• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Mattis out as Defense Secretary Jan. 1

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It has been announced that Gen. Mattis will leave Jan 1 rather than February as he had announced.

https://abc7ny.com/politics/trump-mattis-out-as-defense-secretary-jan-1;-deputy-to-be-acting-chief/4954501/

Trump: Mattis out as Defense Secretary Jan. 1; deputy to be acting chief

WASHINGTON, D.C. --
President Donald Trump says Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will leave his post on Jan. 1. Trump announced Mattis' new departure date in a tweet, and said he's naming deputy defense chief Patrick Shanahan as acting secretary.

It has been announced that Gen. Mattis will leave Jan 1 rather than February as he had announced.

https://abc7ny.com/politics/trump-mattis-out-as-defense-secretary-jan-1;-deputy-to-be-acting-chief/4954501/

WASHINGTON, D.C. --
President Donald Trump says Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will leave his post on Jan. 1. Trump announced Mattis' new departure date in a tweet, and said he's naming deputy defense chief Patrick Shanahan as acting secretary.

Seems to many of us that trump finally read or comprehended the letter which is why he now feels the need to get rid of Mattis before his departure date. What a small petty man trump is. Once again, trump does what’s best for his emotions and not what’s best for our country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to many of us that trump finally read or comprehended the letter which is why he now feels the need to get rid of Mattis before his departure date. What a small petty man trump is. Once again, trump does what’s best for his emotions and not what’s best for our country.

Yep, arrogant little bastard can't handle criticism about his crumbling regime

Once again for the one millionth time on DP Trump is bad, trump is petty, i don't like Trump....... Oh my? :peace

Once again for the one millionth time on DP Trump is bad, trump is petty, i don't like Trump....... Oh my? :peace

Please tell me what is so wrong with Mattis staying until 2/28? Wouldn’t that make for a better transition overall? What is trump’s reasoning on this, other than to show Mattis who is boss?

Petty.

Kushner is going to have his work cut out for him being Secretary of Defense, Chief of Staff, and Chair of the Federal Reserve.

Please tell me what is so wrong with Mattis staying until 2/28? Wouldn’t that make for a better transition overall? What is trump’s reasoning on this, other than to show Mattis who is boss?

Petty.

I don’t know what Trump’s motivations are, but it’s not Mattis’s choice on how long he gets to stay once he’s resigned. If he doesn’t support Trump’s decisions, why would Trump want to keep him around for two months?

Petty.

Not sure if you ever had a job. When you quit the company makes the final decision as to when you leave.

I don’t know what Trump’s motivations are, but it’s not Mattis’s choice on how long he gets to stay once he’s resigned. If he doesn’t support Trump’s decisions, why would Trump want to keep him around for two months?

Why not? Like I said, better transition. Trump seemed to be fine with it a few days ago, now he’s changing his tune. Wonder why.

Indeed trump loves firing people...trump thinks the US Military are his personal toy soldiers...To do as he pleases

Petty.

So you "think" Trump is just being petty? Based on your dislike of him. Post #4 explains the deal....

Indeed trump loves firing people...trump thinks the US Military are his personal toy soldiers...To do as he pleases

Sunday morning rant. More of post #4 they can not help themselves. :doh

Not sure if you ever had a job. When you quit the company makes the final decision as to when you leave.

You are equating the secretary of defense with a measly job I’ve had? LOL. It’s a huge role to fill , Mattis was trying to be decent to trump in staying as long as possible to provide for a smooth transition. But clearly trump cannot handle it nor does he care about the transition.

The Secretary of Defense serves at the pleasure of the President. So yes, he can be fired whenever the President sees fit. Mattis understands how it works.

So you "think" Trump is just being petty? Based on your dislike of him. Post #4 explains the deal....

I question anyone who still “likes” trump at this point. Quite embarrassing.

Why not? Like I said, better transition. Trump seemed to be fine with it a few days ago, now he’s changing his tune. Wonder why.

No idea, but he gets to make the call.

WASHINGTON, D.C. --

In anticipation

"Little Jimmy Mathis is dumb as a rock and was never my first choice for anything."

["tweet" sent out by DJT on 02 JAN 19]

"Whining Little Jimmy is part of Crooked Hilarie's and Muslim Obama's Deep State conspiracy and isn't anywhere near as smart as I am."

["tweet" sent by DJT on 03 JAN 19]

"I have no respect for quitters and no real mareen ever quits. Moron Mathis is a quitter and should be courtmarshaled."

["tweet" sent by DJT on 04 JAN 19]

The Secretary of Defense serves at the pleasure of the President. So yes, he can be fired whenever the President sees fit. Mattis understands how it works.

You proud trump treats members of the Military like servants?...To be dismissed on a whim......

No idea, but he gets to make the call.

No one is debating that. But there’s no rhyme or reason to it, which is why I feel it looks petty. Mattis was willing & able to stay and help until the end of February. Trump clearly sees no need for it, and he wants to show Mattis he doesn’t need him until then. I don’t know why the rush. This is not some receptionist position for a 20 person company. Just makes no sense which is why I came to the conclusion I did.

looks like the orange fool is thwowing a temper tantwum. poor Tweety.

You proud trump treats members of the Military like servants?...To be dismissed on a whim......

Pride isn’t a factor in any of this. It’s how the system has always worked.

No one is debating that. But there’s no rhyme or reason to it, which is why I feel it looks petty. Mattis was willing & able to stay and help until the end of February. Trump clearly sees no need for it, and he wants to show Mattis he doesn’t need him until then. I don’t know why the rush. This is not some receptionist position for a 20 person company. Just makes no sense which is why I came to the conclusion I did.

To be honest, I think you believe it’s petty because of your strong dislike of Trump.

Pride isn’t a factor in any of this. It’s how the system has always worked.

Nah, the system was to have a qualified President...Not some incompetent petty asshole...But his base of angry white people don't care...That is why Blue State America seeks to remove him....

Nah, the system was to have a qualified President...Not some incompetent petty asshole...But his base of angry white people don't care...That is why Blue State America seeks to remove him....

That’s nice.

Back
Top Bottom