• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump met Putin without staff or note takers present — again

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.vox.com/2019/1/29/18202515/trump-putin-russia-g20-ft-note

[h=1]Trump met Putin without staff or note takers present — again[/h][h=2]Trump reportedly keeps finding a way to meet the Russian leader privately.[/h]
If you’re a US president, it’s probably not a great idea to meet with a foreign leader who meddled in your country’s elections without some way to record what’s being discussed.
But that’s just what President Donald Trump apparently did — again.
According to the Financial Times, Trump spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin during last November’s G20 summit in Argentina without a US official present to take notes. First lady Melania Trump was by the president’s side during the chat, but no staff joined them.
The White House had previously acknowledged that both leaders met for an “informal” talk but didn’t disclose that Trump had no official member of his team present. Putin did have someone, though: his translator, although it’s unclear if that person wrote anything down.

I wonder what classified info he shared with the Russians this time. :shrug:

Trump is a damn traitor who has sold out his nation and its people for his own benefit. And spare me the legal definitions since any patriot with a brain knows what a traitor is regardless of the legal definition.

In future generations, the name of Benedict Arnold will be replaced by Donald Trump.

i'm sure that they just had some coffee and discussed the weather.

There it is, folks. Trump had secret conversations with Putin. What more evidence is needed to impeach? :roll:

kerry-putin.jpg

Why would Russia's puppet president need to have a record available to the American's? Makes no sense. Russian recordings, and note-takers, only.
If you want to know what happened, you'll have to go through appropriate Russian channels and see what they can provide.

Too bad there weren't any open mikes around, eh?

Oh...wait...that only matters depending on whether the media likes the President or not.

Moving on...

Does "treason" exist on US Statutes ?

Is the penalty death ?

Now that'd be great, execute a President just because he's a little dirty.

Trump sold us out when he passed his tax plan and he doesn't even know it because he thinks he's making the economy and his pocketbook is bigger so he feels better as you can feel better with him too.

If those around him were not constantly making it impossible for him to work by betraying everything he says this would not have happened. The original sin here goes to lots of directions, to include Deep State.

He was just telling Vlad he'd have more flexibility after the elections. :cool:

Does "treason" exist on US Statutes ?

Is the penalty death ?

Yes but the Constitution says "treason" requires aiding and abetting an enemy we have declared war on. But we have still executed spies for Russia by calling it "sedition" instead.

He was just telling Vlad he'd have more flexibility after the elections. :cool:

In Obama's case that meant applying harsh sanctions on Russian oligarchs so I doubt that is the case for Trump. He is all about removing those sanctions on Russia.

There it is, folks. Trump had secret conversations with Putin. What more evidence is needed to impeach? :roll:

View attachment 67249198

When was Kerry president? Did I miss it?

So Kerry had secret negotiations with Putin with no one else in the room, with the notes of the translator confiscated and destroyed? Is that what your'e saying?

I'm guessing if Obama had done this you would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Last edited:
In Obama's case that meant applying harsh sanctions on Russian oligarchs so I doubt that is the case for Trump. He is all about removing those sanctions on Russia.

Hillary and Obama paved the way for our good relations with Putin.

One misspelled RESET button and one "I told Putin to cut it out." did the trick.

Terrible sanctions.

Last edited:
If those around him were not constantly making it impossible for him to work by betraying everything he says this would not have happened. The original sin here goes to lots of directions, to include Deep State.

That's not true at all. He's a traitor and is doing an excellent job of destroying this country. The fact that his out of control power grabbing has been kept in check by Congress only means there's still people in government that are determined to put stop gaps on this want-to-be dictator. God bless them for doing that too.

If RTrump’s performance at Helsinki didn’t sicken an American, nothing will.

That's not true at all. He's a traitor and is doing an excellent job of destroying this country. The fact that his out of control power grabbing has been kept in check by Congress only means there's still people in government that are determined to put stop gaps on this want-to-be dictator. God bless them for doing that too.
"Destroying this country", not even close. He's working like mad to reverse the damage done by his predecessor's inept attempts to "fundamental transform America". And, thank god, he's making progress

It is true....I watched it happen....all too often I watched our elites do exactly the opposite of what they should have done, what they would have done if they believed what came out of their mouths and keyboards......But we are such colossal liars now....We used to be better.......sad....

EDIT: Just the otherday I read someone Somewhere (No I dont know right now, I could perhaps figure it out, if I wanted to) a journalist asking "Should we have actually lowered our journalistic standards "BECAUSE TRUMP!!!!!!!!" ? You know a big part of the problem is that folks dont believe us anymore too much of the time, thus when we talk not enough happens because we have lost the people.....well is it any wonder with how what we do looks to them? (paraphrase of course)".

Should we reconsider our behavior?

The answer for the Dim is Yes, behaving better is always the better idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom