• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump meets with My Pillow Guy today. Martial Law coming?

like i said in the other thread, the Joint Chiefs seem to have indicated that they won't play ball with extremist nutball schemes.

Just when we thought things couldn't get nuttier. Oh well, only 4 1/2 days left. What could go wrong?

Well, obvious Twitter approved this so it must be absolutely true, right?

^^
Bullseye posted that without looking at what was being cited. Not that anyone has ever mistaken a Bullseye post for informed debate....

Well, obvious Twitter approved this so it must be absolutely true, right?
Are you claiming that the picture was photoshopped?

like i said in the other thread, the Joint Chiefs seem to have indicated that they won't play ball with extremist nutball schemes.
Correct. This issue isn’t new.

“Gen. John Hyten, now the nation's No. 2 military officer, told an audience at a military forum in 2017 that leaders would not obey an illegal order and can advise the president before launching.

“And if it’s illegal, guess what’s going to happen? I’m going to say, ‘Mr. President, that’s illegal.’ And guess what he’s going to do? He’s going to say, ‘What would be legal?’ And we’ll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that’s the way it works. It’s not that complicated.”

Retired Gen. Colin Powell, a former Joint Chiefs chairman, cautioned on Friday against bringing the nuclear codes into the discussion on Trump and his final days, insisting that the concerns about a madman left to his own devices with the launch codes is simply not the way it works.

"We've seen him do some crazy things, but let's not start dragging out things like nuclear codes," he said on NBC's "Today" show before Pelosi made her announcement. "I was the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and I can tell you for sure that if something like this ever happened and someone suddenly said, 'We want to use a nuclear weapon,' they would never get near it."

However likely the scenario of Trump ordering a nuclear missile strike may be in people’s opinions, the reality is that an arbitrary order to fire nuclear missiles would not be followed.

Correct. This issue isn’t new.

“Gen. John Hyten, now the nation's No. 2 military officer, told an audience at a military forum in 2017 that leaders would not obey an illegal order and can advise the president before launching.

“And if it’s illegal, guess what’s going to happen? I’m going to say, ‘Mr. President, that’s illegal.’ And guess what he’s going to do? He’s going to say, ‘What would be legal?’ And we’ll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that’s the way it works. It’s not that complicated.”

Retired Gen. Colin Powell, a former Joint Chiefs chairman, cautioned on Friday against bringing the nuclear codes into the discussion on Trump and his final days, insisting that the concerns about a madman left to his own devices with the launch codes is simply not the way it works.

"We've seen him do some crazy things, but let's not start dragging out things like nuclear codes," he said on NBC's "Today" show before Pelosi made her announcement. "I was the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and I can tell you for sure that if something like this ever happened and someone suddenly said, 'We want to use a nuclear weapon,' they would never get near it."

However likely the scenario of Trump ordering a nuclear missile strike may be in people’s opinions, the reality is that an arbitrary order to fire nuclear missiles would not be followed.

i'm glad that a new war hasn't been started yet, and hopefully won't be. the pandemic has been bad enough.

i'm glad that a new war hasn't been started yet, and hopefully won't be. the pandemic has been bad enough.
To Trump’s credit, he didn’t get us into any new military conflicts. Likely because he was too busy destroying relationships with longtime allies, but hey, gotta give credit where it’s due.

To Trump’s credit, he didn’t get us into any new military conflicts. Likely because he was too busy destroying relationships with longtime allies, but hey, gotta give credit where it’s due.

my concern is what his supporters could do in the future. it doesn't feel over.

^^
Bullseye posted that without looking at what was being cited. Not that anyone has ever mistaken a Bullseye post for informed debate....
Irony, irony, irony. And you probably don’t see it. Of course I read it - how else would I know how idiotically LW jabberwocky it was?

Bullseye: "The story isn't true, and I don't deny the central basis of the story."

Ho.....kayyyyyy.

You guys are missing the significance of the event and the plans the two hatched: next time attackers plan to rush the Capitol with pillows and smother democrats. Take that, metal detector!

my concern is what his supporters could do in the future. it doesn't feel over.
No, it doesn’t. Whatever they do, they will face the consequences.

We sane Americans vastly outnumber the truly deluded Trumpsters, and we have our government back.

So you just think pillow guy wrote stuff like that down for no reason?
Given the idiotic shit I’ve seen the brain-altered left spew, I wouldn’t rule out ANY motivation for his verbal diarrhea.

The My Pillow Guy is the new Trump co-conspirator? Lol. The My Pillow Guy is the only one Trump has left.

Given the idiotic shit I’ve seen the brain-altered left spew, I wouldn’t rule out ANY motivation for his verbal diarrhea.

Um, the MyPillow guy is a huge Trumper.

Back
Top Bottom