• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump names Mick Mulvaney as acting chief of staff, replacing Gen. Kelly

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
(WHDH) — President Trump announced on Twitter Friday that Mick Mulvaney will be named acting chief of staff, replacing outgoing chief of staff Gen. John Kelly.

Mulvaney is currently serving as the director of the office of management and budget as well as the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

https://whdh.com/news/trump-names-mick-mulvaney-as-acting-chief-of-staff-replacing-gen-kelly/

He is a pitfull and did a great job reforming the CFPB.

I am sure he will do well.

Maybe he will last a year, maybe not.

What happened to the 5 Trump had on his list???
No, do not say they all turned it down. Really Why?????????
I understand, yes I do, significant legal fees at way beyond what they can afford, so ya I understand all 5 saying NO, and heading to the elevator

https://whdh.com/news/trump-names-mick-mulvaney-as-acting-chief-of-staff-replacing-gen-kelly/

Bad news, he was hardly a pit bull protecting consumers from predatory lending practices. Not often you see an agency castrate itself. Good news, since he didn’t believe in the role of the agency and seemed to want to preside over its dismantling, he might be the perfect person to have around as Trump’s presidency dismantles. Obvious news, he is as openly corrupt as Trump, given his famous statement on pay-to-play for lobbyists.

Bad news, he was hardly a pit bull protecting consumers from predatory lending practices. Not often you see an agency castrate itself. Good news, since he didn’t believe in the role of the agency and seemed to want to preside over its dismantling, he might be the perfect person to have around as Trump’s presidency dismantles. Obvious news, he is as openly corrupt as Trump, given his famous statement on pay-to-play for lobbyists.

predatory lending practices is not a legal problem, it is a psychological problem. People that are buying BMWs on SSI or getting loans with 700% interest deserve to be shot!

predatory lending practices is not a legal problem, it is a psychological problem. People that are buying BMWs on SSI or getting loans with 700% interest deserve to be shot!

Loan sharking was made legal? Who knew? Somewhere my Sicilian Uncle Louie R is smiling, as that’s how he made his living. A man before his time.

Psychological? There are plenty of reasons we monitor and regulate lending practices, or weren’t you around in 2008, Dr. Freund?

Go ahead and read him his Miranda rights now.

Maybe he will last a year, maybe not.

Well, they are calling him “acting” Chief of Staff which leads me to believe he will just do the job until a permanent CoS is selected and then he will go back to his previous position.

Loan sharking was made legal? Who knew? Somewhere my Sicilian Uncle Louie R is smiling, as that’s how he made his living. A man before his time.

Psychological? There are plenty of reasons we monitor and regulate lending practices, or weren’t you around in 2008, Dr. Freund?

Loan sharking was never made legal. We hardly need another consumer protection agency when we have"

The Better Business Bureau
Each state has an Attorney General office
Most local news agencies have a consumer protection representative.

Just more red tape .....

Loan sharking was never made legal. We hardly need another consumer protection agency when we have"

The Better Business Bureau
Each state has an Attorney General office
Most local news agencies have a consumer protection representative.

Just more red tape .....

So if my state AG has bigger fish to fry than my loan problem, if I get shafted I should call the BBB or the local news? Sounds like a plan that would have prevented the Great Recession.

If the agency shouldnt exist, conservatives, stand up on your hind legs, make your arguments, and abolish it.

So if my state AG has bigger fish to fry than my loan problem, if I get shafted I should call the BBB or the local news? Sounds like a plan that would have prevented the Great Recession.

If the agency shouldnt exist, conservatives, stand up on your hind legs, make your arguments, and abolish it.

You file a complaint on the AG's website and they respond back within 3-5 business days. They have consumer representatives that will assist you.

You also have YELP.

Love the pick. Should help Trump push his agenda more aggressively.

Wrong, Buck-o. Mulvaney is a place keeper. You must have missed that part about "acting" chief of staff. Why in the hell would Mulvaney want that job? Hint: He doesn't.

Trump said he has 5 fantastic people on his short list. We already know that the mythical 5 have been paired down to 4 as Chris Christy told Trump he did not want to be considered. Mulvaney doesn't either or he would not be acting COS. That narrows the mythical list down to 3. We can be fairly certain that Jared doesn't want the damn job. I guess the other two white males, whoever they are, don't want the job either.

Most of the other people Trump would pick are either convicted felons or soon to be indicted. No sane person on earth wants the job, Bucky, even Mulvaney.

Wrong, Buck-o. Mulvaney is a place keeper. You must have missed that part about "acting" chief of staff. Why in the hell would Mulvaney want that job? Hint: He doesn't.

Trump said he has 5 fantastic people on his short list. We already know that the mythical 5 have been paired down to 4 as Chris Christy told Trump he did not want to be considered. Mulvaney doesn't either or he would not be acting COS. That narrows the mythical list down to 3. We can be fairly certain that Jared doesn't want the damn job. I guess the other two white males, whoever they are, don't want the job either.

Most of the other people Trump would pick are either convicted felons or soon to be indicted. No sane person on earth wants the job, Bucky, even Mulvaney.

And Mulvaney is a craven, power hungry man. Says a lot if he's turning down one of the most important political jobs in the nation.

And Mulvaney is a craven, power hungry man. Says a lot if he's turning down one of the most important political jobs in the nation.

Mulvaney is as Swampy as a person can be. He is all the things that Trump cultists and QAnon window lickers profess to hate. They like Mulvaney because Trump said Mulvaney is "good man". If, with no connection to Trump, Mulvaney's pedigree was listed and Trumpers were forced to be objective they would be apoplectic. Mulvaney is Swampy as hell. But Trump said Mulvaney is a good man and so they love a Swamp guy. Of course it doesn't make sense but neither does Trump.

No matter. No one can be successful as COS under Trump. Can't happen. In the scheme of things it doesn't really matter who sits in that chair. Trump is not going to respond to Mulvaney unless Mulvaney tells Trump what Trump wants to hear. That's the way it works with Trump.

I have no idea how long the honeymoon period will be but soon enough Trump turn on Mulvaney, slander him, attack him in front of staff and render him null and void. That is what Trump does. In the end Mulvaney's rising star will be tarnished and shat upon.

Last edited:
Well, they are calling him “acting” Chief of Staff which leads me to believe he will just do the job until a permanent CoS is selected and then he will go back to his previous position.

Agreed. Mulvaney has already stated publicly (several times) that he does not want the job.

Of course, so has everyone else whose name has been mentioned, lol.

Agreed. Mulvaney has already stated publicly (several times) that he does not want the job.

Of course, so has everyone else whose name has been mentioned, lol.

He had to make the sacrifice because he couldn't leave Trump hanging. Someone had to step up so Republicans wouldn't be even more embarrassed than they already are by the trainwreck in the White House.

You file a complaint on the AG's website and they respond back within 3-5 business days. They have consumer representatives that will assist you.

So you would go with abolishing the agency because there are state options available, I assume, right? Look this is fairly simple: there were big problems in the collapse of 2008. The CFPB was created in 2011. This guy has been spending his time neglecting the purpose of the agency. That’s my beef. The fact that a state AG might be able to deal with my problems is irrelevant to his poor performance. The president or allies can introduce legislation. If he doesn’t like consumer financial protection, have them abolish the agency.

:lamo

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/1073967464864714752

Ronald Klain@RonaldKlain

Missed point about the @MickMulvaneyOMB pick:

By installing a Senate confirmed official as CoS (who is not quitting as OMB chief) Trump blunders into being the first POTUS to have a CoS who can be called to testify before Congress.

7:46 AM - 15 Dec 2018 from Chevy Chase, MD

Nonsense. Predatory stuff generally includes a whole slew of habadashery used to convince people they can afford it, while the numbers behind the scenes tell a different tale.

It's not as easy as you insinuate for people to simply make bad choices. Usually they are mislead, and when it comes to business practices, they're almost always mislead.

Back
Top Bottom