• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump 'money bomb' scheme raised millions from unwitting donors – report

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Practice that used pre-checked boxes and obscure design on fundraising emails condemned as ‘unethical and inappropriate’

Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign used pre-checked boxes and obscure design on fundraising emails to wring millions of dollars out of unwitting supporters, detonating a “money bomb” which allowed the Republican to compete against Joe Biden in the last months of the race.

Trump and Carlson lead backlash as MLB pulls All-Star Game from Georgia
Read more

The practice, pursued by the campaign and WinRed, a for-profit company, was detailed in an extensive report by the New York Times on Saturday. It is legal, but Ira Rheingold, executive director of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, told the paper it was “unfair, unethical and inappropriate”.

Another expert quoted by the Times said such “dark pattern” digital marketing “should be in textbooks of what you shouldn’t do” in politics.
============================================================
Why am I not surprised that the founder of a scam like Trump University would be implicated in at least unethical money-raising practices. The only good thing about this is that he didn't raise enough to get reelected.

Robbing a guy in hospice with cancer until his bank account was depleted. How much longer until this disgusting slime is imprisoned?

Grifters gotta grift.

I no longer feel sorry for anyone, no matter their economic situation, who's been fleeced by Trump...

He's got a track record of being a conman for decades. From his charities, to his university, to the thousands of people who worked for him but never got paid..

It's 100% on the rubes he's still fleecing.

Robbing a guy in hospice with cancer until his bank account was depleted. How much longer until this disgusting slime is imprisoned?

For as long as there are suckers that are willing to remain so, probably being born every 10 seconds these days, that this flim-flam huckster takes for the chumps they are.

I no longer feel sorry for anyone, no matter their economic situation, who's been fleeced by Trump...

He's got a track record of being a conman for decades. From his charities, to his university, to the thousands of people who worked for him but never got paid..

It's 100% on the rubes he's still fleecing.

Couldn't agree more.

If you're stupid enough to support Trump then you leave yourself open to the known conman conning you. No sympathy.

Practice that used pre-checked boxes and obscure design on fundraising emails condemned as ‘unethical and inappropriate’

Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign used pre-checked boxes and obscure design on fundraising emails to wring millions of dollars out of unwitting supporters, detonating a “money bomb” which allowed the Republican to compete against Joe Biden in the last months of the race.

Trump and Carlson lead backlash as MLB pulls All-Star Game from Georgia
Read more

The practice, pursued by the campaign and WinRed, a for-profit company, was detailed in an extensive report by the New York Times on Saturday. It is legal, but Ira Rheingold, executive director of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, told the paper it was “unfair, unethical and inappropriate”.

Another expert quoted by the Times said such “dark pattern” digital marketing “should be in textbooks of what you shouldn’t do” in politics.
============================================================
Why am I not surprised that the founder of a scam like Trump University would be implicated in at least unethical money-raising practices. The only good thing about this is that he didn't raise enough to get reelected.
and his supporters thinks he loves them, LOL!!! The worlds best con man, Donald Trump.

Ethics, values, integrity, truthfulness.....none of that matters to Trumpers. In fact, they seem to value the opposite and actually enjoy his hateful rhetoric and support his attack against democracy. Thankfully their numbers are considerably less than those who see him for what he is.

Couldn't agree more.

If you're stupid enough to support Trump then you leave yourself open to the known conman conning you. No sympathy.

I've lived long enough to have been taken by people when I should've known better and thus feel the one responsible and not sorry for myself but I know who is the culprit. I do not seek comfort nor accept any. Revenge is a mere possibility at a sure cost greater than the loss. That is when I say "F me" as my only consolation.

Back
Top Bottom