• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump not a racist asshole, but some of his supporters? That's a different story.

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump needs to disavow the racist buttheads who have flocked to his campaign, and do what he can to mitigate the damage he caused. Is Trump racist? Outwardly, it might appear so, but appearances can be deceiving. Yes, he said that a black protester who was removed from one of his rallies maybe should have been roughed up a little, and he has said other inflammatory things, but IMHO, I believe that not to be because of racism, but because he is the Howard Stern of politics. Almost everything he says is controversial.

But, let's go to the infamous image of the Star of David over piles of money that many say is a smoking gun that proves his anti-Semitism. To Donald Trump's credit, he issued an apology to AIPAC. In that apology, he acknowledged that this image did come from a Neo-Nazi web site. He said he did not realize it until the issue hit the fan. He ordered the image taken down, issued the apology, and ordered his staff to be more careful in what they posted online. Kudos to Trump for that.

However, with a few of his supporters, it's a whole different story. When Bethany Mandel wrote a non-complimentary article about Trump, her Twitter feed became filled with posts from a multitude of Trump supporters who called her a slimy Jewess, told her that an oven was waiting for her, and issued so many death threats that she now carries a gun. Same with Dana Milbank who writes for the Washington Post. Trump supporters called him "A bigoted Kike supremacist", and "A Nazi-style cartoon of a big-nosed Jewish man with a skull cap and bad teeth".

Now that we know Neo-Nazis are supporting Trump by viciously attacking those who criticize him, Trump can do something himself right now - Not only denounce and disavow any support for these assholes, but also announce that, if elected, these bigots will rue the day they supported him.

Re: Trump not a racist asshole, but some of his supporters? That's a different story

Trump is absolutely racist

Re: Trump not a racist asshole, but some of his supporters? That's a different story

Just playing Devil's advocate today. Seems that, on this one, the Devil is not well liked. LOL. :mrgreen:

Even if trump is racist... so what? Nothing he can do about it. Issues we need to address? China. Budget. Terrorism. Mexico.

"...but also announce that, if elected, these bigots will rue the day they supported him."

Interesting comment. What do you want him to do to these meanies if elected?

Trump needs to disavow the racist buttheads who have flocked to his campaign, and do what he can to mitigate the damage he caused. Is Trump racist? Outwardly, it might appear so, but appearances can be deceiving. Yes, he said that a black protester who was removed from one of his rallies maybe should have been roughed up a little, and he has said other inflammatory things, but IMHO, I believe that not to be because of racism, but because he is the Howard Stern of politics. Almost everything he says is controversial.

But, let's go to the infamous image of the Star of David over piles of money that many say is a smoking gun that proves his anti-Semitism. To Donald Trump's credit, he issued an apology to AIPAC. In that apology, he acknowledged that this image did come from a Neo-Nazi web site. He said he did not realize it until the issue hit the fan. He ordered the image taken down, issued the apology, and ordered his staff to be more careful in what they posted online. Kudos to Trump for that.

However, with a few of his supporters, it's a whole different story. When Bethany Mandel wrote a non-complimentary article about Trump, her Twitter feed became filled with posts from a multitude of Trump supporters who called her a slimy Jewess, told her that an oven was waiting for her, and issued so many death threats that she now carries a gun. Same with Dana Milbank who writes for the Washington Post. Trump supporters called him "A bigoted Kike supremacist", and "A Nazi-style cartoon of a big-nosed Jewish man with a skull cap and bad teeth".

Now that we know Neo-Nazis are supporting Trump by viciously attacking those who criticize him, Trump can do something himself right now - Not only denounce and disavow any support for these assholes, but also announce that, if elected, these bigots will rue the day they supported him.

This thread would make some sense if it asked BOTH Trump and Clinton to disavow bigots and hatemongers.

Since that is not the route you chose, I consider this as just another of the I-Hate-Trump threads we see here.

Even if trump is racist... so what? Nothing he can do about it. Issues we need to address? China. Budget. Terrorism. Mexico.

We (Americans) can vote against him and we can have him investigated for racist and un-American activities

Last edited:

We (Americans) can vote against him and we can have him investigated.

Have him investigated? For what? Morals?

Good times. I remember liberals literally ****ting themselves rushing to claim Obama had no obligation to distance himself from his pastor...and every other racist and terrorist he has associated with throughout his political career.

We (Americans) can vote against him and we can have him investigated for racist and un-American activities

I am voting for him...

you might care if you weren't white

What is his plan to roll back civil rights laws then?

Have him investigated? For what? Morals?

Anything that violates the Civil Rights act of 1964. I'm sure we can find a treasure trove of such behavior.

Morals is a waste of time he has none.

not anymore than your average republican

not enforce them and actively violate them if not elected president.

No plan then... ok.
i read that as

What?.... is his plan to roll back civil rights laws then?

I'm sure he's less racist today.

LOL

I think everybody is less racist today. Even New York liberals.

Even if trump is racist... so what?

Do you care if he is sexist?

Do you care if he is sexist?

rarely is the questioned asked "Is Donald Trump transphobic?"

Anything that violates the Civil Rights act of 1964. I'm sure we can find a treasure trove of such behavior.

So you want to conduct a witch hunt... nice.

Morals is a waste of time he has none.

He is Hitler after all... right?

not enforce them and actively violate them if not elected president.

Trump's plan is to not enforce civil rights laws? How does he do that exactly? Tell cops to violate black people's rights and get the courts to back up illegal arrests? I have heard claims like yours before but nobody really seems to say how he will not enforce them... at least not logically.

Back
Top Bottom