• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump makes video honoring fatally shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

Umm they do. All the time in sentencing.
In sentencing.....are you saying that just skip to the sentencing and executing people based on their history? Skip the actual trial?

Raise the flag! The ranks tightly closed!
The SA marches with calm, steady step.
𝄆 Comrades shot by the Red Front and reactionaries
March in spirit within our ranks. 𝄇

Clear the streets for the brown battalions,
Clear the streets for the storm division man!
𝄆 Millions are looking upon the swastika full of hope,
The day of freedom and of bread dawns! 𝄇

For the last time, the call to arms is sounded!
For the fight, we all stand prepared!
𝄆 Already Hitler's banners fly over all streets.
The time of bondage will last but a little while now!

I have to quit trying to use this board on my phone.

"While that is indeed true, tell me, consideering the circumstances, what do YOU think should have been the response of the police officer protecting the congress members in that situation? Be explicit, and tell me what actions you think would have been appropriate? Remember, there were hundreds of other people behind her, and they had been chanting 'hang mike pence."

I wouldn't condemn the cop. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he did what he thought he had to, although when I watch the video he seems to be lying in wait. From the video I have watched, and that is not a lot, I didn't see anyone in imminent danger from Babbitt. There were a lot of armed police behind the crowd that we see in the video, and the rioters (whatever you want to call them) are not well armed.

I would not attempt to say what I would do in the situation. That's unfair to the policeman and unfair to me.

I do think this should be investigated, but a partisan committee in the house will serve little purpose. Pelosi would have been better served to allow Jordan and Banks on the committee rather than handpicking people who are against Trump and calling it bipartisan. From past experience we know that little justice ever comes from these political investigations.

Put the facts before a grand jury and let it decide, come what may.? I don't know. What do you think?

I also think the adjudication of the charged participants should have played out before the investigation began. Just my opinion.

So you asked and I answered.

He was in an area where the mob had yet to breach and there were still members of congress trapped just down the hall. So of course officers would be staked out there in case that mob outside the doors were able to breach them as well.

Two investigations found Byrd justified in his actions.

Hatred noted. You know it's not a healthy emotion?
You would be better served if you would note the ignorance and stupidity in your posts and no it is not hatred just ****ing annoyance with the moronic crap that Trump ass kissing degenerates spew.

He was in an area where the mob had yet to breach and there were still members of congress trapped just down the hall. So of course officers would be staked out there in case that mob outside the doors were able to breach them as well.

Two investigations found Byrd justified in his actions.
As I said, I have no issue with Byrd per se.

Former President Donald Trump recorded a video message to be played at a commemoration event honoring Ashli Babbitt, a woman who was fatally shot while invading the US Capitol on January 6.

The man is truly dangerous.

Does anyone with two properly working brain cells think this sociopathic asshole Trump, who offered 'one' of his mistresses a million dollars to abort his very own daughter Tiffany, actually gives a shit about the death of Ashli Babbitt, other than to stomp on her grave for potential future personal political gain?

Trump states that Ms. Babbitt was a 14 year veteran of the USAF and states her rank as Senior Airman. That is an E-4, I’d like to hear the rest of that story…..
Trump must have screwed that up. She should have been well up in the ranks as a NCO in 14 years. But then Trump knows nothing about the military so...

OTOH maybe she got busted at some point?

Damn I looked it up and she only got to Senior Airman in 14 years! I was Sgt in 4 years! Something not right there! Maybe she was busted!

Him meaning George Floyd just in case anyone is wondering who you meant. ;)

I agree full heartedly with you...
Yep. We wouldn't want large pigeons with bowel issues shitting all over a statue of the deceased insurrectionist Miss Babbitt, would we?

You would be better served if you would note the ignorance and stupidity in your posts and no it is not hatred just ****ing annoyance with the moronic crap that Trump ass kissing degenerates spew.
Like I said, hatred noted.

I looked it up to verify my suspicions. Something was not right with Babbit's time in service. For some reason she failed to get promoted in the normal amount of time. Only Senior Airman at 14 years of service? Here is what it typically takes to reach Senior Airman:
uy7HuIP.png

Trump didn't get it wrong in the video so why such a low rank for that amount of years in service?

I found the following:
jDMLuYkm.png

Last edited:
I have been called a nincompoop and ignorant. Lets go for the trifecta.

Ignorant isn't a bad thing.

It is a state of being.

I am ignorant on a wide range of subjects.

But not this one.

Now, you said better training.

How does that apply in this case?

One well placed shot stopped a multitude of rioters breaching the barricade.

Facts don't matter much these days.

Oh the irony.
I am not going to argue whether the shoot was justified or not. What I would like to discuss is one person who took the video of the shoot.

I have watched an interview of John Sullivan and what I say comes from that interview.
Sullivan claims to be a reporter at this event. He has a history of left wing activism and attendance at other rallies/riots. Undoubtedly a left wing agitator who was one of the first to enter the capitol. He was heard yelling things that were meant to promote a riot on his own film. Is there any curiosity about why CNN paid this man for his film (reportedly 90K) and why he had to return it?

Why would a left wing agitator be one of the first to enter the capitol? He says Ashley Babbitt was no threat to anyone. Why would he lie? For anyone looking for truth about events of January sixth, Sullivan must be explained.
More happy horseshit.

Very courageous of The Donald.

Here he is, the object of Dem prosecutors who want to bankrupt him and even imprison him.

Yet he is willing to stand up & offer his condolences to someone who was visiting the Capitol and was shot dead,

Kind of reminds me of those students who were shot dead during a protest against the war in Vietnam.

Those students could not stand the loss of American and Vietnamese lives.

And Ms. B. apparently just wanted to discuss with the members of Congress the possibility that the election was not as pure as the driven snow.
You forgot the "Sarcasm" smilie

I have to quit trying to use this board on my phone.

"While that is indeed true, tell me, consideering the circumstances, what do YOU think should have been the response of the police officer protecting the congress members in that situation? Be explicit, and tell me what actions you think would have been appropriate? Remember, there were hundreds of other people behind her, and they had been chanting 'hang mike pence."

I wouldn't condemn the cop. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he did what he thought he had to, although when I watch the video he seems to be lying in wait. From the video I have watched, and that is not a lot, I didn't see anyone in imminent danger from Babbitt. There were a lot of armed police behind the crowd that we see in the video, and the rioters (whatever you want to call them) are not well armed.

I would not attempt to say what I would do in the situation. That's unfair to the policeman and unfair to me.

I do think this should be investigated, but a partisan committee in the house will serve little purpose. Pelosi would have been better served to allow Jordan and Banks on the committee rather than handpicking people who are against Trump and calling it bipartisan. From past experience we know that little justice ever comes from these political investigations.

Put the facts before a grand jury and let it decide, come what may.? I don't know. What do you think?

I also think the adjudication of the charged participants should have played out before the investigation began. Just my opinion.

So you asked and I answered.
Jordon & Banks were rejected three others were accepted, with a request to renominate others to those two spots. Jordon is a possible witness for the committee, while Banks made it known that nothing happened on 1/6 & nothing would change his mind. Speaker of the house Pelosi picked the two R's who would serve, after Drumpf/McCarthy told the caucus not to serve on the Committee. You are helping Drumpf when you put it the way you did. Pelosi gave the R's every chance.
While on the subject, the R's shot down a truly Bipartisan Committee, with each party sending 5 people. It is obvious that R's would like to forget 1/6/21.

Ignorant isn't a bad thing.

It is a state of being.

I am ignorant on a wide range of subjects.

But not this one.

Now, you said better training.

How does that apply in this case?

One well placed shot stopped a multitude of rioters breaching the barricade.
I will forward your advice to the Portland Police Bureau.

Not seeing an answer here. Odd.

I think he was comparing to Kent State, but who am I to correct such a brilliant thinker.
Kent State...for those of us old enough to remember it quite well.

Jordon & Banks were rejected three others were accepted, with a request to renominate others to those two spots. Jordon is a possible witness for the committee, while Banks made it known that nothing happened on 1/6 & nothing would change his mind. Speaker of the house Pelosi picked the two R's who would serve, after Drumpf/McCarthy told the caucus not to serve on the Committee. You are helping Drumpf when you put it the way you did. Pelosi gave the R's every chance.
While on the subject, the R's shot down a truly Bipartisan Committee, with each party sending 5 people. It is obvious that R's would like to forget 1/6/21.
At least you admit it's not a "truly" bipartisan committee. Progress.

Back
Top Bottom