal stuff", they are government property.
#2 Classified documents are government property not "personal stuff". Even if the FPOTUS were to claim that he declassified them (he would be unlikely to succeed on such a claim unless he can present positive evidence of such an action), they would **STILL** be government records and not "personal stuff".

WW
WW, it's been a bit fun, but for me, this horse is dead, I'm done. I'm tired of you and others pretending this is about the law, when you know it is raw naked and IMHO incredibly destructive politics.

Remember when Trump's lawyers certified under oath that they had completed a diligent search of the property for all documents that contained classified material markings?
Where Trump and his lawyers lying then, or would they be lying now if they claim not to know whether the items on the inventory were in his possession?

And as you and other Trump apologists have been asked several times, how can he claim that the FBI planted evidence while simultaneously claiming he didn't know what he had or what the FBI took? Check and mate on that lie.
Yes, lying then or lying now? Same with the claim of watching the video and then saying there was no video. Lying them or lying now? Trumpers seem to willingly forget what he said previously vs what he says now. Why so desperate to believe him? Bizarre

WW, it's been a bit fun, but for me, this horse is dead, I'm done. I'm tired of you and others pretending this is about the law, when you know it is raw naked and IMHO incredibly destructive politics.
Translation...."uncle"

"YoU aNd OtHeR tRuMp ApOlOgIsTs..."

Yeah...nothing you said means jack shit to what I said. How would Trump know what was taken from his home if no one was able to observe it. You didn't answer the question. I predict you won't answer it again, and write more idiotic bullshit.

Both he and Trump Jr said they had video surveillance of the entire thing. Trump said he watched it. Did they lie?
Video surveillance only shows so much, but I'm sure you know that.

Even Trump knows this is about the law

Yes, lying then or lying now? Same with the claim of watching the video and then saying there was no video. Lying them or lying now? Trumpers seem to willingly forget what he said previously vs what he says now. Why so desperate to believe him? Bizarre
Yea, I forgot about the video. Good catch.

And yes, just like Trump himself, his worshippers are always eager to conveniently forget all the things he has previously said that directly contradict what he may be saying now.

"YoU aNd OtHeR tRuMp ApOlOgIsTs..."

Yeah...nothing you said means jack shit to what I said. How would Trump know what was taken from his home if no one was able to observe it. You didn't answer the question. I predict you won't answer it again, and write more idiotic bullshit.

The simple answer, of course, would be to list what you knowingly took. Anything that isn't on that list would raise questions.

The only problem with that for Trump would be that might screw up and actually admit to having something he really isn't supposed to have. So instead, we go with this bullshit smokescreen.

Likely because something was there that Trump knows wasn't there before he left for Trump Tower in Manhattan.
Trump has the complete, detailed inventory of every document seized. If a “new” document was found among the many others that Trump stole, he should be able to identify it/them.

Bottom line on the government documents seized, Trump never owned them and had no right to keep any of them, regardless of classification, once he was shown the door on 1/20/21.

He, and his lawyers, repeatedly obstructed the government in it’s efforts to collect the stolen government property.
Someone from the Secret Service should be able to testify whether or not President Trump usually kept classified folders and docs somewhat neatly arranged and fanned out on the floor left to right - from the wall to the desk - obviously blocking the entryway into what appears to be Trump's office. One of Trump's lawyers said she has been there often and never, ever saw classified folders and docs in a police-style arrangement as was seen in the picture. She also said the place was always immaculate.
Wow. This ^ stupidity rates about an 8 out 10 on the “I have no idea what I’m talking about” scale.

I can see how the presentation of facts after every time a new excuse is tried to justify the illegal possession of government documents and classified materials by the FPOTUS and the stonewalling he did for 18-months can get old.

Have a nice day, but in my opinion we will see you in FPOTUS documents treads again.

WW

Video surveillance only shows so much, but I'm sure you know that.
Yes, I know that but that doesn't change the fact that Trump said he saw the search on video and specifically mentioned his office and Melania's lingerie. Now he says there is no video. Trump knows he had classified documents because he said he" declassified" them. One of two things is true. He is a liar about this matter or he actually "declassified" documents with no understanding of what was in them or how many there were, or how and where they were stored. I think the former is true but if it is the latter he absolutely does not deserve the job of CIC ! Sooner or later even Trumpers are going to say even if just to themselves, this guy is a charlton who is using his base for personal power and money and cannot be trusted with national security ever again.

The speciall master is not going to give him a list of what is there so Trump can say that this and that were planted. Ttump must think everyone is as stupid as he is when it comes to his lies.

That's actually exactly what happened.

Dearie is demanding that Trump put up or shut up - Trump has been given a list of the documents, and Dearie has asked Trump to indicate - on the record - if he will argue that any of them were "planted."

Yes, I know that but that doesn't change the fact that Trump said he saw the search on video and specifically mentioned his office and Melania's lingerie.

Wait what? He said there was video of the FBI Special Agents going through Melania's lingerie?

So the question becomes what guy has video surveillance in his wife's bedroom?

That's either kinky or perverted. (Depending on is she agreed.)

WW

The simple answer, of course, would be to list what you knowingly took. Anything that isn't on that list would raise questions.
The FBI took stuff, not Trump, so your statement makes zero sense.
The only problem with that for Trump would be that might screw up and actually admit to having something he really isn't supposed to have. So instead, we go with this bullshit smokescreen.
Again, how would he even know. No one was there to observe it.

Yes, I know that but that doesn't change the fact that Trump said he saw the search on video and specifically mentioned his office and Melania's lingerie. Now he says there is no video. Trump knows he had classified documents because he said he" declassified" them. One of two things is true. He is a liar about this matter or he actually "declassified" documents with no understanding of what was in them or how many there were, or how and where they were stored. I think the former is true but if it is the latter he absolutely does not deserve the job of CIC ! Sooner or later even Trumpers are going to say even if just to themselves, this guy is a charlton who is using his base for personal power and money and cannot be trusted with national security ever again.
Yeah, he likely knew he had documents, but that means nothing in regards to him being able to list everything that was taken when he wasn't there.

Yeah, he likely knew he had documents, but that means nothing in regards to him being able to list everything that was taken when he wasn't there.

You mean, like, he wouldn't gave an inventory list of the documents he took? Is that what you're saying?

You mean, like, he wouldn't gave an inventory list of the documents he took? Is that what you're saying?
Yeah...he doesn't seem organized/methodical enough to have done anything like that while also not know all what the FBI took.

Yeah...he doesn't seem organized/methodical enough to have done anything like that while also not know all what the FBI took.
So he just throws documents marked classified and/or top secret in his basement and has no idea what he has? And what about that diligent search he was required to conduct pursuant to the subpoena that he did not object to? The one his attorneys certified as having uncovered all the documents with classified markings? And this is the man folks like you still support for president?

So which claim/lie is Trump going to run with:
  • Thru rank incompetence, he doesn't know what he had because he did not have a diligent search done, in violation of the subpoena (obstruction of justice).
  • He and his attorneys lied when they claimed to have searched for all classified documents; or,
  • He does in fact know what he had and what was taken but is lying about it to the court.
There really is no option 4.

So he just throws documents marked classified and/or top secret in his basement and has no idea what he has? And what about that diligent search he was required to conduct pursuant to the subpoena that he did not object to? The one his attorneys certified as having uncovered all the documents with classified markings? And this is the man folks like you still support for president?

So which claim/lie is Trump going to run with:
  • Thru rank incompetence, he doesn't know what he had because he did not have a diligent search done, in violation of the subpoena (obstruction of justice).
^----this, I think. I think he grabbed a bunch of stuff and put it into boxes. Tell me if you think Trump has given you the impression that he'd be methodical and organized in what he does.
  • He and his attorneys lied when they claimed to have searched for all classified documents; or,
Lawyers could've been mistaken.
  • He does in fact know what he had and what was taken but is lying about it to the court.
I don't think this is the case.

^----this, I think. I think he grabbed a bunch of stuff and put it into boxes. Tell me if you think Trump has given you the impression that he'd be methodical and organized in what he does.

Lawyers could've been mistaken.

I don't think this is the case.
If he really didn't know what he had, then he or his attorneys have a lot of explaining to do as to how they could certify they did a diligent search and came up with only 1 redweld of documents marked classified. Are we to believe that with weeks/months to respond to the subpoena, they could not find the 100 or so documents marked classified or top secret that the FBI found in a matter of hours? Including those stashed in his office desk?

Somebody is going to get charged with obstruction of an investigation over this issue. Do you think Trump's attorneys are going to take the fall for him? Or do you think they are going to admit what we all know to be true- that Trump told them what he turned over was all he had and told them to certify that? I'm betting on option B.

At the end of the day, the subpoena was served upon Trump and he is ultimately responsible for his response to it. Good luck telling a federal judge not named Cannon, or a federal jury "I could not find classified documents that were hidden in plain sight in my desk."

Back
Top Bottom