• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Objects To Verifying List Of Property Seized From Florida Estate - Court Filing

Likely because something was there that Trump knows wasn't there before he left for Trump Tower in Manhattan.

If I came home one day with the kids, turned the alarm off, and a little while later cops broke the doors in and trashed the house during their search, then came into the den holding up a large ziplock bag filled with heroin or meth, I would definitely know that the cops planted it as it sure as hell isn't mine or the kids and was not there when we left.

I wonder if the FBI checked every folder and document for fingerprints and DNA. They should have. Of course, all FBI/other agents wore gloves, so none of their fingerprints or DNA should be on any folder or document.

Someone from the Secret Service should be able to testify whether or not President Trump usually kept classified folders and docs somewhat neatly arranged and fanned out on the floor left to right - from the wall to the desk - obviously blocking the entryway into what appears to be Trump's office. One of Trump's lawyers said she has been there often and never, ever saw classified folders and docs in a police-style arrangement as was seen in the picture. She also said the place was always immaculate.
Ever the faithful dog, eh?

I am not surprised that he can't provide an inventory or verify the FBI list, detail is not Trump's strong suit. However, he has said he has video and he has said the FBI planted evidence and he needs to provide evidence of that allegation or Dearie has every right to dismiss his claim. The hotshot lawyer from FL is no longer involved in the MAL matter so it's Trump's B Team in charge and it was reported that they have this matter, the inventory issue, returned to Judge Cannon......Quelle surprise !

Someone from the Secret Service should be able to testify whether or not President Trump usually kept classified folders and docs somewhat neatly arranged and fanned out on the floor left to right - from the wall to the desk - obviously blocking the entryway into what appears to be Trump's office. One of Trump's lawyers said she has been there often and never, ever saw classified folders and docs in a police-style arrangement as was seen in the picture. She also said the place was always immaculate.

1664456358996.png

Someone that doesn't understand what an evidence photo is.

WW

He knows better. It's all a game with these folks defending Trump. Most of them are much smarter than they post. It's been a game since day one with Trump. Most folks just keep the game alive because of the embarrassment that would come from finally telling the truth. It's all very Trumpy.
For a lot of the trumpsters in the real world, it's not a game, at all, they talk of violence all the time and have given us a few displays to show they aren't kidding. The trolls on here who support trump no matter what, I dismiss them and all they have to say flat out, they are good for nothing other than to be made fun of. What amazes me is how many angry white folks there are in america and truthfully I can blame that on the gop and their leadership. They have been telling their base for decades about all the horrors of government and once in office go wild. Nixon and watergate, reagan and iran/contra, W, lied us into a war and then trump who might turn out to be the most criminal of all those wonderful presidents and now the base trusts nothing, half of them no longer trust trump either. The monster the leadership created when obama was president is now out of control completely. These people are angry and they honestly for the most part don't know why other than the bullshit their leadership feeds them. As far as I'm concerned, trump can no longer control his own angry base any longer. How many times and from how many different people have you heard, when can we kill the democrats or we need to start killing the democrats? It's not both parties tearing apart america, it's the angry underbelly the gop has created over the decades.

I am not surprised that he can't provide an inventory or verify the FBI list, detail is not Trump's strong suit. However, he has said he has video and he has said the FBI planted evidence and he needs to provide evidence of that allegation or Dearie has every right to dismiss his claim. The hotshot lawyer from FL is no longer involved in the MAL matter so it's Trump's B Team in charge and it was reported that they have this matter, the inventory issue, returned to Judge Cannon......Quelle surprise !
He did at first, but then at a later interview with Hannity, he admitted there were no cameras in the rooms. He has no video, just another lie to add to the rest.

trump's hand picked special master instructed him to give an inventory of the material removed from mar a lago to establish what he says was planted by the DOJ, so what does trump do?

He refuses.

When given an opportunity to identify what the DOJ planted, he refuses.

His excuse is that he doesn't know what the DOJ took.

If he doesn't know what the DOJ removed from mar a lago how does he know the DOJ planted anything?

I sure hope that Dearie doesn't allow trump to get away with his lies.

How would they know what they took? They would not let his lawyers observe the search.

He did at first, but then at a later interview with Hannity, he admitted there were no cameras in the rooms. He has no video, just another lie to add to the rest.
Or else this new lie is to cover for the fact he does have surveillance tapes and they show no wrongdoing on the part of the FBI...I'm betting that is closer to the truth.

After being slapped down hard by the 11th, I think Judge Cannon is going to stay out of all of this if she is smart.

The speciall master is not going to give him a list of what is there so Trump can say that this and that were planted. Ttump must think everyone is as stupid as he is when it comes to his lies.

But it works so well on his adoring supporters. He has gotten spoiled.

After being slapped down hard by the 11th, I think Judge Cannon is going to stay out of all of this if she is smart.
If she is smart being the operative words.

How would they know what they took? They would not let his lawyers observe the search.

Because the FPOTUS would have (at least for the classified documents) what documents he took.

So he could tell Judge Dearie, here is our inventory. Any items of government property not on this inventory were planted by the FBI.

WW

Because the FPOTUS would have (at least for the classified documents) what documents he took.

So he could tell Judge Dearie, here is our inventory. Any items of government property not on this inventory were planted by the FBI.

WW
As his lawyers have already said, it's a defense strategy. They probably have a real strong feeling that Trump will be indicted. They don't want to give away their defense before they need it.

Likely because something was there that Trump knows wasn't there before he left for Trump Tower in Manhattan.

If I came home one day with the kids, turned the alarm off, and a little while later cops broke the doors in and trashed the house during their search, then came into the den holding up a large ziplock bag filled with heroin or meth, I would definitely know that the cops planted it as it sure as hell isn't mine or the kids and was not there when we left.

I wonder if the FBI checked every folder and document for fingerprints and DNA. They should have. Of course, all FBI/other agents wore gloves, so none of their fingerprints or DNA should be on any folder or document.

Are you serious with this shit?

Using your analogy, when a judge asked me to provide a list of things that weren't there before the cops showed up, you can bet your ass that I would immediately add that bag of smack to the list. Not doing so leaves the possibility that it is indeed mine.

Only a moron wouldnt.

Can you try that again?

WW
I doubt they have an inventory of every item in their house. Do you? They were taking articles of clothing.

Can you try that again?

I doubt they have an inventory of every item in their house. Do you? They were taking articles of clowouldn't.

He should have had a record of every document he took simply because of the PRA.

Hell, the government knows what he took, so how does he not know what he has in his possession, outside of attention to details not being his forte.

The fact he does not know what was in his possession shows the total lack of concern for the protection of the information he removed and refused to return....and he is the leader of the "personal responsibility" and "law and order" crowd!

Can you try that again?

I doubt they have an inventory of every item in their house. Do you? They were taking articles of clothing.

Sure.

Are you saying that the FPOTUS does not know what documents he claims he declassified?

Hyperbole? We aren't talking about an inventory of every item he has in his house. The number of spare toilet paper rolls under the counter in his bath room is not relevant to the question at hand. The question at hand is the government property illegally in his possession and his claim he declassified specific items. (NOTE: A claim he has made in public but has refused to make in court filings.)

WW

He should have had a record of every document he took simply because of the PRA.
Virtually all of the stuff he had in storage was personal stuff.
Hell, the government knows what he took, so how does he not know what he has in his possession, outside of attention to details not being his forte.
They had no idea, otherwise they would have asked for specific documents.

Sure.

Are you saying that the FPOTUS does not know what documents he claims he declassified?

I'm saying he didn't have an inventory of every item of stuff he had in his home. Do you?
Hyperbole? We aren't talking about an inventory of every item he has in his house. The number of spare toilet paper rolls under the counter in his bath room is not relevant to the question at hand. The question at hand is the government property illegally in his possession and his claim he declassified specific items. (NOTE: A claim he has made in public but has refused to make in court filings.)

WW
No hyperbole. They literally searched his entire home. Melania's panty drawers and his son's room. How the **** is he supposed to give them an inventory of what they took. He has no idea, neither would you.

Virtually all of the stuff he had in storage was personal stuff.

#1 Records as defined by the Presidential Records Act of 1978 are not "personal stuff", they are government property.

#2 Classified documents are government property not "personal stuff". Even if the FPOTUS were to claim that he declassified them (he would be unlikely to succeed on such a claim unless he can present positive evidence of such an action), they would **STILL** be government records and not "personal stuff".

WW

trump's hand picked special master instructed him to give an inventory of the material removed from mar a lago to establish what he says was planted by the DOJ, so what does trump do?

He refuses.

When given an opportunity to identify what the DOJ planted, he refuses.

His excuse is that he doesn't know what the DOJ took.

If he doesn't know what the DOJ removed from mar a lago how does he know the DOJ planted anything?

I sure hope that Dearie doesn't allow trump to get away with his lies.

How would Trump be able to make list of things taken from his home when the FBI blocked his lawyers from observing the operation?

I';m saying he didn't have an inventory of every item of stuff he had in his home. Do you?

No hyperbole. They literally searched his entire home. Melania's panty drawers and his son't room. How the **** is he supposed to give them an inventory of what they took. He has no idea, neither would you.

And no one is saying he should have had an inventory of every item in his home. He **SHOULD** have had an inventory of all government property (classified and unclassified) in his home.

Actually we do. We know that items collected were defined and authorized under the search warrant. The FPOTUS is being given the opportunity to indicate if there are planted items.

WW

How would Trump be able to make list of things taken from his home when the FBI blocked his lawyers from observing the operation?

Because the items taken from his home fit into very defined limitations pertaining to the search warrant.

WW

Mind boggling that you, Trump and fellow Trumpers continue to throw out this blathering about the picture showing documents spread out on the floor. Comically stupid.

No one claimed that was how the files were found in Trump's office. The documents were fanned out and photographed as an exhibit submitted to the court to demonstrate the types of documents/folders that were seized. Nothing more.

But glad the special master is calling Trump's bluff.
Trump can do 1 of 3 things: 1) supply some evidence to support his thus far unsubstantiated claim about planted evidence; 2) agree to certify the inventory produced by the government; or 3) refuse to certify by admitting he was so sloppy in storing documents that included classified and top secret materials, that he has no idea what he had on premises and thus can't certify what was taken.

Virtually all of the stuff he had in storage was personal stuffthus.....

Even if you are correct, which I highly doubt, virtually does not equate to all. That means he ALSO had stuff he wasnt entitled to.

Not so much. He turned over 15 boxes back in June. They went through them and realized there were things unaccounted for and asked him for the missing items. How do you think they knew things were missing? You think they just got lucky that there was another 19 boxes on raid day?

Nope....they knew.

Back
Top Bottom