• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump makes video honoring fatally shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

Asked and answered, please follow along.
Just wanted to con-firm....can you imagine if our judicial system thought at you do?

What did I omit?
The fact that this insurrection was done by trump supporters and the crowd behind Babbitt was already bashing in the door by the time she tried to climb through. “We werent doing anything wrong lel” then you tried to blame this on the left. Just own it and stop being cowardly.

Showing a person who was on the scene is hardly gaslighting. It's called eye witness testimony with a video to back it up.

What exactly are Sullivan's credentials when it comes to guarding the Capitol or members of congress? I'll just guess zero.

Agreed in the heat of the action. In hindsight though, knowing she was unarmed, it was wrong but admitting that is like pulling out all the teeth of the Democrats, when talk of sedition wants to be tossed around.
No, it wasn't wrong. We do not base judgements about killing someone, recognizing them as a threat on hindsight. In the moment is what matters. She was a threat to him and those on the other side of that barricade whether she was armed or not. The fact that it could not be determined whether she was armed makes her threat simply larger. The fact that she was the head of a mob (at that time) trying to violently break through a barrier was the main reason she was a threat. Had she gotten through, more would have followed almost certainly. There was no reasonable way to stop her without lethal force and maintain a defensive position against others breaking through that was imminent.

What exactly are Sullivan's credentials when it comes to guarding the Capitol or members of congress? I'll just guess zero.
Hes a leftist that agrees with me, he must be riiiight!

The fact that this insurrection was done by trump supporters and the crowd behind Babbitt was already bashing in the door by the time she tried to climb through. “We werent doing anything wrong lel” then you tried to blame this on the left. Just own it and stop being cowardly.
Show me the proof. I will wait.

Did I say Sullivan was guarding or had any credentials? Show me where I claimed that. All I said was eyewitness testimony with video to back it up from a person who is not and never has been a Trumper. Was he there? Did he report almost immediately what he saw? Is he a Trump supporter? Yes. Yes No

How nice, trying to make a martyr out of a villain
That's a funny comment given the fluffing and lionization of George Floyd by so many lefties on this board.

My service is so long ago as to be worthless in making an argument today; that being said, 14 years and E-4 raises a few questions.
I've known a few, even on active duty. It can depend on the rate for the Navy (again, not sure about Air Force). While my job we went up quick (we made E4 automatically out of A school and could get E5 by reenlisting), other jobs took a long time to get that far up. But then again, she could have faced NJP. She was charged with reckless driving about 5 years ago, so that actually could easily fit with the timeline of about when she got out, since it was 14 years in, and she was 35. So that means in 2016, she was around 29. The reckless endangerment charge could have been a problem.

In 2016, while living in Maryland, she was charged with reckless endangerment after hitting another woman's car repeatedly in an incident described by authorities as "road rage". She was eventually acquitted.

Did I say Sullivan was guarding or had any credentials? Show me where I claimed that. All I said was eyewitness testimony with video to back it up from a person who is not and never has been a Trumper. Was he there? Did he report almost immediately what he saw? Is he a Trump supporter? Yes. Yes No

I'm pointing out to you that his opinion on her not being a threat to anyone is worthless. He wasn't trained nor being paid to guard that building and the people in it. He wasn't the person with a radio hearing his fellow officers yelling for help. It's like listening to a store cashier say that massive lump on your neck doesn't seem serious.

I am not going to argue whether the shoot was justified or not. What I would like to discuss is one person who took the video of the shoot.

I have watched an interview of John Sullivan and what I say comes from that interview.
Sullivan claims to be a reporter at this event. He has a history of left wing activism and attendance at other rallies/riots. Undoubtedly a left wing agitator who was one of the first to enter the capitol. He was heard yelling things that were meant to promote a riot on his own film. Is there any curiosity about why CNN paid this man for his film (reportedly 90K) and why he had to return it?

Why would a left wing agitator be one of the first to enter the capitol? He says Ashley Babbitt was no threat to anyone. Why would he lie? For anyone looking for truth about events of January sixth, Sullivan must be explained.
Sullivan is nothing more than an antagonist who was called out as such months before January 6th, if not even longer. He was a self serving vlogger from a conservative family who likely was taking the "side" he did simply to try to get rich.

He would lie to get more followers, get more money. That seems to be his MO. In fact, he may very well be doing it to try to make BLM/antifa people look bad, set them up.

I'm pointing out to you that his opinion on her not being a threat to anyone is worthless. He wasn't trained nor being paid to guard that building and the people in it. He wasn't the person with a radio hearing his fellow officers yelling for help. It's like listening to a store cashier say that massive lump on your neck doesn't seem serious.
C'mon man. He doesn't fit the narrative so you cancel him.

I forgot that cops never act in haste and kill people when they could have deescalated the situation. Just never could happen with these trained individuals.

I forgot that cops never act in haste and kill people when they could have deescalated the situation. Just never could happen with these trained individuals.
He doesn't just not fit the narrative. He lies, he instigates. He has a suspicious past and has been blacklisted by BLM members and antifa for instigating and going out of his way to encourage others at earlier protests to do bad things, to disobey those rules that are put out, to cause trouble. He has even been accused of leading groups of protestors into police custody.

Sullivan is nothing more than an antagonist who was called out as such months before January 6th, if not even longer. He was a self serving vlogger from a conservative family who likely was taking the "side" he did simply to try to get rich.

He would lie to get more followers, get more money. That seems to be his MO. In fact, he may very well be doing it to try to make BLM/antifa people look bad, set them up.

I don't disagree. It doesn't take away from his being there and describing what he saw, with video.

I don't disagree. It doesn't take away from his being there and describing what he saw, with video.
His video provides evidence that she was a threat and does not support his claims. He shows that she was leading a mob in, which, as I said, was the main reason that she was an imminent and lethal threat. That mob. His opinion otherwise is just an uninformed opinion. He is also very likely working with his brother to make the left look bad, so he may just be trying a different tactic. There is evidence he is in contact with his brother, in support of his brother's operations, group.

Show me the proof. I will wait.
You know thats what happened. Ohhhh that proud boy guy who was rejected by progressive activists ohhh! That fraud is just as guilty of trying to make this trump’s reichtag fire incident. Just own it bub. It was not the fault of the left by EVERY objective measure.

🤣. Dont be cowardly

Trumpists are rank cowards. Just ****ing own your shit.

That's a funny comment given the fluffing and lionization of George Floyd by so many lefties on this board.
And, here we have a misrepresentation. It's not so much George Floyd, but rather the understanding that he is a symbol of police brutality, and how many unarmed people of color can get brutally treated by the police without justification.

Do you think that a police officer should kneel on someone's neck for 9 minutes till they are dead? Do you think that police should be judge , jury and excutioner when the person is in a postioin not to be a threat?

Back
Top Bottom